Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on May 17, 2015
We purchased this in January 2015 and used it for the remainder of the cold dry Michigan winter. We had the air washer running 24/7 in our bedroom at the level 2 setting. Definitely did it's job of filtering the air as we found plenty of sediment in the bottom of the air washer every two weeks when we cleaned it. We added a gallon of water to the washer every day and noticed a huge improvement in the moisture in the air. The device is well made and easy to clean.
review imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 138 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2016
I'm still not sure what to think about this thing after using it for about a year.
Does it humidify?
It's questionable, maybe more like maintains the humidity levels from dropping too fast. Why do I say this? Because I don't see the humidity levels drop or spike when I'm not using or using the unit. I have a pretty fast reacting hygrometer which detects the changes in 30 minutes max.

Does it clean air?
For sure it does, simply because the water in the tub gets dirty. But how big of a radius does it really affect? I'm not sure, I have no proof either way.
My nose never said "ohhhh this air feels so great" when I would walk inside the room where it's used. But I keep using it, in good part because it's so universally praised, and I paid for it.

I had mine for close to a year. First few months you could keep it in the bedroom where we sleep. But then it developed this clickity/clackety noise, stuttering clicking sound. That made it not bedroom quiet. I tinkered with it a lot, read tips from Venta themselves, and various advice on the internet and this collection of reviews. It's successful for a few hours but the clicking always returns. So during day it's in our bedroom and during night in the living room. Usually on #2 setting.
So while it's humidifying and air cleaning properties are just my subjective opinions, this noise is definitely a disappointment.

My first big gripe is how Venta marketing makes you think it's low maintenance.
OK how, compared to other humidifiers I guess?
Still, how?
It takes same amount of work adding water daily and cleaning if not more.
My warm mist humidifier I'd add water daily and clean it once a season to get rid of calcium deposit.
Venta takes adding water daily, cleaning every couple of weeks, and at least once a season I disassemble it to clean the fan housing.
And the basic cleaning is not that quick either.
You have to clean both the plastic cylinder and the tub. Depending on how dirty the air was, the tub needs to be rinsed or scrubbed.
The cylinder is the worst part.
I would soak it in vinegar and then run it under water from the shower with a very strong jet stream and the slimy gunk would fall off it the plastic cylinder for half hour. A lot of it. The cylinder would be completely coated with it.
Well that was before I started using the water additive.
Then I decided to give this additive a try.
It works! For cleaning part at least, someone here noted how it became much more effective as a humidifier as they start using water additive. I haven't noticed a difference. At least nothing that would make me say "wow it's so much better now!"
But with cleaning it helps big time.
After a couple of weeks the plastic cylinder has barely any of that slimy gunky stuff.
OK so that became quick and easy.
But there's added cost. And you're dumping the additive to the water stream.
I'm not a chemist but is this really that eco-friendly as other blurb of their marketing makes you think?

Then there is a slight deception from Venta. Or maybe an honest mistake?
When you buy a bottle of additive it gives a standard measure of 3.5oz per application.
OK.
But then I remembered, when I bought this thing it came with a sample.
Well what do you know?
On the sample bottle it says LW15-25 is using 1.75oz and LW45 is using 3.5oz.
Does this bit of info exist of the 35oz bottle?
Nah-ahh.
Just says "One dose of Water Treatment Additive is 3.5 fl oz equal to one black marking on the left hand side of the label"

Mistake or tricking the consumer to spend twice as much $ as they need?

On the Venta site it says:
11 reasons people insist on Venta Airwashers
Can never over-humidify: true but in a sarcastic-ironic way, not in a way "we'll bring a humidity where it should be but too much of it"
No filters no trash: true but you're dumping water additive to back to the water supply
Hygiene no more germs: I got sick twice this season while in the last ten years I either get sick once of not at all, but it's hard to be objective on this.
Low maintenance: compared to my warm mist humidifier totally false as I mentioned in my review above
Use very little power: true but is there any benefit compared to every other humidifier of similar capacity? So if you're doing the same job as every other guy how is that the advantage for you that you decide to market yourself with?
Eco-friendly: same as No filters, no thrash line, you're dumping water additive back to the water supply stream, how is that Eco-friendly?
Extremely simple to use: true but same can be said of just about every humidifier, OK this is getting repetitive.
Very simple to clean: false, in my opinion, you have to clean the tub, the plastic cylinder and occasionally the fan housing
Easy to fill with water: true...whatever
Made in Germany: true and it's nice to see Germans keep their manufacturing in their country, the downside is the price at least 5 times and probably more of the humidifier of similar capacity
Premium quality: true but just because I don't wanna come across as a nit picky thrasher of the Venta Airwasher, on the other hand what's so premium about it? It's plastic and none of it has a Rolls Royce feeling. It's impressively designed and put together but we're accustomed to see that from Germans, I mean they are truly the kings of industrial design.

