BCA Month Salon Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent Baby Driver Available to Rent  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now PSFF17_gno

on August 20, 2017
Hello!
I have rarely written a long customer review. Not only am I trying to practice writing more often, but I like to save people from their own decisions on a regular basis. This is one of the best shows I have ever seen. I'm an expert. More so than those people who write the "best TV ever" lists. I am just old enough to have been around TV for long enough to see many, many 1/2 hour comedies.

Besides being funny there are TWO things that make great short comedies.
1) The correct characters say the correct jokes. Writers will think up jokes and then hand them out to whomever. Friends did this.....not always, but enough to NOT put them on a list. I Love Lucy did this too often too. those two show are great in their time, but NOT the greatest.
2) The shows have to be lasting...not just timely. In other words..Once you know the characters, the show is still funny regardless of the decade, fashion, or time. Barney Miller is expert at this. Easily top two shows. (Some of my highest...in no particular order are: Barney Miller, Mash, TAXI, Cheers, All In The Family, Two and a Half Men (minus four seasons ..now I am cheating).

Back to saving people:
---Do NOT watch the final episode in Season 9.
I would LOVE to unwatch a LOT of season 9, but some of it is relevant and fun. Some of what happens in the final season does not fit the characters, and the protagonist (the least favorite character) goes into full whine (beyond how he is the rest of the series)
---But the final episode really brings the characters down... not just because people do not LIKE how it ended, but because the characters show so much change and intelligence throughout the series, that the last episode goes against the strengths, personalities, and growth that the characters have and have made until this point. DO NOT watch the final episode. You cannot unsee it.
hmmmm... maybe "unsee" does have its place in the world? Maybe it was invented just for this shows last episode.

This is the best I can do to convince you not to watch the final episode without spoilers. I am soo tempted to spoil the last episode so you DO NOT watch it, but then, like me, it will be ingrained in your psyche, and, like me, the show will be ruined.

Maybe I can go to a hypnotist and have the last episode erased from my pea brain.

What happened here is a money sqeeeeze... to get out a final season. They forced too much in..to fast.
on January 29, 2015
In my book this was an excellent series! In true fashion (for me) I bought the first season just to see if we'd like it. Guess the answer was yes because I went on to the buy the rest of the series. My wife and I loved it but we really like romantic comedy type things. I don't know if I'd really call this romantic comedy but lack another term for it. Like most sit-com's some episodes are better than others but it kept us engaged and we really enjoyed watching most of the episodes. This is one that I'll watch again! Sometimes I'll get to the end of a series and never watch it again. The true test, for me, is whether or not I'd watch it all over again and this one gets a "yes" answer. It's not as good as "Friends" which I can watch over and over again and still get a laugh but in my book it ranks as one of the better sit-com's I've come across and I watch a lot of sit-com's!
on April 6, 2017
I loved it. Finally got to see how the show ended. I had almost figured it out but wondered how it could work but they did a good job with the story.
I'm so happy that I made the purchase and very pleased. Amazon is the best
on April 4, 2013
Whether you appreciate a well-written story that's been ongoing for years or simply enjoy jumping from one show to another, you would love this show from its intricacies to its "self-containedness" (not a word, I know)! If you loved Friends when you were in your late teens and early 20s, this is definitely something for you! This show has so many characters you can relate to as well as characters you want to live vicariously through. Season Eight is definitely the season where things are coming together and you almost dread that it'll be the last season since the story seems to be getting to the point of how he met his wife. But the writers are so good, I wouldn't be surprised if the story will go beyond meeting his partner for life. :-)
on May 19, 2017
Ahhh the last 2 seasons. I enjoyed the whole.flashback thing. I know some didnt. Really wish they had spent more time on the moms point of view but oh well
on October 17, 2012
Season Seven left me holding my breath when I saw that Barney and Robin were about to get married; I had been waiting in anticipation for season eight, and it has not disappointed thus far. It's still as smart and funny as it's always been. I think my favorite thing about the show is it stays pretty light with "just enough" drama at times. It never leaves me feeling sad like some shows do, even when the characters go through their breakups, the writers still manage to keep it from being devastating. For example, I didn't like seeing Robin and Ted break up, but when Robin and Barney hooked up, I was all for it. I can't wait to see how the story of how they ended up engaged unfolds. I definitely recommend How I Met Your Mother for anyone who loves a good laugh, and can enjoy watching a group of friends live their lives in a hilarious way.
on March 1, 2013
I rented the "standard definition" (aka 480i) Season 8, Episodes 2 through 6 last weekend. The overall quality of the downloads was good, but the first few seconds of each episode were not included. I tried to rewind, but the content is not there. So only 4 out of 5 stars!

If you are a fan of the show, you know the narrator (Bob Saget) talks to his kids at the beginning of most episodes, and tells them what the episode is about. You'll miss that! It's a simple sit-com though, so you'll eventually figure it out, but it's a little dissapointing. I think Amazon's "auto-rip" machine needs to do a better job!
on December 30, 2016
Happy
on September 21, 2017
My wife loves the special features. Just what she was hoping for
on April 9, 2015
Feeling the winding down of a great show. Will genuinely miss this group of characters. All are maturing and taking different paths. Looking forward to Season 9.