$12.88 ($0.43 / Fl Oz)
FREE delivery: Friday, April 7 on orders over $25.00 shipped by Amazon.
Ships from: Amazon.com Sold by: Amazon.com
($0.41 / Fl Oz)
($0.37 / Fl Oz)
First delivery on Apr 10 First delivery on Apr 7 Ships from: Amazon.com Sold by: Amazon.com
Unlock 15% savings
Choose how often it's deliveredFrom once every 2 weeks to once every 6 months
Skip or cancel any timeWe'll send you a reminder before each delivery.
Nutiva Organic Cold-Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil, USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Whole 30 Approved, Vegan, Keto, Fresh Flavor and Aroma for Cooking & Healthy Skin and Hair, 15 Fl Oz (Pack of 2)
Enhance your purchase
|Net Content Volume||30 Fluid Ounces|
|Liquid Volume||15 Fluid Ounces|
|Item Package Quantity||2|
|Import Designation||Made in USA|
|Recommended Uses For Product||Cooking|
|Volume||15 Fluid Ounces|
About this item
- Nutiva partners with organic farmers to source the world’s finest fresh, organic virgin coconuts and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines
- Ideal addition to Whole30, vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets and a great alternative to margarine or cooking oil
- Ideal as a medium heat cooking oil with a high smoke point (350°F/177°C) and perfect for baking, frying and sautéing
- Provides nutrient-rich hydration as a natural moisturizer for radiant skin and hair and great for massages
- All-natural cold press extraction process yields a pure, light-tasting oil containing 63% medium-chain triglycerides and 50% lauric acid without the use of dangerous and harmful chemicals, hexane, or heat
Climate Pledge Friendly
Products with trusted sustainability certification(s). Learn more
Product Certification (1)
USDA Organic products must be produced using farming practices that maintain and improve soil and water quality, minimize the use of synthetic materials, conserve biodiversity, and avoid genetic engineering, among other factors. Crops can be certified organic if they’re grown without prohibited substances such as most synthetic fertilizers and pesticides for three years prior to harvest. Products that contain a minimum of 95 percent organic ingredients and use the USDA Organic seal are part of Climate Pledge Friendly.
Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Virgin Coconut Oil from non-GMO, sustainably farmed coconuts is rich in lauric acid and MCTs, making it a nourishing and versatile food for cooking, baking, and beauty. Unlike other oils on the market, Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is never refined, deodorized or bleached. At Nutiva, we start with organic, non-GMO Southeast Asian coconuts, sustainably harvested and immediately cold pressed to naturally extract the freshest, creamiest, most flavorful coconut oil on the market today. The rich aroma and smooth, sweet flavor make it great for sauteing, baking, or enhancing your favorite recipes. It's ideal as a medium-heat cooking oil, a nutritious substitute in baking and is even "better than butter" on bread, vegetables, or popcorn. Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil is a healthful addition to vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets. The purity and nutrient density of Nutiva Virgin Coconut Oil make it good for you both inside and out. Use the luscious, soothing oil as a natural skin moisturizer, eye make-up remover, deep conditioning hair treatment, or combine it with Nutiva Coconut Sugar and your favorite essential oil for an exfoliating, refreshing body scrub. Nutiva was founded in 1999 with a single purpose in mind - to Revolutionize the Way the World Eats. We produce organic, nutrient-dense foods that are good for you and good for the planet. Social and environmental responsibility is a core part of Nutiva’s culture and business. From sourcing organic products, to obtaining fair trade certification, to greening our facilities and operations, to funding natural food initiatives in our local community, we are constantly seeking ways to better protect our environment and ensure a better quality of life for employees, customers, and the communities we serve.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 9.3 x 6.7 x 3.3 inches; 15.04 Ounces
- Item model number : COC152W
- UPC : 692752104008
- Manufacturer : Nutiva
- ASIN : B001EO5Q64
- Country of Origin : Philippines
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Best Sellers Rank: #73 in Grocery & Gourmet Food (See Top 100 in Grocery & Gourmet Food)
- #1 in Coconut Oils
- Customer Reviews:
This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
100% Organic, Unrefined, Cold-Pressed, Virgin Coconut Oil
No refrigeration required. Coconut oil is solid at room temperature and melts at 76 degrees, with a smoke point of 350 degrees. Please note that there is NO difference between Virgin and Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil. We previously used the term "extra-virgin" to emphasize our commitment to quality, however, as a leader in coconut oil, Nutiva is committed to complying with global regulations that do not allow the term "extra-virgin" in regard to coconut. When you see the term Virgin on our packaging, rest assured that the product is still the highest quality and has not changed.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviewed in the United States on March 28, 2023
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. Moisturizer – simply scoop some out of the jar and apply all over your body, including neck and face.
