Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping
89% positive over last 12 months
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Author
Basic Immunology Updated Edition: Functions and Disorders of the Immune System With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access (Basic Immunology: Functions and Disorders of the Immune System) 3rd Edition
There is a newer edition of this item:
Only 15 left in stock - order soon.
Purchase options and add-ons
This updated 3rd edition of Basic Immunology provides a readable and concise introduction to the workings of the human immune system, with emphasis on clinical relevance. The format makes learning easy with short, easy-to-read chapters, color tables, key point summaries, and review questions in every chapter. You’ll get the latest coverage on regulatory T cells, biology of the Th17 subset of CD4+ T cells, and more. The full-color artwork, comprehensive glossary, and clinical cases are just some of the features that reinforce and test your understanding of how the immune system functions. Student Consult online access lets you search the full text online and pursue further study through integration links.
- Covers the most up-to-date immunology information including regulatory T cells, and biology of the Th17 subset of CD4+ T cells to keep you completely current.
- Features integration links through included STUDENT CONSULT access for more in-depth study.
- Relates basic science to clinical disorders through clinical cases for better application in a real-world setting.
- Provides a full Glossary to keep you on the cutting edge of immunologic terminology.
- Includes appendices summarizing the features of CD Molecules, a handy Glossary, and Clinical Cases that test your understanding of how the immune system functions in health and disease.
- Presents beautiful full-color artwork for enhanced visual learning.
"Today’s immunology, at its current level of complexity, could not be put into 232 pages of text in a more comprehensive, yet accessible, way." ― American Journal of Epidemiology, review of previous edition
An easy-to-read guide to the workings of the human immune system
- Publisher : Saunders; 3rd edition (February 12, 2010)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 312 pages
- ISBN-10 : 141605569X
- ISBN-13 : 978-1416055693
- Item Weight : 1.3 pounds
- Dimensions : 7.25 x 0.5 x 9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #2,163,184 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #577 in Immunology (Books)
- #988 in Viral Diseases (Books)
- #1,224 in Communicable Diseases (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the author
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It`s important to point, however, that I study medicine in Brazil, so my remarks might not actually be pertinent everywhere.
In comparison, the full book this book is based on, the "Cellular and Molecular Immunology," though much bigger (~600 pages), it offers much clearer explanation of how and why an immune response work a certain way. In the end I got a lot more out of the bigger book than this one. If I had a second chance, I'd spend more time and about 10 bucks more and just get the bigger book the first time around.
The best book I have found is this one I am rating 5 stars. It is concise yet comprehensive; explanations are clear, and most importantly this book has the best pictures which explain the concepts by themselves. This book is digestible in full, as compared to most of the other texts, and it has given me an adequate base on which to build.