Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: A Summoner's Tale: A Dark Vampire Fairy Tale (Knights of Black Swan Book 3)
Your Garage Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

on February 17, 2013
Once again, I have been captured and intrigued by Ms.Danann's story-telling.
This particular passage stuck with me and ,I feel, it gives a glimpse of the type of thought process of the character's you get when reading these books.
'"THINK ABOUT THE UNIVERSE AS BEING A GIANT TAPESTRY. WHEN YOU'RE IN THE BODY, ON THIS SIDE OF LIFE, 'TIS LIKE LOOKIN' AT THE BACK. IT APPEARS A JUMBLED TANGLE OF THREADS AND COLORS AND MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL. BUT, WHEN VIEWED FROM THE OTHER SIDE, 'TIS A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE."'
One of the most wonderful things about Ms.Danann's books ,at least for me, is the fact that even though you are getting a new love story with each book, you are also getting more details of the previous characters. In other words, this is done in an on-going saga. Usually in a series you get one story about one specific couple and sneak-peaks of the previous characters... Not So with Ms.Danann's books. It is like watching your favorite prime-time shows....... I Love This! For me, it is a refreshing way to read a series.
In my humble opinion, A Summoner's Tale is a fantastic continuation. One of my favorite moments ,through out this series, are the interactions between Elora and her dog Blackie. I find myself laughing out-loud when reading Blackie's thoughts. I can almost 'see' Blackie looking at his Mistress and thinking "HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND WOMAN!". Another favorite for me is watching the 'growth' of Glenn's character, who was introduced in The Witches Dream. This is another passage I am about to share....
GLEN'S THOUGHTS: '"There was just something about the fact that Sir Simon had quietly gone about doing what needed doing while trying to shield a young trainee from the harsh reality of The Order's mission and protect his innocence as long as possible. Glen knew he had the ability to do anything he wanted. And what he wanted was to be that kind of man."' This is the type of characters that Ms.Danann provides in her books. They are Intelligent, Strong in Character, Humorous, and Thoughtful in mind and deeds. Even with all their normal and not so normal 'Life's Hang-Up's'!
I honestly can not express how much I enjoy this Author's writing and these beautiful characters of hers. They are truly wonderful and interesting stories that I believe should not be missed.
Thank-you again Ms.Danann for sharing another Intriguing story with us......... All I ask, IS THAT YOU KEEP THEM COMING! :)
66 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2013
Each of Victoria Danann's novels has been just a bit different. However, they all feature a cast of alpha males and strong independent females. These definitely need to be read in order so that you understand the group dynamics which start with My Familiar Stranger. The Summoner's Tale is a more introspective and thoughtful story than the first two. While the first two are more light-hearted and fun, this tends to the darker as it deals with Baka's story. It also shows the group dynamics in response to different serious situations.

One of the hallmarks of a great story to me is if I want to know what happens to the characters after the end of the book. This series gives you the chance to follow their stories! I look forward to see what the next book brings.
on February 7, 2013
I received an ARC of A Summoner's Tale for review. Like the first two books in the series there is a strong story line, amazing character development and great timing that keeps the story moving at a perfect pace... IF you don't have to put the book down at any point during your day that is! There is action/adventure, love/romance (and some heartbreak), vampires, elves, werewolves and demons (Oh my!) a gorgeous smart and brave dog and a wolf pack. The locations are so beautifully described you feel like you are there. From book one where you meet all the characters and get the story started, through book two where we meet new characters and get to visit characters we already love and into book three you get so tangled up in the characters lives and, in my case, finally let one character into your heart. It's a magical ride that just keeps getting better and better!
*I received an advance copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
on February 18, 2013
A Summoner's Tale - The Vampire's Confessor (Black Swan 3)
I loved this story. One reviewer thought that there was too much back story. But that is what I love about this series. You get to really know and connect with these characters. Yes there is action but the stories are about the relationships. I even like getting to know the different personalities of the wolves. I knew that Baka's story would be good and it was. I had to laugh out loud about how he impacted the literary and music greats of the world. I am also pleased that my two favorite characters Alora and Ram are prominent in all the books. I am hoping for a long series.
on February 13, 2013
This enjoyable book is just as well written as the first two in the series with perhaps the exception of being a little slow in the middle of the story. Reading a part of a story written by a character in the book seemed a little weird though it ties in with the story and if you're on your toes, you'll catch on sooner than I did. It is well worth reading the entire series. While the ending wraps things up, there is plenty to write about in follow up books.
on February 18, 2013
A Summoner's Tale is the third book in The Order of The Black Swan Series and takes place soon after The Witch's Dream.

