Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Color: White|Change

Showing 1-10 of 13 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 13 reviews
on June 5, 2014
I have had this in use for about a week. When I first turned it on it was in the theater room in my basement. The total size of the basement is around 600 sq ft and the theater room is about half the space. The humidity reading was about 65% when it started and it quickly got it below 50% and after about a day it hovers around 45%.

It is quieter than my last humidifier and is similar in volume to an oscillating room fan. It is noticeable but not distracting. I am using the drain connection which is working great draining into a floor drain.

I recently moved it around the corner into a utility area and it seems to be effective at lowering humidity in the theater area from the new location.

The overall construction is good but the internal bucket for collecting water is small and I personally wouldn't want to use it since it would likely need to be dumped frequently. That is not unique to this unit, it is a common problem.

I would recommend this item.

Update August 27 2014. Still works great. Couldn't imagine the summer in the basement without it. Quiet and much cooler in the basement with it in place. I don't even think about it since it is connected to the floor drain.
on February 1, 2016
First of all, I believe that most of these dehumidifiers are made by the same company. Prior to this, I had a different brand I bought from Home Depot, and other than the name on it, it was virtually identical.

Performance: The instructions say to run it for 24 hours straight when you first get it. I woke up and noticed that it had shut off. I thought it broke, but the bucket was already full after running for less than 12 hours. That tells me two things: It pulls the moisture out of the air quite well, and, the bucket is relatively small. That being said, while running it in "normal" mode, the bucket doesn't fill up all that quickly. That may change when I get to the more humid summer months.

Cost: Over a period of several days, I had it run for half the time I was away at work, and shut off for half the time. My electric company gives me an hourly breakdown of energy, so it was very easy to see what the usage was. For each hour it was on, it used 190 watts (.19 KWH). Here in Southern California, that comes out to a bit over 3 cents an hour. Multiply that by 24 hours a day and 30 days in a month, it costs about $22 in electricity each month. I expect that to be higher in the humid months as the compressor will run more.

Some have asked if the fan shuts off when the desired humidity is reached. My answer is: Sometimes. I've gone into the area where it runs, and sometimes the fan will be off. Other times, the fan will be on, and the humidity is 5-10% below what I have it set for. During those times, the compressor is not on.

Finally, these notoriously break after 13-18 months of use and need to be replaced (the warranty is 12 months). I bought 2 more years of warranty protection for about $15. I think that's a bargain.
on August 6, 2014
We love our new dehumidifier . It really does a good job pulling the water from the air.I like the features on top that tell you the percentage of humidity and when it is full . We haven't had to clean the filter yet , but it's coming on 2 wks. Of use since new so it should be soon . My only gripe is its not quiet like the other reviews said. It sounds like a small refrigerator running.
on August 11, 2015
Wish I had got the next bigger size, this has a very small tank, would require emptying 2-3 times a day. I ended up using the continuous drain option, had to drill a hole thru the wall so I could run the hose to to laundry room floor drain.
on October 2, 2014
Defective, 2 units all received without the special small screws needed to hook up for continuous drainage. The 3rd unit isn't out of the box yet.
Water buckets are small and need to be emptied several times a day, even though units are much bigger than advised for the spaces and degrees of dampness.
Units seems efficient, moderately noisy.
We've looked in the boxes zillions of times, and the screws are not attached to the manuals or anywhere.
on July 30, 2017
This item was delivered on time and was exactly what I was expecting. I found the installation to be easy and like how quietly it runs. So far I am quite pleased
on November 10, 2015
Easy to set desired humidity level (or run continuously). Easy to empty. Using it in a 500 sq ft basement and it has worked well.
on August 16, 2014
Great dehumidifier. Works well and it's easy to empty because it's not too heavy. I plan on buying a second one for our home and recommend it to others.
on August 31, 2015
good
on October 17, 2014
It is much quieter than previous two Kenmores.