Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cool Shield No Allergy Waterproof Mattress Protector - Breathable Terry Cover Protects Against Dust Mites, Allergens, Bacteria, Mold and Fluids - See Reviews - Machine Washable Mattress Protector - Best 10-yr Guarantee - Size: Queen (60 in x 80 in)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on June 4, 2013
Our son is almost three and my wife and I let him climb into bed with us on Sunday mornings when we sleep in. He's fully potty trained but two months ago he had an accident and we tried everything to clean it but ended up throwing out our king sized mattress. I tried this product out when we bought a new bed in case of another accident. I didn't want any of the vinyl ones that make noise and get hot and uncomfortable. Well, it wasn't our son but our new puppy got upstairs and had an accident! I thought we were in for another mattress but the Cool Shield cover worked perfect!!! Zero leaking through to the mattress, washed out like new in the washing machine, and is so thin and cool you don't even know its there. 100% recommend it to any family with young children or pets. GREAT PRODUCT!!!
11 comment| 212 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2013
A week ago I placed the Cool Shield mattress cover over a Stearns & Foster mattress topped with a Tempur-pedic topper. I picked it for the breathable terry cover that protects both the topper and the mattress -- each a considerable investment. During this hot weather, it is cooler than the Tempur-pedic topper.

I notice only the tiniest difference in suppleness of the Tempur-pedic topper. Had I not slept on my bed prior to adding the mattress cover, were I not a princess-and-the-pea kind of sleeper, and had I not selected the Cool Shield cover and covered my bed set-up myself, I would never have noticed. Actually, I like the ever-so-slight firmness it adds to the topper. I washed the cover prior to placing on the bed, so I know that it washes well. I rest easier knowing that this highly rated product, with a 10-years guarantee, is protecting my topper and mattress from my cats and me (I often eat in bed!).
22 comments| 182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 25, 2013
We have a memory foam mattress that holds body heat and tends to create some hot sleepless nights. Since we put this on our bed we no longer have the ceiling fan over our bed running all night. It truly keeps the bed cooler and more comfortable.
11 comment| 263 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2013
This mattress protector is everything the ad claimed it would be. My husband always sweats at night, and with this cool shield protector, he doesn't sweat AT ALL. It's unbelievable! And it really is waterproof! We love it and would highly recommend this mattress protector.
22 comments| 97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2014
I recently bought the "Cool Shield Mattress Protector" to protect my Sleep Number Bed. The major selling points were that it is waterproof, hypoallergenic, will protect your bed from dust mites; all, while keeping you cool.
The product does not work as described. This waterproof mattress protector is not a "cool shield." The "water proof" bottom layer of the mattress protector is a heat magnet. It actually causes you to sweat , and the terry cloth covering is so thin that it does not absorb the sweat from your body. All the fluid ends up on your body. So, all the "fluid-proof technology" did was ensure that I had to get up in the night, change my night clothes, remove the mattress pad, and toss & turn trying to get back to sleep. The pad was not breathable, as stated. It was awful. After one night on this mattress protector, I wanted my money back.
It boasts a 10 year warranty, but you must notify the company within 7 days of noticing a problem. I could find no way to call the company. I went to their website and to find out how to get an authorization number to return the product. Under the "contact us" tab, there was only a survey -- no information on how to return a product that did not do what it was supposed to do. So, although the product claims to have a 10 year warranty, I felt stymied. Luckily, Amazon refunded my money.
33 comments| 143 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2013
After owning this for about 4 months, finally and unfortunately had the opportunity to see if it worked. My cat had an accident on the bed. I woke up in the morning to find the comforter and sheets, and mattress pad soaked, but the mattress was bone dry! I am ordering two more today for my other beds. It was a lifesaver.
on August 19, 2013
There is nothing I don't like about this product. It doesn't make me hot and there are no crinklin noises when I move.Great for the price
on June 16, 2014
This mattress protector fits well and it's durable. But it is NOT cool. Quite the opposite. At first, it feels
cool, but then it heats up quickly and traps the heat. Totally NOT cool at all.
on March 6, 2014
I bought this for my big expensive mattress because I still have a few little ones who crawl into my bed in the middle of the night and I didn't want to take any chances on my mattress getting ruined by a night time accident. Well, here I am at 330 in the morning about to cry because one of my kids had an accident in my bed and when I pulled the mattress "protector" off there, to my horror, was moisture right on the mattress. If children or pet stains aren't a concern for you then this will suffice to keep basic dust/dirt off the mattress and it is soft and flexible without that crinkly noise or sticky vinyl feel. But if you are concerned about moisture then don't bother with this.
55 comments| 59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2014
my 2& in half year old is potty trained but had an accident in my bed in my brand new mattress. I was upset to find that it went through the mattress cover. I'm very disappointed that this product didn't work as it says water proof. I wouldn't buy this product again or recommend it it is nice to sleep on the whole point of a mattress covers to protect your mattress and this does not clearly protect your mattress