Monday, April 3
Ships from: Amazon Sold by: itemspopularsonlineaindemand
Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping. Details
+ $3.99 shipping
81% positive over last 12 months
& FREE Shipping
88% positive over last 12 months
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web.
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Authors
Cannabis: A Handbook for Nurses First, North American Edition
Enhance your purchase
The time is now to get grounded in cannabis science and holistic care, with the evidence-based Cannabis: A Handbook for Nurses.
This groundbreaking new guide addresses nursing skills and responsibilities in cannabis care, including the physiology of the human endocannabinoid system, cannabis care as it relates to specific disease processes, the history of cannabis, advocacy and ethics, and the ins and outs of cannabis dosing, delivery methods, side effects, and more. Essential for all practice areas, this is a timely, much-needed foundational resource for both students and practicing nurses who want to provide knowledgeable and effective medical cannabis care.
Get grounded in cannabis knowledge with science-driven nursing guidance:
- Covers the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) 2018 “Six Principles of Essential Knowledge” for supporting medical use of cannabis
- Meets the NCSBN (2018) principles for all practice areas and all levels of nursing training and education
- Foundational chapters provide:
- An overview of the history of cannabis prohibition and regulation, from ancient times to pioneers in cannabis care
- Human endocannabinoid system structure and functions
- Cannabis pharmacology and pharmacokinetics
- CBD: The phytocannabinoid – dosing, drug-drug interactions, evidence of CBD effectiveness, and more
- Focuses on the nurse’s role around cannabis care:
- Cannabinoid research findings – current evidence related to conditions such as seizures, MS, cancer, pain, PTSD, osteoporosis, opiate harm reduction and end-of-life care
- The nurse’s role in cannabis patient care – nursing theory, motivational interviewing, coaching, spiritual care, ethics, and use of holistic modalities
- The APRN role and process of providing care for medical cannabis patients seeking their medical cannabis recommendation
- Legal and ethical concerns – cannabis-care ethics, advocacy, the current federal status of cannabis in the United States, and how to review a state’s cannabis laws
- Real-world nursing experience – interviews with cannabis care nurses that share approaches, challenges, and successes
- Chapter features include:
- Concepts and Considerations box – Outlines chapter content and objectives
- Applied Learning Questions – for personal reflection or group discussion
- Case Studies – Illustrate use of cannabis treatments in a variety of practice settings
- End-of-Chapter Q&A – NCLEX-style questions, similar to those that will be added to the NCLEX and APRN exams, to support learning and certification preparation
About the Clinical Editor
Carey S. Clark, PhD, RN, AHN-BC, RYT, FAAN is Professor of Nursing, Director of Nursing, and Chair of the Medical Cannabis Certificate Program at Pacific College of Health and Science, in New York City, Chicago, Illinois, and San Diego, California, and the Past-President of the American Cannabis Nurses Association.
Books with Buzz
Discover the latest buzz-worthy books, from mysteries and romance to humor and nonfiction. Explore more
From the Publisher
A BRAND NEW GUIDE...
This new First Edition delves into nursing responsibilities and skills in cannabis care generally and as it relates to specific disease processes. It examines the physiology of the human endocannabinoid system, and the ins and outs of cannabis dosing, delivery methods, and side effects.
Get your eBook, too!
A Dynamic eBook — FREE with your purchase of a new book
Video, Audio, and Interactive Features
Your NEW book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for IOS, Android, PC, and Mac.
—Read directly on your preferred device(s) — computer, tablet, or smartphone
—Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
—Adaptable for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more
See the inside front cover for details on how to access your eBook.
- Publisher : LWW; First, North American edition (February 12, 2021)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 464 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1975144260
- ISBN-13 : 978-1975144265
- Item Weight : 1.5 pounds
- Dimensions : 6 x 1 x 9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #414,014 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #49 in Nursing Oncology
- #164 in Nursing Pharmacology (Books)
- #443 in Holistic Medicine (Books)
- Customer Reviews:
About the authors
Reviewed in the United States on May 30, 2021
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on May 30, 2021