Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,580 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,627 reviews
on June 23, 2014
I am a big person (over 220 lbs) and I was skeptical if this cushion would hold its shape. I thought the gel layer might help since I had used a gel seat cushion before. My 100% gel seat cushion did hold its shape well but it was quite heavy for a cushion and didn't have as much give as my old foam seat cushions which I liked but had to be replaced often. After trying this travelmate seat cushion for two weeks, I think I have found the winner. It is very comfortable to sit on for 8+ hours daily.

Update: six months after my initial purchase it has still worked as advertised and retained its shape. I may add that the cushions I used to have cost considerably more yet didn't perform as well as this seat cushion. I like it so much that I have bought another one for my home office.
22 comments| 381 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2015
This cushion has been a butt-saver for me! I work from home and am on the computer for most of the day. I was starting to get really uncomfortable in my desk chair, and with a 2,000-mile roundtrip car ride ahead of me, I certainly wasn't excited over how much sitting I'd be doing in the upcoming weeks. So I looked around Amazon and came across this cushion. The gel material interested me, so I decided to give it a shot. I'm so glad I did! After almost a month of solid 10-12 hour days sitting on this cushion plus the aforementioned road trip, it has yet to lose its form or flatten in any way. I can sit incredibly comfortably while I work and I haven't experienced any leg tingling or numbness since I started using this product. I'm VERY happy and I hope this cushion lasts for a long time to come.
on June 25, 2015
Product is great. I'm not a very heavy guy (5'7" 155lbs) and I have a great chair to start with. However, living in Hawaii things can get hot, quickly. This wonderful butt cushion helps keep me comfortable on my days off when I spend most of my time at home on the computer, not to mention beyond the 6-8 hour marker (which is where my chair is supposed to be rated for) my butt has stopped hurting!

So, yes this is doing it's job quite well.

NOTE: This is not quite as soft as I had first thought. While comfortable, do not expect a plush cuddly cushion, thing is built thick and reasonably firm, I expect it to last a few years at least.
on August 22, 2017
This coccyx cushion was much too tall and too firm for my liking. While the small cutout in the back did relieve pressure on my coccyx, it was painful to my spine. I'd originally purchased it because of the "TravelMate" name and the handle, both of which seemed to imply it would be easy for travel. As soon as it arrived I could see that it would seat me much too tall in an airplane seat, and would be very bulky to haul around for travel.

I'm going to stick with my Aylio Coccyx Seat Cushion | Back Support, Tailbone and Sciatica Pain Relief, Washable Cover for my desk and purchase a second Aylio Coccyx Seat Cushion for travel; the Aylio has a much larger opening in the back for coccyx relief.
on December 3, 2016
I have some very painful lower back disk issues and this cushion helps somewhat, when I have to sit for long stretches of time. It relieves some of the pressure and helps make sitting bearable. It has a very distinct odor (sort of like wet sawdust) that clings to your clothes for a short time. I have not tried washing the cover because I am worried that it might shrink. This cushion is good for wide seats. It is too large for normal folding chairs. It has straps to make carrying it easy but I would not recommend it for public transportation as it can be cumbersome.

on April 12, 2015
It was ok. I used it on a trip to europe.it made me taller than usual so it was a pain because the fold down tray wouldn't fold down very well. The cushion was meh. I'm sure it will stand up for a long time. ..like a couch that is stiff at first. ..just not that Comfortable...but maybe a comfortable one wouldn't last. Anyway I did not use it on the way home and was ok.
on July 24, 2016
I lost around 100 lbs and sitting even in well cushioned seats hurts my tailbone after a couple of hours. I am around 190 lbs now and this does not compress flat like most other foam cushions. Significant support. Similar to a car seat foam, without the springs or under support.

The tailbone cutout really could be larger. It's not very generous and can be hard to position perfectly. Gel layer does add a cooling effect when room is cool, but not when warm. So it can actually have a chilling effect when the room is cold.

I didn't expect much from the gel layer, I just wanted a dense foam that would not compress to nothing. So this does offer support - but it is not perfect. Being so dense, it can cut off circulation in the lower thigh over long periods. Hoping this might change with a break-in period. It has conformed areas for the thighs but they could taper off more to be more comfortable.

Overall a quality product, but not perfect for me. It can be fatiguing because of how dense it is. Other cushions compress to nothing. I need something in the middle.
on July 4, 2016
We needed a cushion, to provide comfort and some pain relief when sitting, for someone with a severely herniated disc in their lumbar spine. There are so many different styles of seat cushions for people with lower back pain, it was hard to decide which one to order. We eventually decided on this TravelMate and have been very, very happy with it. The "cut out" area in the back does exactly what it says: provides relief and pressure for the end of the spine when sitting. The cushion is thick and hasn't "flattened" out or lost it's shape despite daily use. The carry handle is a huge plus, the user takes this seat cushion everywhere - in the car, to restaurants, on a plane, everywhere - and despite being so thick it's very light to carry. The cover is a dull grey, which is ok because there hasn't been any issues with it looking used or attracting dirt despite daily use. It's a sturdy cover, almost like cloth chair upholstery. Highly recommend this seat cushion for anyone with lower back herniated discs.
on November 30, 2016
I've tried a lot of these coccyx pillows and this one is the best. Firm, without being hard, and the gel gives a good amount of squish; it's also large enough to cover an office chair without hanging over the edge and is much more comfortable for me than the smaller one like this. And it folds in half for travel or storage. Recommended!
on January 16, 2016
The TravelMate Coccyx Ortho gel is a well made seat cushion. The gel layer is thin though. The pillow was already creasing after a week so time will tell. Otherwise I have used this in bed, car and at my desk. It's firm and comfortable, and supports my lower back without touching the coccyx area. The cover is a crushed poly type that easily picks up lint though, I may sew another cover for it, otherwise it is holding up nicely. We have a large person in the house and they fit on it just fine. It's a very decent pillow for the price. I would recommend it to anyone not wanting to spend a tremendous amount and I would purchase it again.