Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Style Name: Carpet & Hard Floor Cleaner|Change

Showing 1-10 of 563 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 727 reviews
on May 28, 2015
I LOVE this Shark Sonic Duo Carpet and Hard Floor Cleaner. I had paid a professional carpet cleaning company to come and try to clean the heavy traffic areas in my bedroom ... $70.00 later it was no cleaner than it was before. I was just about to call a contractor to come and give me an estimate on ripping out the carpet and put in tiles, when my sister-in-law told me how much she loved her Shark Sonic Duo. So I thought I'd give it a try. I already have two shark (hardwood) floor cleaners and I really love them too. Anyway, I'm sorry that I didn't take *before* pictures of just how horrible the carpets looked ... a really dark grey color along the path to the washroom. This is one of the best purchases I've made in a long, long time. I was really skeptical but truly, it worked wonderfully. I did a bit of an experiment which I will show in the picture below (if amazon allows me to post it).

Section A: Was the dirtiest and it ended up coming out the cleanest. In this section I used the Shark Sonic Duo and the Shark carpet solution (that came with the cleaner).
Section B: I had a brand new can of carpet cleaner (spray then vacuum when dry) solution from the Dollar Store. I wanted to compare the difference between the Shark solution and the less expensive alternative. I just sprayed lots on and left it (no scrubbing).
Section C: I used the Dollar Store spray again, but this time I used the Shark Duo to scrub it in. It came out a lot better than B but no where near as good as A.

So the clear winner for me was using the Shark Sonic Due machine and the Shark carpet cleaning solution.

I also really liked the way it made my white ceramic floor tiles look. I am soooo happy with this item and I'm so impressed with the solutions.

I highly recommend this item.
review image
0Comment| 100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2014
Let me start with we have 5 dogs, the carpet that the Sonic Duo was used on is over 9 years old and gets 20 dirty paws (coming in from outside) across it at least 6 times a day and that doesn't include the time they are on it playing or napping. I have a high end extractor that I have used to try to keep the carpet clean, but it is heavy and will wear you out. I saw this unit on an infomercial and debated purchasing it. I read every review I could find and the reviews seemed mixed. Those that like it loved it, those that didn't seemed to really not like it. But there were more likes than dislikes so I decided to give it a try. Something had to remove some of the stains, ground in dirt and anything else that might be on the carpet. I vacuumed the floor and followed the directions exactly (they were in my hand when I was using it) and I was shocked at the results. The carpet is worn (it is in a VERY high traffic area) but it revived it. The extractor has always seemed to make the carpet look worse, almost like the scrubbers were making the wear worse. This didn't in fact it made it looked much less worn. The color which had been dull and dingy looks almost like the carpet that is not in the traffic pattern (you know under the furniture, against the wall, etc.). I was amazed at the results! Not only did it clean the carpet of the dirt, but it brought up imbedded dog hair that the vacuum cleaner hadn't gotten (I don't have a cheap vacuum either, I use a Miele Capricorn because of the dogs) The carpet was dry in less than 2 hours and when I vacuumed again after the carpet had dried I was stunned by the results. I can't wait to use it again in a week or so (per the recommendations). The room smells clean, the carpet feels clean and soft, I have kept the dogs in another part of the house all afternoon because I just wanted to enjoy how the carpet looked...at least for a little while. Granted this is only the first use but I am really excited by the results I received on the initial use.
11 comment| 338 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 20, 2013
Shark really got it right with this little machine! I'm a new home owner and I have older linoleum in my kitchen and an older carpet in my basement. Even after mopping my floors in the kitchen, there was a layer of dirt that just wouldn't come off. They never looked clean! I have a Bissell carpet cleaner that I love but because the carpet in the basement has no padding and is very flat, the Bissell didn't work at all to clean the spots. I did a lot of research prior to buying this and I was still a little skeptical about the ability to clean carpets since it doesn't suck up the dirt. I bought it anyways because I figured it would help with the linoleum and if it worked on carpets it would be a bonus. I've never been more surprised in my life!! This little machine does every thing it promised. My linoleum sparkles and the crevice tool that's included means no more gunk left behind in the corners! As I was using it on the old carpet in the basement, it looked just like a commercial! You could see the line between the carpet I just cleaned and the part I hadn't done yet. It's amazing! It's light weight and just glides over the floors as it does all the hard work for you. I've never had so much fun cleaning before!
on September 6, 2017
The Shark Duo actually surpassed my expectations. I have only used it on carpet and you could actually see the difference when the carpet dried and was vacuumed. The unit is light weight and quit manageable even though it has a very slight tendency to want to want to turn right. I used this on the carpeted stairs and it was the best tool I have used on the stairs (vs. Little Green Machine). I think the scrubbing action does the trick more than any other carpet cleaning machine I have ever used. I used the cleaning solution that came with the product at maximum strength but I found out that the replacement cleaning solution is already mixed at a pre-determined strength. The new solution mixture worked fine. The unit is quiet and the dual headlight really help. The spray function does covers a proper area for the width of the machine. Over all, I am impressed and very satisfied with this product.
on October 4, 2015
Bought this to replace my Hover SteamVac which gave out after much use. It is very easy to use and the carpet dried quickly. But, even after pretreatment, the old pet stains weren't completely removed and came back through in less than two weeks after cleaning. I'm going to try again and hope for better results. The only saving grace is that I got this at a good price, but still a disappointment.
on August 27, 2016
This is good for a light everyday scrubbing NOT a deep down clean. Was hoping this would clean my tile grout -- didn't touch it - the tile looks good, but the grout... not so much. :/ Looks like I need to get an orbiter for that. So bummed because I LOVE SHARK products and was hoping this was an answer for both my carpet and tile.
on July 7, 2016
I purchased this to clean my laminate floor and it does a great job!

