Top positive review
4 people found this helpful
The best steam mop I have ever owned - hands down!
on December 16, 2013
This is my third steam mop. I'm kind of in love with steam mops - they are easy to use, not cumbersome, and they typically do a great job sanitizing and cleaning my floors. In fact, the deciding factor in buying my house was that it had stone tiles and laminate and I could steam mop them. The other house we were looking at had hardwood floors - steam mop abilities made this decision for me.
I know, I'm weird.
But I digress - I first owned - AND LOVED - a Haan SI-70. It was quiet, slim and knocked out the whole house (at the time, 1100 sq ft) on almost 1 tank. However, it kicked the proverbial bucket within 6 months. So I bought an Oreck Grab-It and Steam-It. It was horrible, clunky and loud. I only used it once and it left streaks all over the house. It had to go.
So, I did more research and settled on the B&D 2-in-1. Plus? I clipped a coupon right off Amazon's site and instantly got $30 off! Thanks, Amazon!
Got this sweet baby in the very next day (OK - so I saved $30 but spent $13 on one-day shipping - I told you I'm steam mop obsessed and wanted to use it asap!).
I used it the day I got it and I was amazed at the amount of steam that this thing produces - it was literally billowing out of the machine. This could be a good or bad thing for you - depending on your steam level preferences. I loved it. You didn't have to push a button to get it out - you just set it at the top and it goes! You can push a button for a steam boost if you are working on a tough spot/stain. I did that a few times.
- This thing is slim - not clunky at all
- The steam billows out freely, no need to push a button
- Detachable tank so you can steam EVERYTHING - I used it to clean the tub and countertops!
- The mop pads got totally clean in the washer - all the nasty dirt came out and they were bright white again
- Settings can easily be changed at the handle
- Steam mop will shut off when you pop it upright so if you have to refill the tank, it won't be steaming your floors within an inch of their life while you get the cup to refill it
- Kinda hard to push around, to be honest - took some of my lacking arm strength
- Detachable tank it awkward to use - there are two buttons to push and it feels weird to push those and them steam and wipe - it could just be my lack of coordination though
- Tank is rather small - I had to refill it three times for two rooms - could be because there was so much steam coming out.
- Tank is not removable - you have to fill it up with a cup. I'm not coordinated and got water all over the floor.
- I used both pads on two rooms in my house - they got FILTHY. They were totally brown and gross. This is a good thing...but pretty ugly for me. Guess my Haan wasn't as awesome as I thought...
I have a toddler and 3 cats - it is very important to keep my floors germ free and super clean. When I first moved into my house - I thought the previous owner must have cleaned her floors with wax because their was a nasty film on the laminate. I've slowly been breaking it down and cleaning it off with my steam mops and this one did the best job of it so far!