So there you have it, I hope I didn't just completely waste a couple of hours of my life and someone will actually read this.

Cheers
review imagereview image
88 comments| 259 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 9, 2017
I bought it to clean the air in my attic after I did a massive remodel. Dirt, sawdust, and who knows what was up there... and this did a great job cleaning it out. Below is a picture of one day's washing.

I gave it 5 stars when I first wrote the review, unfortunately, 4 months after I received the air purifier, it stopped shutting off when it ran out of water. I still like it, but I have to make sure it is always filled with water or it continues to run without it.

I tried contacting the company about the defective product, but they never contacted me back. The product is still under warranty, but that doesn't mean anything if the company never returns your emails.
review imagereview image
on December 16, 2015
We have been using Venta Airwashers for many years and this was our 5th unit. It came with an improperly assembled disk-stack that caused a loud thump on every revolution. I contacted customer service and was told that this part was not covered under warranty despite the fact that I enclosed a photo showing the obvious manufacturing defect.

The customer service representative said it was probably 'damaged in shipping'. A rather amusing theory since it would require the disk stack to somehow become magically unglued and mysteriously re-glued back together the wrong position. He said since it was within 30 days, he would only charge me shipping.

Sorry Venta. We purchased this unit based on 15 years of experience with your (formerly) excellent warranty service. But your 5 year warranty is now down to 1 year - and you don't even honor those terms.
0Comment| 112 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 5, 2016
I use this on the wood floor of my 1700 square feet New York apartment at the highest setting. It puts three gallons of water into the air every 24 hours when the humidify is lowest and is very quiet. What more can you ask of a humidifier? To show my satisfaction, I just gave one to my son.

I have owned this machine for three months, so I can't attest to how long it will last. What I can say, however, is that maintenance is significantly less than other humidifiers (no filters to replace), it is easy to clean, and there is no white dust or moisture near the machine..

People who criticize how often they have to fill the humidifier don't seem to understand the concept -- the whole idea of a humidifier is to transfer water to the air. An empty tank means that it is working. While I respect the opinion of people who say the device only humidifies the air close to the device, that isn't my experience. Perhaps they are keeping it too close to a wall, If I go away for a few days, resulting in the humidifier turning off when it is empty of water, the humidity in my bedroom (which is 15 feet from my living room, where I keep the L45), falls 10 percentage points. One day after turning the humidifier back on, my bedroom's humidity is 10 percentage points higher, the humidity is the same as in my living room.

The maximum amount of energy the device uses is 8 watts. So, if it runs 24 hours a day, 192 watts. It you run it for, say, five months, 29,280 watts. At 11 cents a kilowatt hour, the L45 would only cost $32.21 to run all winter. That is a small price to pay for eliminating bloody noses and congestion.

