Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

We Want O Groove
Format: Audio CD|Change

You just never know where Joe Bonamassa will turn up next. Here it's in a world class supergroup of like-minded musicians culling a funky groove into nine songs that defy genre but are amazing to listen to regardless of your normal musical preferences. Along with Joe, Renato Neto (keyboards), Mike Merritt (bass), Ron DeJesus (guitar), and Tal Bergman (drummer for Bonamassa and others) join in the fracas to make one of the most interesting rhythm-driven albums in recent memory. It's an album that's impossible to precisely pigeonhole, but if you want a preview find the "Octopus-e" video, or just watch it on the enclosed bonus DVD, which also features some interesting behind the scenes stuff fans will be sure to enjoy.

While "We Want O Groove" is impossible to precisely classify as it crosses so many genre barriers in the last expected ways imaginable, it's a great effort and well worth adding to your collection.
4 people found this helpful
on November 6, 2015
Does the band get into the groove? Do they have funk? Are the recording, production, and levels of high quality? To these questions, which are critical components to any good album, the answer is definitely YES! So what is the problem. The tracks are not really songs, in the sense they have no beginning, bridge, or end. All are fine groove rhythms, with some funky flourishes, and they go on and on - then fade out. James Brown, the Godfather of Funk and Groove, could go on and on ( sometimes way too long ), but knew how to wrap a song up to a satisfying conclusion. That does not happen here, nor on Rock Candy Funk Party's other album either. This is too bad, for there is real talent here, and some really tasty groove, but it makes the album hard to enjoy. Each cut is like they are saying, "Okay now, here is another funky groove!" Some of the cuts almost feel like the listener is joining the jam while in progress, and the engineer turned down the levels after five minutes. A lot of potential here, but mostly to be sampled or thrown on to a mix CD, not to be enjoyed in its entirety. I really had my hopes up, because the world needs to groove to some good new funk!
2 people found this helpful
on November 18, 2013
I cannot tell you how good this is in this little review box. You can't box in Bonamassa! If you like Guitar Driven Rock, Blues, Blues Rock, Jazz - all from a very young guy who not only writes his lyrics but also his music and it's actually good - you want this.This guy is the most under-rated musician you have never heard of. When you hear this (hopefully through real speakers - not amped up bass boosters from hell) you will hear music - like it's the first time. I accidentally found him and bought 2 CDs.
Then I went to a used CD shop and bought the rest of his entire catalog (new & unopened) including the 2 CDs with Beth Hart and his first rock band's CD and his other pet project Rock Candy Funk Party. Then I found the DVD concerts and then the blu rays concerts. I'm tellin' you "Get up off-a that thing".........and buy ALL OF IT. You WILL thank me.....
3 people found this helpful
on March 12, 2013
I preordered this cd as a Valentine's Day gift for my husband. We love Joe Bonamassa and have ordered his cd's through Amazon in the past. I had received an e-mail from Amazon telling me that this was his newest cd being released and I could preorder for the best price. I was very pleased with the low price guarantee through Amazon and the cd did come during the expected time it was promised. The reason for my 4-star rating is that we were disappointed that the cd contains many artists and not a lot of Joe Bonamassa. I knew there were other artists on the cd and we've purchased another cd where he collaborated with Beth Hart and found we LOVE her so I wasn't scared off by other artists being featured. This cd just didn't resonate as well with my husband as other cds have. If you are looking for Joe Bonamassa's music, there are better cds to purchase, in my opinion.
on May 31, 2017
Just like the name says...rock, funk and of course fusion! Great 70's like fusion think Beck,Cobham,Coryell. All the players are great. Can tell
they really enjoy playing this music.
on December 6, 2017
Love Joe, not so sure about RCFP though.
on March 17, 2018
Great Groovin' music!
on April 14, 2015
Joe Bonamassa rocks any kind of music he plays...you can tell these guys are having fun playing together...hope to hear more from this group of talented musicians!
on March 15, 2013
I bought this album because I'm a huge Joe Bonamassa fan.

If you're expecting the typical Joe jams and solos then don't buy this. However, if you're looking for an updated and awesome take on funk and jazz fusion then click purchase now.

As you listen through the tracks the album starts VERY strong - hits a little bit of a lull around mid point - then finishes just as strong as it starts. World class musicians making world class music. Enjoy.
11 people found this helpful