A couple of caveats:

* the hard floor cleaning pads have one side with a rougher pad. I was concerned about using this on my floor and so I cut the two hard floor cleaning pads into two separate pieces. I am only using the softer pieces on my floor.

* I have not tried the included cleaning solution - I am using the Bona hard floor cleaner that I was already using before I purchased this cleaner.

It takes me a while to clean the whole downstairs floor but the Sonic Duo makes the process faster and much more effective. I have not used this on my carpets at all.
on February 15, 2015
It works well and came with pads and bottles of cleaner! I have two dogs. One of my dogs happens to think the hallway carpet is her bathroom so I was anxious to try this! When I used it on the carpet it didn't seem to get deep down in the carpet fibers like when I rent a Rug Doctor cleaner. The cleaners all smell great, but I wish it would get down and deep into the fibers. I don't have terribly thick carpet such as shag or anything to that nature. It worked great on my rugs, linoleum, and hardwood floors however!
review image
on November 9, 2016
I am picky about clean! I have tried a lot of different floor cleaners. A PVA mop is best, hands down, especially for tile but it is hard work to use it. This is the next best thing. So easy to use and actually scrubs the floor! Gets it just about as clean as my PVA mop. I love this tool. I can effortlessly clean 2000sqft of tile in about 15 minutes. It also cleans rugs! Does a decent job.
on December 7, 2014
This is the quickest and easiest way to clean carpets I have ever seen. Few home cleaning products work as advertised but this one dose. I have a SHARK vacuum so the word great was expected to describe another shark product but even I was pleasantly surprised by its complete ease of use. It runs smoothly over carpet and hard floor with its constant scrubbing action. The swivel head works great allowing me to make sharp turns and get in and out of any spot the scrubbing head will fit. I was most skeptical with its use on hard floors as I felt it would be more trouble to set up than it would be worth, I was very wrong. I works like a Swiffer on steroids getting my kitchen and bathroom floors spotless not to mention cleaning away years of grime I didn't realize was there.