One more point. While it is possible to carry the tank to a faucet (full, the tank weighs about 26 pounds), there is too much risk of spillage. I use a plastic bucket to bring the water to the humidifier.
on August 8, 2016
This is the second Venta Airwasher I've purchased. I bought the LW25 earlier this year and the LW45 arrived today. Every good thing you've read in the overwhelmingly positive reviews of this humidifier/purifier is true. Every element of this device is superb and when I had a question on opening my LW45, the answering operator at the toll-free number easily guided me through the issue. Details, briefly, on my experiences with the two units:
1. Securely packed. They know what they're doing in shipping at Venta.
2. Quality components. When I read in reviews before purchasing my first unit things like "built like a tank", I was a bit surprised when it arrived and wasn't enormously heavy. "This is just a bunch of plastic parts," I thought. I know much better. Everything about this unit is sturdy and solid (without being bulky). Everything that needs to fit precisely ... fits precisely. Everything that needs a bit of operating space (like the rotating disk stacks) has exactly that amount of operating space. Simple operating instructions and minimalist buttons and lights. When I needed to open the upper housing on the bigger unit, there are two buttons to push on top of the unit. When you push them, the panels unfold with origami-like precision.
3. So quiet I initially doubted it was actually running. The LW25 has 2 speeds and on the higher speed, you can barely hear it. The LW45, designed to purify and humidify an 800 square foot space, has 3 speeds and on the 3rd speed, you can hear it hum a little.
4. Does what it's supposed to do. I live in Arizona and dryness and lack of humidity are an issue, along with a few allergy-intense periods (for me). I don't know how to quantify the ABSENCE of allergies and dryness in the air, but those things are absent. We also had some intense issues with pet odors. I had the LW25 in my home office and, after the pet-odor situation got so hit you walking into the house, I temporarily moved the LW25 to our central family room/kitchen area. This was the medium unit and our house is pretty wide open so I didn't know how much of a change to expect. Someone with a much more sensitive sense of smell than me told me after one day the difference in pet odor was substantial. After nearly five months with the first unit, I immediately ordered the LW45 for that large, open area.
5. Maintenance is simple. Easy instructions, easy to wipe or sponge or squirt clean. Easy to add the water treatment additive every two weeks. Easy to fill. If you don't put water in and the tank empties, it stops running and a red light goes on.
6. Customer service was great. No recorded message, no impersonal call center, no transferring around to tech support, or need to have anyone call me back. The operator was courteous, understood my problem (a red light went on when I first plugged in the unit). She quickly and carefully suggested I open the upper housing (and walked me through that), unplug the power adapter from the unit, replug it in, and try again. It worked immediately.
on August 13, 2015
Use to humidify child's room in winter. I have used several humidifiers over the years. Seems like they only last about a season then don't work the next year. We would get white dust on everything despite trying every suggestion out there. At one point it was so bad with the dust it was clogging the filter on the home furnace causing issues and extra wear with it.

This guy is simple, we use tap water, follow the instructions with chemicals. I was most concerned with having to get chemicals then mess with mixing and so on. It really is not like that at all. Fill the water add a couple drops and done. At the end of the season run the cleaning solution and put it way. I keep a cheap humidity monitor in the room just for reference. This unit was consistent and maintained a good balance. In the long run this a much better unit and lot less cost consider the hassle of yearly replacements.
on January 19, 2018
I was very hopeful when I purchased this, but so far the product has not lived up to my expectations. First, the product offputs a slight plastic odor into the air when it's being used, and I was hoping to avoid this by purchasing an expensive German-made product, rather than something made in China. Also, I purchased the Venta for its humidification properties, not its airwashing properties and I haven't been that impressed by it's ability to humidify a room. I purchased 3 Acurite Humidity Monitors and place them around the room. The starting humidity was 22%, and the humidity after the Venta was running for 12 hours was only 26%, which is too low. I need the rooms to get to at least 35% and apparently this machine can only increase the humidity by 4-5% at at time. I tested it in another room with a humidity base of 30% and in that room the Venta got the humidity up to 35%. So the machine doesn't really do what it's intended too. Both rooms were 200 square feet or less, and I purchased the Venta LW25 which is up to 400 square feet.
33 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 10, 2018
It does humidify fairly well, raises a small room 15% or so overnight. Unfortunately the unit itself is pretty thin and fragile. Our top case cracked after a year of light use. Customer service said the warranty "only covers electrical and mechanical components so the housing would not be covered". For a $300 piece of plastic it would be nice to have better service than that. $60 shipped just for the upper chassis.

Also this unit seems to make our babies cough more vs an ultrasonic. Not sure if it is due to fan blowing towards them or what, but the main reason for purchase was helping them breathe easier during cold and flu season.
on November 3, 2016
Used for 1 winter so far and just fired it up for this year and it started up just fine. This is a solid whole room humidifier and I think it should hold up for several years.

I have radiant heating throughout my house (Denver) which dries out the air very quickly getting the humidity in my house down in the 20% range. I try to keep the house at 30%-35% humidity, especially in the living room due to having a piano. The area this is trying to service is about 800 sq feet, mostly open concept floor plan. At the highest setting on the coldest days when the heat is cranking this will hold that space at 27% - 32%. On milder days when the heat comes on and off throughout the day I can hold 35% at the middle fan setting.

From a noise perspective, it is no louder than an average small fan.

Build quality is great. It doesn't seem to have any parts that will wear out or break over time. I have been a slacker and haven't used any of the recommended cleaning or conditioning solutions. I'll probably do that soon to keep it well maintained.

My only complaint is that at this price point it should have a built in hygrometer that automatically turns the device on/off or better yet raises and lowers fan speed according to the humidity in the room. It would only require a remote sensor that you could place across the room.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.