2. Eye cream – apply under the eyes to reduce puffiness, bags, and wrinkles. Use on the lids in the evening.
3. Pre-shave – coconut oil will prep skin for the pending damage caused by shaving.
4. Aftershave – coconut oil will help heal your skin after shaving without clogging pores.
5. Deodorant – coconut oil alone can be used as a deodorant, but even more effective in combination with cornstarch/arrowroot powder and baking soda!
6. Hair Conditioner/Deep Treatment - use as a leave in hair conditioner by applying a teaspoon of coconut oil to your ends and then running your fingers through your hair to distribute the rest! For a deeper treatment, rub in a tablespoon of coconut oil onto your dry scalp and gently work through to the ends. Put a shower cap on to prevent transfer onto bed linens and leave on overnight.
7. Hair Gel/Defrizzer – rub a little between your palms and either scrunch into hair (for curly hair) or finger comb in through from scalp to ends (for wavy/straight hair).
8. Toothpaste – there are numerous recipes out there but I just mix coconut oil and baking soda and dab a little of the mix on my toothbrush.
9. Make up remover – use a cotton swab and a dab of coconut oil and you would be amazed at how well it works!
10. Chapstick – just rub a little into lips and it not only acts as a softening agent but it also has an SPF of about 4 so you get a little protection!
11. Massage Oil – pretty simple; grab some and rub!
12. Lubricant – it is an all natural, perfectly safe personal lubricant. Not compatible with latex!
14. Stretch Mark Cream – coconut oil is great at nourishing damaged skin. It may not be the magic stretch mark cure but it will help.
15. Nipple Cream – works great to nourish cracked, sore, or dry nipples. Apply to a cotton ball and leave on your nipples between feedings.
16. Diaper salve – very comforting on a rash bum with no harsh chemicals. Also safe for cloth diapers.
17. Cradle cap – having issues with dry skin on your baby’s scalp? Coconut oil will not only nourish your baby’s skin, it also helps eliminate cradle cap. Just rub a teaspoon onto scalp daily.
18. Body scrub – mix coconut oil and sugar together and rub all over! Rinse off and your skin will be super soft! You can add in essential oils if you would like a specific smell.
19. Healing - when applied on scrapes and cuts, coconut oil forms a thin, chemical layer which protects the wound from outside dust, bacteria and virus. Coconut oil speeds up the healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues. Plus, it smells a heck-of-a-lot better than anything from the pharmacy.
20. Bug Bites – when applied directly to a bug bite, coconut oil can stop the itching and burning sensation as well as hasten the healing process.
21. Skin problems – coconut oil relieves skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
22. Swimmers Ear – mix garlic oil and coconut oil and put a few drops in affected ear for about 10 minutes. Do this 2-3 times a day and it usually works within one or two days.
General Health and Wellness
23. Stress Relief - relieve mental fatigue by applying coconut oil to the head in a circular, massaging motion. The natural aroma of coconuts is extremely soothing thus helping to lower your stress level.
24. Digestion - the saturated fats in coconut oil have anti-bacterial properties that help control, parasites, and fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat in coconut oil also aids in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around.
25. Fitness - coconut oil has been proven to stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function, and escalate energy levels, all of which help decrease your unwanted fat, while increasing muscle.
26. Nose bleeds - coconut oil can prevent nose bleeding that is caused by sensitivity to weather such as extreme hotness and extreme coldness. This condition happens when the nasal passages become dry because of cold or dry air resulting to burns and cracks in the mucus membranes so bleeding happens. To prevent this just put coconut oil in you nostrils. Coat your finger with coconut oil and then lie down and coat your finger inside your nose. Doing this will strengthen and protect the capillaries in the nasal passages. A Vitamin C supplement will also help prevent nose bleeding.
