Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Assassins Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 150 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 247 reviews
on September 20, 2016
I purchased these plugs, because; the specifications indicated a high amperage, and because it was advertised as being "Amazon Echo compatible." When I received them earlier in the year; I was pissed off, because the only way to interface them with Alexa was through IFTTT.

Imagine, having to constantly "Trigger" things On and Off. Not only is it "just ain't natural English," but in the back of my mind; I was just waiting for the first police related shooting to occur, when someone would shout "Trigger!"

Today, I just noticed that these things have ***FINALLY*** been added to Alexa as a "real, Honest to goodness," Smart Home Skill.

Hallelujah!
on February 21, 2017
I received an Amazon Alexa for Christmas.
So aside from asking her about weather and to play random music..
I bought a smart plug. Installation wasn't too difficult, it was a bit of a hassle here & there getting the app to cooperate on my Nexus 7 tablet, but it eventually all came together in about 15minutes. So now I can ask Alexa to turn my lamp on or off.
It's actually pretty helpful when I come home to a dark house, I can yell out to Alexa to turn on the lamp and 2 seconds later, it's on!

I'm pretty impressed and happy with the D-Link brand in general.
on February 23, 2017
Works for the most part with Alexa, sometimes disconnects for what seems like no reason though it doesn't happen that often. I think it's either an update or something like that.
Impressive with the Dot.
Hooked 5 up at Christmas and when I told Alexa to put on the Christmas lights, bam they all came on.
Magic
on May 21, 2017
Tried to set up another wifi plug but it will NOT connect to my wifi. The first one I did months ago worked after attempting to connect it for about week. To date it is still working fine. It is so frustrating! Per the instructions it should be fairly simple. Tried using the QR code but my phone just kept scanning it over and over!!! Tried to connect manually. I could get the light to blink green but finally gave up after trying over 10 times!!

I have gone back and reviewed the instructions almost every time thinking perhaps I missed a step. Don't think I missed any step either by WPS or Manual! Don't know what step I will take next. I have one more D-Link plug I will try today. If that one doesn't work I've just wasted money!!
on December 24, 2016
Simple, solid, and reliable. Been using its big brothers from d-link for a couple of years. bought these cheaper versions for my tv and projector. Would have given it a 5 if it weren't for annoyance during setup tht I easily resolved myself.
on December 31, 2016
The price for smart plugs has come down over the past 12 months. We primarily use dlink for home cameras and the quality is great. Their smart plugs are no different, they pair quickly with our home wifi, they update when necessary and they are reliable. They also work great with Alexa, no issues controlling them once they're added to the "app" with a name. Great product.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 5, 2015
This my first item that I have returned to Amazon (which was an exceptionaly easy task, I was impressed with Amazon's return proceedures). I spent 3 days trying to get it to work. The online manual was not in PDF so It was no help. The time would start at the time I set but would go off at a time that had nothing to do with the setting I had set. I cleared it several time and started from scratch with no success. If I unpluged it (simulating the electricity going off) it would not reconnect to the internet which would mean it would be useless and could not be used while vacation. I have since purchased a digital timer that does not connect to the Internet and the new one is working fine.
on May 23, 2017
So far working great. Usuin it to power an in wall AC in my daughter's room. Was easy to setup. Router found it 123 by using the wps button. I even updated the firmware to 2.04 against my better judgement after reading all the horror stories. My guess is the firmware issues were resolved as the bad reviews seem like they are from 2016.

I integrated this with Alexa through IFTTT and set an on off program through the D-Link app itself. No complaints yet.
on February 1, 2017
Don't you think it would make sense that coupling this smart plug with a D-Link DCH-S150 Smart Motion Sensor would enable the owner to set up a motion sensor light? You know, walk into a room and a light turns on and stays on for a preselected length of time (30 minutes?), unless further motion causes the on-time to be extended? Apparently not! There are no options in the smart plug setup, the smart sensor setup, or the 'action' definition, to have the switch turn off after one or more minutes.
on August 29, 2016
I do not have issues with connectivity. The app is fast with on and off. It works if you have a 12 hour schedule this side of or that side of 12:00 am or pm. Forget about 7 am on and 10 pm off. Not possible with this plug. I have it on at 12:10 pm and off at 10 pm on the kid's TV. They know if they want to turn it on before noon, they just push the front button of the plug and that powers on the TV.