Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on March 11, 2017
You have to buy the entire saga. It's horrible. You love it. You watch it. You make fun of it. You embarrass yourself. You watch it again. You accept what you've become. Buy it!
22 comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 28, 2015
Despite some of my friends who have that look of dismay in their eyes when I tell them how much I loved the entire Twilight Saga series, I can only speak for myself when I say that there is a very special world that one enters when they become part of the drama unfolding in Twilight. I find myself drawn so deeply into a love story that just so happens to include vampires and werewolves...and some mighty attractive young stars as well. Imagine finding the love of your life...and being able to unite with them for all eternity. Compelling, no matter how you look at it. And did I mention the enchanting, hypnotic piano piece, "Bella's Lullaby"...I cannot listen to it enough...to the point where I've purchased the sheet music and am now learning to play it on my piano. So ignore your friends' opinions and just watch the beginning episode...you will discover a fresh innocence that compels you onward throughout the entire saga.
So happy!! Love the Twilight Saga!! Was so happy to finally upgrade to the blu-ray set, after I literally wore out my regular Twilight DVD's. It's looks amazing in blu-ray!! Twilight is my absolute favorite!! And there's no shame in my game⚰️ Lol. Totally recommend!!
review imagereview image
on July 14, 2013
I saw Breaking Dawn: Part 1 at the theater but never got down to writing a review for it. After finally receiving my Blu-Ray version from Amazon (I'm not going to forget my disappointment when they didn't pre-ship for a LONG time), I decided a review was overdue.

I have loved all of the Twilight movies, despite the criticism they have received. I think that Breaking Dawn: Part 1 was the best one so far, although there is a special place in my heart for the first movie. Seeing the characters I loved so much come to life for the first time was so special. I'll never forget how I felt the first time I saw Rob Pattinson as Edward!

I thought that this movie could have felt slow, but the director managed to keep it exciting and full of action (even though some of that action was not found in the original story, grrr). I was so happy that there was not part of the movie narrated from Jacob's perspective, like there is in the book. I think it would have really slowed the movie down and changed the tone of it completely.

My favorite part of the movie was the wedding: Bella and Edward have been heading towards that wedding since Edward walked into the cafeteria in Twilight. Didn't Bella look so beautiful? Although I did enjoy the honeymoon too...

I loved the special effects, especially the way Bella looked while pregnant. She was scary! And I loved the way they handled her transformation. She looked like Snow White: so beautiful! But one question---has Kristen Stewart always been this tiny? She is so, so small. I could not believe how thin she looked in her wedding dress and in her swimsuit on the honeymoon.

Overall, I loved Breaking Dawn: Part 1. I can't wait for part two---just the flash-forwards we got of Renesmee were tantalizing and I want to see more of her, and Bella as a vampire!
on March 27, 2015
I read the books, had to see the movies, and liked them. Ok, no one was worried about Twilight sweeping the Oscars, but if you like the genre, they're entertaining and it's always interesting to see how a book is translated into a film. I've always liked the vampire theme, dating back to childhood when I got to stay up late to watch old B&W horror flicks, including the king of bloodsuckers, Dracula, and as a teen swooning over Frank Langella's turn as the fanged one, and then drooling over the Tom Cruise/Brad Pitt pairing in Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire. I admit, I'm too old now to be caught up in the Edward fever that infected the rabid followers of this series, but if I were 35 years youngers, I think I probably would've preferred hunky/wolfy Jacob over pasty/skinny Edward anyway!
on September 6, 2012
I fell in love with the first book. The Twilight. Then New Moon, then Eclipse and Braking Dawn. Even though these bookswere meant for young people I could relate to it. A young and simple girl falling totally in love with the guy that every girl wanted but couln't have. The books brought those caracther come out of those books and made them real to us. They could stand on their own. The stories continue and I could not get enough of the. All of tese books are very special. The writter took her time to work her magic and it inspired all of us. All of the books are very special in their own way. I was full of wonder and joy every time I read one. This is The most special because ultimatly their love won and they would be together forever. The fact that she was getting married and was going to consumate her love with this beautiful man(vampire) and she loved him so muchthat she was not scare of dying just to be with him, was amazing. That is the kind of love that as women we all want to find. A love that is worth it all. I am in love with the writer and the characters in this book. I have 2 sets of each of the books in the Saga, 2 DVD's all the audio books and all the movies in my computer to watch whenever I want. It is the best love story ever. Love conquers all. I learned that you could love 2 people at the same time in different ways but that there is one love that holds you fast to this earth and that love is worth fighting and dying for. Some people think it is a fairy tale but we all wish that we would be fortunate to find it.
on February 5, 2018
Twilight is Twilight. You can love it or hate it, but I'm not reviewing the movie, I'm reviewing my purchase. I bought this one and Part 2 and it arrived in great condition and exactly as expected except there was no slip-cover with the case, which is very upsetting for me because that's the whole reason I ordered them on Amazon instead of buying it used. Besides that, it's great.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 3, 2012
As with each of the previous Twilight saga movies this is a slow moving film that deviates significantly from the book. However it is also the first of the series I enjoyed at all. This is also the first film of the series that I found the love story between Bella and Edward to be somewhat believable. Unfortunately much of the emotion from the book is lost and Edward's suffering is minimized or barely apparent in the film though he believes he is near to losing Bella for all of eternity during much of the film. As with all previous films the beauty, magic, and grace of the vampires is entirely lost. The wolves are frequently silly looking and in one scene when we listen in on the telepathic communications among the wolves is so cheesy I died a little inside and wished the entire scene had been cut. After all so much is left out of the films how much could the movie have suffered by leaving that out too? As the saga draws to a close it seems that the characters are finally almost ready for prime time. It's a shame that it's taken so long and that we're left with these films as the representation of mediocre, but entertaining book series. Let's hope the final movie is done as well or better as this one.
on June 16, 2017
Great artist, awesome performance, and wonderful music. I am addicted to the whole story and wishing for more.
I Purchased two sets of dvds. The books are also amazing, but there are some people in it that didn't survive. I hope that Stephanie will get to work on it and transport us back to such fantastic and sublime world again.
on September 22, 2017
My 12 year old daughter loved it!! Uh... it's got vampires that don't die in sunlight and werewolves that change at will?! I admit that I watched the whole series but, ya know, I paid for it so... I've watched worse.