Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 161 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 259 reviews
on September 20, 2016
I purchased these plugs, because; the specifications indicated a high amperage, and because it was advertised as being "Amazon Echo compatible." When I received them earlier in the year; I was pissed off, because the only way to interface them with Alexa was through IFTTT.

Imagine, having to constantly "Trigger" things On and Off. Not only is it "just ain't natural English," but in the back of my mind; I was just waiting for the first police related shooting to occur, when someone would shout "Trigger!"

Today, I just noticed that these things have ***FINALLY*** been added to Alexa as a "real, Honest to goodness," Smart Home Skill.

Hallelujah!
on February 23, 2017
Works for the most part with Alexa, sometimes disconnects for what seems like no reason though it doesn't happen that often. I think it's either an update or something like that.
Impressive with the Dot.
Hooked 5 up at Christmas and when I told Alexa to put on the Christmas lights, bam they all came on.
Magic
on May 21, 2017
Tried to set up another wifi plug but it will NOT connect to my wifi. The first one I did months ago worked after attempting to connect it for about week. To date it is still working fine. It is so frustrating! Per the instructions it should be fairly simple. Tried using the QR code but my phone just kept scanning it over and over!!! Tried to connect manually. I could get the light to blink green but finally gave up after trying over 10 times!!

I have gone back and reviewed the instructions almost every time thinking perhaps I missed a step. Don't think I missed any step either by WPS or Manual! Don't know what step I will take next. I have one more D-Link plug I will try today. If that one doesn't work I've just wasted money!!
on December 24, 2016
Simple, solid, and reliable. Been using its big brothers from d-link for a couple of years. bought these cheaper versions for my tv and projector. Would have given it a 5 if it weren't for annoyance during setup tht I easily resolved myself.
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on April 5, 2015
This my first item that I have returned to Amazon (which was an exceptionaly easy task, I was impressed with Amazon's return proceedures). I spent 3 days trying to get it to work. The online manual was not in PDF so It was no help. The time would start at the time I set but would go off at a time that had nothing to do with the setting I had set. I cleared it several time and started from scratch with no success. If I unpluged it (simulating the electricity going off) it would not reconnect to the internet which would mean it would be useless and could not be used while vacation. I have since purchased a digital timer that does not connect to the Internet and the new one is working fine.
on May 23, 2017
So far working great. Usuin it to power an in wall AC in my daughter's room. Was easy to setup. Router found it 123 by using the wps button. I even updated the firmware to 2.04 against my better judgement after reading all the horror stories. My guess is the firmware issues were resolved as the bad reviews seem like they are from 2016.

I integrated this with Alexa through IFTTT and set an on off program through the D-Link app itself. No complaints yet.
on August 29, 2016
I do not have issues with connectivity. The app is fast with on and off. It works if you have a 12 hour schedule this side of or that side of 12:00 am or pm. Forget about 7 am on and 10 pm off. Not possible with this plug. I have it on at 12:10 pm and off at 10 pm on the kid's TV. They know if they want to turn it on before noon, they just push the front button of the plug and that powers on the TV.
on October 23, 2016
I bought two of these products to link with my Echo puck and it works, but in both cases only after at least three tries and a half hour of needless backtracking.

The plug has several different ways of starting the set up -- you can go their website, scan a little card's barcode with your or download the app. Having had a lot of luck with the app for the Sensi thermostat, I elected to download the app. The app has you create an account. Then it directs you to put the smart plug into an outlet, turn it on then either scan the card with your phone or manually enter the code on the card to identify the plug . After that, I'm supposed to wait for a little light on the plug to turn orange (mine never did, it only turned green. Either blinking green or a steady green. I'm not sure what that meant). The the app instructs you to either press some button on your wireless router or connect your cell phone to the plug's wireless to link it to your home router. I changed to my cell phone because the symbol on my Dlink router looked more like a status light than a button, and I saw nothing happening when I pressed it.

If it sounds complex, it is, and it's subject to a lot of failures. For example, it sometimes it couldn't find the plug's IP address (it said it was too far away, but it lied). Sometimes, while I was switching over to my phone's settings, the DLink app logged me out and I had to re-enter my password. Just...a lot of annoyances.

To overcome this I applied the tried and true method of simply rebooting and starting over again, gambling it would work before my patience ran out. Luckily it did, but the first plug barely avoided a painful death against the brick wall in my spare bedroom.

After finally getting them set up I opened the Alexa app, activated the Dlink app (errr... skill) and linked it to the Dlink App. Alexa detected the plugs and allowed me to set up command groups for Alexa. It's worked for over a week now; so far so good. But as I mentioned above, Sensi's thermostat setup was a dream compared to this. If I had to do it over, I think I would have shelled out the extra cash for one of the other smart plugs that link to the Echo.
on September 18, 2016
I bought four; each installation went without a problem. After finishing the linkage to the D-Link app, I paired them to my Amazon Echo 1, 2, 3, 4 ... A breeze. Then I IFTTTed my Ring doorbell to my foyer light so it turns on for 30 seconds after motion is detected by Ring (to simulate a response inside the home). I grouped my lights according to location for convenience, done! I finished all of this in 45 minutes on the outside. I am very pleased with the result. My wife loves the ability to turn on virtually any light in our home with a voice command, no more groping for switches.
on October 16, 2016
This worked fine the first time I paired it with my Wi-Fi. After I had problems with the modern and replaced it this product no longer pairs up. I went through the set up from scratch to make sure there aren't any issues and nothing. There's no customer service from D-Link and now I have a useless plug adapter that's a complete waste of money.