27. For breastfeeding moms, consuming 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil daily will enrich your milk supply.
28. Helps with weight loss & controlling cravings.
29. Helps keep blood sugar levels stable and/or helps with cravings in those with diabetes.
Health Problems (that coconut oil is known for aiding, relieving, or even curing when taken internally)
30. Eczema – in addition to taking it internally, many have success applying it externally, some don't
31. Skin problems
32. Toenail fungus
33. Hot flashes
34. Bleeding hemorrhoids (can also be applied externally twice a day)
36. Head lice
37. Improvements in menstruation regarding pain/cramps and heavy blood flow
38. Migraines (with regular use)
42. Relieve gallbladder pain
43. Has helped some people improve symptoms of an underactive thyroid gland, results have shown subsequent thyroid blood tests becoming normal
44. Energy boost
45. Flaky, dry skin
46. May relieve acid reflux and indigestion when taken with each meal
47. Adrenal fatigue
49. H. pylori
50. Candida albicans
51. Asthma, even in children
53. Cholesterol - improves HDL ('good' cholesterol) to LDL ('bad' cholesterol) ratio in people with high cholesterol
54. Chronic fatigue
55. Circulation/feeling cold all the time
56. Stronger immune system
57. Mental Clarity
59. Helps with inflammation in Crohns
Health Problems (that coconut oil is known for aiding, relieving, or even curing when applied topically)
60. Athletes foot
61. Back pain/sore muscles
62. Canker sores
65. Herpes (applied topically and taken internally)
66. Genital warts (through topical application over 6 weeks, and coconut oil enemas twice a day depending on the location of the warts)
67. Circumcision healing – although I am personally against circumcision, I have read that coconut oil is a really great healer for this.
68. Use 1 cup to 1 cup ratio when replacing other oils/butter in recipes with coconut oil.
69. Replacement for butter/lard/Crisco/PAM in it’s solid form – greasing pans, pie crusts, etc.
70. Replacement for various oils in liquid form – baking, cooking, sautéing, etc.
71. Nutritional supplement – melt and add to smoothies.
72. Insect repellent – mix coconut oil with peppermint oil extract and rub it all over exposed skin. Keeps insects off better than anything with Deet! Tons safer too.
73. Great for dogs and cats for general wellness. Just add a teaspoon to their water bowl daily.
74. Goo Gone - just mix equal parts coconut oil and baking soda into a paste. Apply to the “sticky” area and let it set for a minute. Then scrub off with an old toothbrush or the scrubby side of a sponge.
75. Chewing Gum in Hair Remover – just rub some coconut oil over the stuck chewing gum, leave in for about 30 minutes, then roll the gum between your fingertip. Voila! It’s out!
76. Polish Furniture - coconut oil with a little bit of lemon juice to polish wood furniture. However, I recommend you test it first on a very small, unobtrusive part of your furniture to make sure it works the way you’d like.
77. Polishing Bronze - all you have to do is rub a little oil into a cotton towel and then wipe down the statue. It cleans and helps deepen the color of your bronze.
78. Seasoning animal hide drums
79. Seasoning cookware
80. Moisturizing and cleaning leather products
Had a smartie send me a ugly comment about it not helping Alzheimer's. Well this was on facebook
Coconut Oil Touted as Alzheimer's Remedy: Steve Newport's Alzheimer's has slowed considerably over the years. Some of his symptoms even reversed, thanks to the unlikely treatment prescribed by his wife, a physician.
Dr. Newport became determined to help her husband after the severity of his disease was discovered through an Alzheimer's test in which the person being tested is asked to draw a picture of a clock. When she tried a new coconut oil regime, in only 3 weeks she began to reverse the signs of Alzheimer's.
"He was not able to run. He was able to run again," she recalled. "He could not read for about a year and a half, but after two or three months he was able to read."
"Instead of being very sluggish, not talking very much in the morning, he would come out in the morning with energy, talkative, and joking, and he could find his water and his utensils," Dr. Newport said.
MUST SEE: [...]
I really just use it for consumption. I know there are plenty of bodily uses. Keep in mind that it may feel moisturizing at first, but it can be drying over time. Someone included a giant list in their review and I would be careful with that. Aids?Mono? how?
I'll stick to culinary uses and for base to some nutritional supplements (ie turmeric paste)