Beats Studio Wired Over-Ear Headphone - Black (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Model Name||Monster Beats by Dr. Dre Studio High-Definition Headphones - Pink|
|Form Factor||Over Ear|
About this item
- Active noise-cancelling for planes, trains, buses, and other noisy settings
- Collapsable design with detachable cord for compact storage
- Over-ear cushioning provides superior comfort for hours of listening
- Specifically engineered to bring out the best elements of today's rap and rock music
- Backed by a one-year Monster warranty
- Original Beats Studio, battery-powered over-ear headphones developed by Dr. Dre
- Headphones amplify music while blocking out noise
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Beats Studio headphones deliver professional-grade sound for professionals and audiophiles alike. They’re tuned for all genres of music and made for relentless, heavy-duty use. The Beats Studio headphone is the iconic flagship product for Beats by Dr. Dre. The active noise cancellation feature gives Studio headphones a unique level of power and performance. Now available in eight colorways.
From the Manufacturer
Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphones
The original Beats by Dr. Dre headphone that took the world by storm.
After 25 years, Dr. Dre was tired of spending months on a track only to have his fans hear it on weak, distorting ear buds. Two years and hundreds of prototypes later, Beats Studio headphones are the icons that bring you sound the way it was originally intended.
Keeps background noise way back.Experience a burst of color
Powered by a pair of AAA batteries, the noise cancellation feature in a pair of Beats Studio headphones reduces distracting ambient sound, making sure nothing comes between you and your music.
Extra comfortable ear cups.
Super-plush and covered with ultra-soft breathable materials, you’ll be cool and comfortable even during marathon listening sessions. The Beats by Dr. Dre logo on the side even acts as a mute button when you press it.
A flawless and iconic fit.
Designers of Beats Studio headphones conducted a series of ergonomic studies to find the perfect lightweight, foldable headphone that always delivers a comfortable fit. The result is a design now copied by brands around the world.
Take calls and adjust volume right from the cord of your Beats Studio headphones.
What's in the box
- Two (2) AAA batteries
- 3.5-millimeter audio cable
- Audio adapter
- In-line control and mic cable
- Hard shell carrying case
- Beats by Dr. Dre cleaning cloth
- One year limited warranty
Similar Beats Products to ConsiderBeats Executive Over-Ear Headphones -- Designed to take you from boardroom to the tarmac and everywhere in between, these over-ear headphones deliver the legendary Beats sound in a refined premium package and foldable design that's easier than ever to take on the road.
NO RETURNS,REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES ON ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS ALL ELECTRICAL ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS
These Headphones is not the regular black Studio Headphones but these headphones is the Limited Edition Pittsburgh Steelers Black & Gold Headphones... Rare!!!
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First the pros:
- Better than average sound quality but what's minimally expected for the price range it's in.
- Great looks! Yes, that hooked me; it's unique, stands out from other headphones, doesn't make you look dorky. But...(see cons)
- Major sound leakage! I've been asked several times while listening in a coffee shop and airplane to turn it down because people can hear the tunes out of these headphones! And I don't even turn it up! I was listening to classical music for god's sake! I had others try it on to see if I can hear them: I could. Again, not even turned up that high. This leakage is a major fail for this product. I'm embarassed to use this in public now.
- Feels very plastic-ky! It's like a cheap toy! Yes, as I mentioned above, they look great...but once you hold it in your hands and wear it, it feels fragile and the materials don't feel durable; you drop this once, it's all over!
- Noise-cancelling? "block jet engine noise"?! Cancel that!! Okay, it may not be fair that I'm comparing this to my old Bose with noise cancelling but, man, these Beats just barely block out the noise especially when you're in an airplane.
- Power switch- this is the switch to turn NC and basically to get sound in to the headphones. This is a bonehead feature. I have this switch on all the time anyway to hear the sound so, why make me turn it on and off?! Besides, if you forget to turn it off after listening, your battery runs down. There is no auto-off! So, if you're out somewhere with no spare batteries, forget about listening to your tunes.
- Packaging: could they waste any more materials just to package this?! The excessive packaging on this just validates how much this is all about marketing hype and not about product merits. Enough said.