When I started reading the book I was absolutely thrilled. If you have read my review of The Witch's Dream you will know I have a soft spot for Baka. After I began reading I was so happy to see that he would have a larger role in this story. The reader got a huge glimpse into the man he was, the vampire he became, and the man he is today. I don't want to spoil anything for readers, but I will say that I found many touching moments in his story. It isn't only Baka that I got to revisit; all of my favorites were back.

I'm not sure that I can really describe Danann's writing style and give it justice. In most series it is set up in such a way that you meet all of the characters in the first book, and then each subsequent book is dedicated mostly to one main character. In Danann's books a character or two may have a bit more of the spotlight, but the reader is able to follow the stories of all the characters. The books unfoldslike a good T.V. series or soap opera. I love this about her storytelling, because I don't feel like I lose the connection with any of the characters that I have grown so fond of. I also enjoy her descriptiveness and her way with words. I am always drawn in right from the start, and I am fully into the story until the very last word.

The Order of the Black Swan is quickly becoming one of those series that I wait with anticipation for the next novel to release. A Summoner's Tale did not disappoint, in fact it could very well be my favorite so far. Danann is really onto something with this spicy, entertaining and exciting series!

**Reviewed by Teresa D. for VampireRomanceBooks.com**
on February 15, 2013
What can I say? How can any book get better! Wonderful series and this books does the series justice. Loved it! And I mean LOVED it! You fall in love with all the characters again, Elora, Ram, Storm, Baka, Litha, Blackie, and now Heaven. Oh my! It is a page turner with twists and turns and everything that makes a book fantastic! Must read!
on June 9, 2013
This is the loveliest of the series so far. Again I feel like I am reading a fairy tale but certainly a grown up one. The characters are so likeable even when they have to do things that are questionable. They are always concerned with the good of all and loyal to the utmost degree. The book may have paranormal characters but the friendships that form are universal - this is 'The Three Muskateers' and all they stand for in a different genre.

I love what is done with our favourite vampire character as he deserves it and yet he was the worst of the bad guys. However given the opportunity he chose his side and this is what people do. We have to be careful about judging.

Elora is her usual impulsive self but when the problems arise she once again proves she can look after herself and that she has the love of a wonderful group of people that would never give up.

I am falling more and more under the spell of this author. She reminds that nice really is nice. She reminds us goodness does have rewards. I love it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon February 15, 2013
I have previously read books one and two in the series, and truly didn't see just where Victoria Danann could take this story, or if it would be as enjoyable. I am thoroughly relieved to say that this book doesn't miss a beat, picking up shortly after the end of The Witch's Dream, and giving us glimpses into the lives of characters we know so well. The plot does not stagnate one bit, even with all of the changes to the Bad Company of the Order, and the introduction of new characters, and the deeper exploration of secondary characters was all managed with Danann's usual flair for description and playing with the reader's emotions. Introducing characters with skills and talents previously unseen in the earlier books, the history of vampire and the Order are all detailed as characters and reader alike are brought up to speed with information necessary to the current story and conflict.

As multiple stories are seemingly unrelated, each brings with it a new dimension that begins to form a pattern that slowly leads all players to one key game, one final showdown to succeed and emerge intact. It is the chase to the end, the multiple and variant tensions, the characters that have become your friends, your heroes and your entertainment keep you reading long past bedtime and into the night - for you need to know how it all ends. A gripping read that will please fans of the series, and is best enjoyed after reading books one and two. Completely worth the time and sleepless nights - and now I am left to wonder impatiently what will happen in the proposed book four.

I received an eBook copy for purpose of honest review. I was not compensated for this review - and all conclusions are my own responsibility.
on February 14, 2013
First I have to say that I am truly impressed by this book. I love the paranormal world but I love it more when we have all the characters of a paranormal world. I have also say that I am an absolute moron and should have read the first two books because I would have had the background on the characters instead of wondering some of the things I did. I have to say that even though I did not read the first two books this world that Victoria has created totally took me by storm and I loved every minute of it.

This book is Baka's story and it has everything from fast action to romance to friendships being formed to adventure. The flow of the story was just right and the romance I loved. I love when a romance is not rushed but builds slowly and all the chemistry is there and the couple is a happy couple with issues they work out. The adventure parts where totally epic! I love a story that is fast paced but has lot's of descriptions so I feel like I am right there with character and this story has it all! Plus let us not forget it has demon's, vampires and wolves and other supernatural beings in it that just makes the story flow smoothly!

Read this series because it is a MUST READ series for all paranormal lovers out there!

Happy Valentines Day and enjoy the love in the air!
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse