Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Size: 1 Pack|Change

Showing 1-10 of 750 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 816 reviews
on April 6, 2013
This the perfect portable fan (though it also comes with an ac adapter)I am amazed at how much power comes from using the eight D batteries. The best feature is that the batteries are in the flat base of the fan, which really weights it down and allows it to be really sturdy and steady. The instructions say to use a screw-driver or a coin to open the battery holder. I found that a quarter works best. The bottom line is that if you need a portable fan, this is the one to buy. In fact, I'm going to order another one asap.
22 comments| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 9, 2013
Though it will go through the 8 D-cell btteries in about a week (on low setting, for 8-10 hrs a day). It has made a big difference for my comfort level in the Afghan summer.
22 comments| 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2014
I used this fan last summer at Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival. It lasted the entire 5 days with pretty constant use when I was at our campsite. I brought a ton of extra batteries because I was paranoid it would run out and I'd be stuck in the blistering Tennessee summer heat in a small tent with smelly dudes and no moving air. I didn't need any of them, even when running this bad boy on high most of the time.

Its air output is pretty good, especially for a portable fan. Kept me nice and cool. It folds down so it's fairly compact and easy to transport. You need a coin to open up the battery compartment. Don't forget that. I forgot that, and had to use my fingernails. Don't use your fingernails.

Since the batteries are in the base, and you use 8 of them (D), the base has enough weight to stay put and not move around all the time. It's such a neat design that you almost forget you paid more for the batteries than the fan itself.

I definitely recommend this for those that need a solid portable fan that will keep you cool for a long time. I look forward to using it at Bonnaroo this year (well, I look forward to listening to great music and eating delicious food and stuff, not really just to use a fan).
99 comments| 86 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 2, 2013
I sleep on a tallship, my bunk is very tight quarters, we have curtains which make the warmth of your body get trapped inside your bunk and it tends to make the area very sweaty when you have a bunk in the galley where the engine, genny, and stove are all located. You could leave the curtain open but then you have no privacy for sleeping, this fan works wonders, it's not so loud that you can't sleep with it on, and I have it right by my head. The batteries I got have lasted for full four nights so far and they are starting to show signs of fading, but not so much that it doesn't work, on the low setting which I use it's plenty strong enough at moving the air and keeping it circulated so I don't have to worry about overheating during the night.
on June 4, 2015
Easy to recommend if you want a back up battery fan or a quiet fan to use with the included AC adapter.
If used without the batteries this is very light weight. Probably not very durable but excellent for being easy to transport and quiet.

It does take 8 "D' batteries. With the batteries included it is fairly stable due to the added weight.
You can use rechargeable AA batteries with "D" spacers.

If you are buying 8 "D" spacers and then 16 AA rechargeable batteries ( Sanyo top of the line) this is not cheap.
Though if your electricity goes out in mid July you may think it is the best investment you ever made.
on August 16, 2015
I bought this for an overseas trip as I knew 2 of our locations would not have A/C. It worked great so long as there was wall power.
After we got home I tested it with battery power (would make a nice summer fan in the event of a power failure). Unfortunately, mine does not work at all with battery power (fresh D cells... all connections appear to be solid). Now it is too late to return (I should have tested it with batteries 1st). It works fine with AC power and does a fine job, except that it will not work (and has never worked) with batteries. I'll probably tinker some more at this point since I cannot return it but it's not looking good. Be sure to test it out with batteries.
on August 21, 2014
This thing rocks! You will not get more airflow in a battery operated fan than this! With the batteries in the base it makes it super stable but the hinge won't move past the 90 degree point. Wasn't a problem, simply prop it up and ta-da! We now have a window fan for our rustic (no electricity) cabin that blows outside cool air on us as we sleep! It lasted 2 nights going all night long and the batteries were still good. I don't know how long they will last but so far I feel really good about this purchase!
on June 5, 2013
for a battery powered fan, this moves a lot of air. I haven't run down a set of batteries yet, so can't say how long a set lasts. It does take 8 D cells so It should last a while. The fan also comes with a Plug in power converter and it runs the fan just slightly faster than the batteries, so You could use this when you have AC available. I am using this for a shelter fan, so will use the power cord I have in there until I lose power.
on March 11, 2017
Perfect for what i need it for and works great..."BUT"...this product wont last but a few months. Where you plug the adapter into will short out eventually. Im actually on my second one. No more for me after this one.
on July 23, 2015
It was exactly what I wanted, size-wise--however, the airflow was lacking. I'd suggest that all air moving devices sold on Amazon be required to show the CFM specifications. THANKS!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.