YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal STEM Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Go Explore Outdoor Recreation on Amazon NYNN

Format: Blu-ray|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,421 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on December 30, 2016
This is a true original, wonderfully written, will leave you breathless at times. Not merely a good action movie, but thoughtfully composed, and if someone tells you it has a predictable ending, they are lying. It has the most surprising ending I have ever seen in a movie. This is a must own movie if ever there was one, this is it!
on December 28, 2016
This was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. It was a treat to watch a movie that emphasized the story-line first and foremost; I really enjoyed watching the story unfold. There was plenty of action, too, but it served the plot rather than replacing the plot. Ben Affleck rocked his role, as did the rest of the cast! Great job!
on January 8, 2017
It is very unusual to find poignancy in an action movie, but The Accountant manages to do this in a very exciting manner. The action in this movie is fantastic, and if that were the only reason to watch no one would be disappointed. However, there are many underlying relationships that are explored in the movie, as much as can be done in a two-hour timeframe, between the different characters. There is father-son, brother-brother, a disenfranchised mother, and a love interest that can never be amongst others. So, if you are watching to see the formation of subtle relationships you wouldn't be disappointed either. The combination existing in this movie is fantastic. I watch a lot of movies, and this is in the top 10 of the last five years.
on January 4, 2017
Violence and graphic details can be disturbing. The movie takes a while for the main story to all piece together. We almost cut it off less than an hour into the movie. A few things caught our curiosity to see what was behind some of the scenes. It is one of those movies that when it is over, you say, "Hey, that was a good movie. Now it makes sense...how each story comes together and the characters are entwined in ways that become clear at the end. Definitely not a movie that is easy to figure out. I watched it a second time with my son and understood so much more. Ben Aflek does a great job at staying in character. Not a family friendly movie. Action thriller, graphic violence, and language
on December 29, 2016
I absolutely love this movie! You have to watch carefully to get all the subtle clues peppered throughout the movie. I've watched it four times and am now just finally understanding it. I liked it the first time, but now I absolutely love it. If you don't get it...look deeper.
on December 30, 2016
This is a really intriguing movie. The accountant's 'set-up', from the modest house, with little to no furniture, in a modest neighborhood, to the top-of-the-line Airstream, hidden IN a storage locker, ready to go at a moment's notice should the authorities be on to him, makes it hard to put this movie down.

Saw it on my Kindle Fire, and carted it all over the house with me, while the movie was playing.
on January 3, 2017
Excellent movie, it's great to see Ben Affleck back in the saddle. All the acting is solid - actually, better than solid. The structure of the movie is handled well with no pandering. It's intelligent, so you have to engage and think things through, and of course, there's great action. There's also some very sensitive parts, and those are also very well done. For the type of movie this is, there's a lot more than you would ever expect going in, and I enjoyed it tremendously. I'm so glad I saw it, and I will no doubt watch it again many many times.
on December 29, 2016
I go to this sort of show to see what people are saying about us.

I liked it. I find that quite a few of my autistic friends did as well. This reaction is not universal.

There are many things that reviewers in the autistic community find fault with. I concur on many points, especially the physical transformation of the protagonist, but not so much as to dim my overall appreciation. As well, the sound+light+stim sensory scenes have been a real challenge for me, especially when I first saw this film in a theatre.

I loved what they did with the puzzle piece, which is often hated in the adult Autistic community for reasons that wouldn't fit here. There were myriad other touches that spoke "my tribe" to me. The revelation of the actual identity of the other most important female character evoked tears.

I'll watch it again.
on January 5, 2017
Wow, we Love this movie with Ben Affleck and Anna Kendrick!. The story contains drama, suspense, action, criminal elements and covert operations. The casting was perfect. The sets and locations used in this movie draw you into the story line. If you like thrillers with a certain psycho element, then you MUST watch this movie. Ben Afflecks' character launders moneys for his clients globally. Some of his business arrangements with certain clients must be terminated. This sometimes involves the client themselves being terminated. We highly recommend this movie. Add it to your watch list !!
on January 8, 2017
[No Spoilers] Unfortunately Amazon doesn't allow for 1/2 stars or I'd rate this as a 4.5 star movie.

Not quite a 5 star movie, but well over a solid 4 stars. Don't let the naysayers scare you off. This was a great popcorn flick that was nowhere near what I expected. Sure, there's quite a bit of violence (both physical and firearms), but it was also full of good character acting and doesn't disappoint.

There were some minor attention to detail issues. However, if you watch the film for the enjoyment of watching a solid flick, without being overly critical, then I think you can't go wrong with a rental or purchase.