Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Listen for a chance to win Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon JCVJ JCVJ JCVJ  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rise of the Turtles
Format: DVD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 9, 2013
This DVD contains 6 episodes from Season 1 of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles TV series. This is DVD release 1 of 3 of the first season episodes. Amazon doesn't always do a good job on their DVD episode listings so here are the episodes that are included on this DVD:

1. Rise of the Turtles, Part 1
2. Rise of the Turtles, Part 2
3. Turtle Temper
4. New Friend, Old Enemy
5. I Think His Name is Baxter Stockman
6. Metalhead

Here are Amazon links to all of the Season 1 DVDs:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rise of the Turtles (Season 1, Part 1 of 3)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Enter Shredder (Season 1, Part 2 of 3)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Ultimate Showdown (Season 1, Part 3 of 3)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Rise of the Turtles & Enter Shredder Combo Pack (compare price to individual DVDs)
11 comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on January 9, 2014
My husband and I ran across this new (2012) version of the turtles and started watching them on a regular basis. We absolutely love them (yes, we are adults, but who cares?!) I love the fact that the characters have distinct personalities and looks unlike the 1987 version where they all looked and acted the same. The writing for the show is excellent - the perfect mix of humor, sincerity, and good life lessons all combined into one fantastic show. The only complaint I have is that (as a parent) I feel it's a bit too violent/creepy for younger kids (it's up to each parent to decide how old their kids should be) and they insult Michelangelo a lot (in good fun, but still) which I wish didn't happen so much because I'm not sure how much little ones would pick up on that and think it was "cool" to do since the turtles do it. They do have some moments where they clearly show that they care about Mikey, though, and each other, especially when one of them gets taken or hurt by a "bad guy."
on May 3, 2014
These DVDs were exactly what my sons wanted. They were not expecting them so when I gave them to them right before about a 2 hr RV car trip, they were ecstatic. The bliss we experienced was a quiet ride to our destination. Picture quality is very good. There are little breaks in the shows where the tv commercials use to be I think but the kids don't seem to mind. I don't know if I would have noticed if it wasn't for my hubby saying it seems like the story line was skipping around. Very satisfied.
on March 9, 2013
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles have been one of my favorite cartoons ever since the original, classic series debuted in 1987. Which brings me to this cartoon of 2012. What we have on this particular DVD is 5 (technically 6) episodes of the first season from Nickelodeon's take on the TMNT. There is a lot to love here from old to new fans.

It seems like this series was designed to retain the old fans, while making some new ones along the way. Michelangelo's voice had me concerned, but once I watched the first episode, my concerns were put to rest as the voice cast is pretty solid. Featuring Rob Paulson (Donatello), Sean Astin (Raphael), Jason Biggs (Leonardo), and Greg Cipes (Michelangelo).

My only gripe is the show is not on Bluray, but no big deal. I have a feeling they will release the Bluray when the first season is concluded.
on February 6, 2016
Read my review of TMNT Enter Shredder LOVE IT!!!! Top notch Movies!!! If your a Teenage Mutant Turtles Fan as I am the whole Nickelodeon TMNT series is a must have!!! I watch one episode & I'm hooked I'V got to see what happens next Can't wait to own the whole collection even the old TV animated cartoon series!!! I guess you can say when it comes to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles I'm a true Geek!!!! Much better than the Latest TMNT movie & I own the four disc set with all four TMNT movies!!! Another perfect ten out of ten!!!
on October 18, 2017
Pleased with movie.
on November 6, 2013
I am a grandmother of eleven and I get the biggest kick out of these guys. This DVD is the first of three that cover the complete first season of the latest version of the TMNTs. The characters are well-developed and each one has different strengths and weaknesses. Children of all ages can enjoy the stories. The computer generated images are excellent and I prefer this series to a cartoon version.

Episodes included are:
Rise of the Turtles (double-length episode)
Turtle Temper

Theme Song Karaoke Music Video
on July 19, 2017
Perfect
on December 31, 2013
I can't believe I'm writing a review for a TMNT dvd, but I'm going to do it. I had no idea the series was updated and this is my favorite yet! It's awesome!!! My 4 year old niece kept talking about Mikey this and Mikey that and we watched a couple of episodes on youtube so I bought the 3 pack for her. I'm so glad I did - they're really entertaining, oops I mean she loves them, not me. he-he. And before anyone gets all freaked out that a 4 year old is watching them, we discuss that all of the moves are self-defense to ward off bad robots.
on March 2, 2014
I haven't watched an episode of the Turtles since somewhere in the original series in the early 90's but this series looks and feels like the closest to the original comic as we're ever going to get. I like the show but I feel that characters like Dogpound or Xever drag the series down to elementary age level. These guys suck but the rest of the series is great.