Truck Reviews HPC Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

CounterArt Flexible Cutting Mat with Food Icons, Set of 4
Package Quantity: 1|Size: Set of 4|Change

on July 7, 2015
I'm disappointed in these cutting mats. Unless you are using a butter knife you will cut right through these. I thought they seemed flimsy when they arrived but hoped they would be tougher than they looked. Not the case. The first time I used one I noticed deep knife marks and it didn't take long to cut all the way through. Since there are four, one for veggies, beef, poultry and fish, I thought it would stand up to sharp knives.

The flexibility is nice but other than that it was a waste of money. Bummer.
review image
132 people found this helpful
|66 comments|Report abuse
on March 18, 2016
They morph after some use, so they are a bother at times. They are super thin and flimsy. We cook a lot but only use them for messy fruits like tomatoes or a place-mat to transfer raw meats and/or chopped vegetables. We have yet to cut through them but are usually careful. They aren't useless but there are better options out there. Hand washing would be best for these cutting mats, and may preserve their shape for longer.
review image
17 people found this helpful
on June 14, 2016
I'm really lazy writing reviews and I hardly ever write one... But, if I am not satisfied I sure will write a review because, myself and most of us only depends/rely on what the consumers has to say.
This flexible cutting board are so thin! It looks like a place mat!! I should have just gotten one at the dollar store if I only knew how thin this would be!
I gave one star cz the only thing I like here is the tiny little graphics of what to use when cutting meat, fish, poultry and vegetables. Please don't waste your money, it's not worth it for the price.
5 people found this helpful
Top Contributor: Petson December 4, 2014
I am digging these cutting mats. I have had them for a while now and I use them a lot. I put them in the bottom rack of the dishwasher and they always come out nice. I can chop up heck of stuff and then fold the mat to dump said stuff into a pot or pan. I like the little icons telling me what mat to use with what and I appreciate having a nice 4 pack of them on days when I am cooking up a storm. The price isn't too bad, they have lasted me a while so far and I might buy another set. I even used one to roll out some dough and even though all knife cuts affect the mat, with enough flour it was still do-able. I have sharp knives and I cut hard but I have not had a single one cut all the way through. Just tons and tons of knife marks that I do not care about since I am not ruining my good boards. If you have trouble with the mats curling up when you put them in the dishwasher, you can fix this by putting them in between more sturdy cutting boards when storing them. I do this and when I go to get them out, they are mostly flat again. If they start slipping on the counter, I put a little water under them and they stick. I also like that I can just flip it over to cut more stuff if i don't want to rinse it off right away. They now have knife marks on both sides.
6 people found this helpful
on January 4, 2018
I've owned these cutting mats for around 3 years or so and they have really held up well and are still going strong! I really like that they are colored and have little symbols in the corners indicating what the mat is being used for; whether it's meat, fish, veggies, etc. This makes it easy to avoid dangerous cross contamination in your kitchen. As someone that cooks frequently I like not having to think about what I've been cutting or where; all I have to do is glance at the cutting mat and I know what's safe and what isn't.

Pros:
Dishwasher safe.
Color coded to easily avoid cross contamination.
Tough; but thin enough that I don't feel food has become embedded in the cuts I've made into the mat.
Flexible; I can easily roll the sides up and dump veggies into a pan/pot/dish straight from the cutting mat without having to scrape em off with a kitchen knife or utensil.

Cons:
The years of heat exposure from the dishwasher has made them a little floppy, but it isn't something I haven't solved by storing other heavy cutting boards on top of them so they can straighten out again.

I would recommend this product to anymore and I will be buying these again when they finally kick the can.
on September 23, 2016
I hate to leave not good reviews, but I want to be honest. Beside the fact that they are pretty - there is nothing to say more. The are nice but totally not durable. One already ended up in a trash with holes. Soon rest will go there. Even after cutting greens you can see a lot of knife tracks on it and each time they become deeper. Once holes will appear - they will ended up in trash.
The one which is already in a trash went there because I was using it for chicken-fried-steak. And I was not beating meat hard at all. I will have to find something more durable.
Sorry guys.
2 people found this helpful
on January 15, 2017
They look cute, and seem like they would do the job well, but after using them for months I am not a fan.

First off, I don't have a dishwasher, and they are difficult to wash by hand. Large, bulky and flimsy. Very awkward to scrub.

Secondly, I only use two of them. I don't process nearly as much meat as I thought i did. Most of the time i just use the green one to chop vegetables.

Lastly, I haven't torn through the green one yet, but it feels like i am getting close. my chefs knife is serrated, and the cutting mat has a lot of deep grooves that almost go through.

On the plus side they look cute, and brighten up the kitchen.
One person found this helpful
on July 27, 2014
Fantastic for the money. These don't seem to absorb any residue or discharge (sorry, gross word but I couldn't think of a better one). I have a separate, dedicated cutting board for meat, but I've gotten lazy and use these instead. In fact, since they bend so well it's much easier to submerge them in piping hot water, which makes me feel more confident that they are free of raw meat...discharge (sorry, sorry again). These won't last forever but no cutting boards do, so I decided to buy less expensive ones since I'll replace them in a few years anyway. (Sorry, Earth.) But: do NOT use them to transport food one-handed from your cutting space to the stove. These are very thin and bend easily, and even when I think I've got the board in a secure position with my hand it will give out at some point. To be clear, if you're carrying the board with two hands you'll be fine unless you have a seizure or something. I have no problems carrying garlic, ginger, diced hot peppers or anything else up to a cup of food with one hand, but something like a pound of carrots I'll swipe into a bowl to take to the stove. For the price though, that one extra step is just fine with me.
2 people found this helpful
on July 20, 2016
I had high hopes for these, as I had nought similar ones on a whim at a local $1 store for a disposable mat for a cooking class. Those lasted forever! THESE however, lasted one use. While I like the colors, the quality as a cutting mat is terrible. The first time I used them, the knife sliced right through the mats. When I washed the mats, they rolled and warped just from hot sink water (so definitely don't put in the dishwasher!) I recently bought the thicker mats in a 2 pack at a certain large Swedish store that starts with "I" and ends with "kea". They were a much better buy and have been doing awesome so far. I wouldn't recommend these 4 mats from Counter Art on Amazon.
One person found this helpful
on January 1, 2018
Handy to keep from slicing grooves into your counter or table top. Could also be written on with a Sharpie as miniature signs but that doesn't really seem like a good use for them. They will get cuts and scratches into their surfaces but better than your table or counter. But, if you're going for the "distressed" look in your kitchen you might not want these. They work. We use them. They're plastic. Each one is marked for the different things that can be cut but you are limited to only carrots, chicken, cow, and fish (not sure of what species of fish but it kind of looks like tuna).