- Product support: Fail. A couple of months ago, I lost the cables for these. Yes, I admit that's my fail. So, I tried to buy the same exact cables so I can get the maximum performance out of these. Result: No one sold them at retails stores. Fine. So, I went to their website hoping to find it... and it says there, they don't currently sell ANY replacement parts and to check back! I just found out that they'll be selling replacement parts online this September. Great. I just bought some other cable after running around trying to find them. My problem with this is, if you're a company and you're going to sell a product...have replacement parts available when you launch your product!! Not months after!!
Summary: So NOT recommended! There's much better ones out there. Don't fall for the hype, marketing, and pseudo celebrity endorsements.
Within an hour i knew i had made a mistake. My number one grievance with the headphones were comfort. I like wearing headphones for hours at a time and this thing weighted a lot. At over 9 oz they weighted double what my previous set of headphones did. It didn't help matters that the cups inside the headphones are a bit on the small side. The right cup did not quite fit correctly and i started to feel discomfort after only a few minutes of use at a time. It came to a point where i just did not want to wear them.
I did not feel like the material quality was bad. You can tell that the body around the headphones is plastic but it doesn't feel like a $15 dollar set of headphones by any means. They feel sturdy and i don't see how you can break them if you treat them carefully. The packaging and the carrying case are of top quality too. No complains on this regard.
As far as sound quality goes i am not going to complain. I liked the sound of the headphones. I do not think myself an audiophile or anything like that. There was a lot of bass though and sometimes that brought mixed results. While i do enjoy bass heavy music i felt that in order to feel the bass at its fullest you had to turn up the volume all the way up. At that volume you start to get a headache after 5 minutes. Like other reviewers have commented in some of the songs the bass tends to drown out some of the lyrics which can be mildly irritating.
Remember how i mentioned you have to turn on the volume of the headphones a pretty good amount in order to enjoy it at its fullest? Well you better hope that you are alone in the room because these things are a boombox on your head. The sound leaks like there is no tomorrow. People surrounding you can hear the lyrics of the song at anything over 50% volume. Forget about wearing these on a quiet library or public place.
Lastly i wanted to comment on the noise cancellation and the battery usage. The headphones came with a pair of duracell batteries. After using the headphones for a couple of weeks the batteries were still holding strong. I must have used the headphones about 12-15 hours in that span. As far as noise cancellation, it is not existent. It literally does NOTHING. It doesn't even block 10%. The only noise reduction you get is what the cups around your ear block when you put on the headphones and that is it. It is truly pathetic considering you need two AAA batteries to power the headphones and it won't play without them.
Having used the headphones for a couple of weeks i decided to return them. I spent too much time looking for headphones that looked and sounded good and i did not pay attention to the comfort and the experience of using the headphones. It was a mistake i will not make again. There were just too many inconveniences and flaws for me to ignore them. I wanted to like the headphones i really did but at the price i am paying this i expected something near flawless and enjoyable. These headphones were not.
Top reviews from other countries
Der Sound ist einfach mal der Hammer. Auch voll aufgedreht, dann sind sie zwar lauter als ein rollender Panzer auf dem Weg in den Kampf, machen sie einen hervorragenden Sound. Gerade jene wie ich die auch nebenbei sehr gerne Acoustic Musik hören oder gute orchester, werden einfach absolut beim kauf belohnt. Abstimmung passt einfach!
ich habe einen großen Kopf und bin Brillenträger. das mit dem großen Kopf ist garkein Problem, justiert sich fast wie von selbst, das mit der Brille jedoch schon. Für Brillenträger ist das polster nicht richtig geschnitten, der Bügel hinterm Ohr drückt den KH nach hinten. Kein Ding, ich musste feststellen das liegt doch eher an den Bügeln der Brille, mit meiner zweitbrille ist davon nichts spürbar. dennoch ist "overear" recht knapp, eher "ontheear".
an sich bin ich jedoch glücklich mit dem kauf weil der geräuschliche Genuss und die Abschirmung der Außengeräusche der burner sind.