Other Sellers on Amazon
& FREE Shipping
100% positive over last 12 months
NOW Supplements, L-Theanine 200 mg with Inositol, Stress Management*, 120 Veg Capsules
Purchase options and add-ons
|Unit Count||120 Count|
|Item Weight||0.08 Kilograms|
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||2.63 x 2.63 x 4.75 inches|
|Special Ingredients||Amino Acid|
|Product Benefits||Stress Relief, Brain Health Support, Heart Health Support|
|Age Range (Description)||Adult|
About this item
- STRESS MANAGEMENT*/PROMOTES RELAXATION*: Promotes relaxation without the drowsiness or negative side effects associated with other calming agents.*
- Product Note: Exposure to heat or sunlight may lead to melting/damage of product. Hence customers are expected to be available during the product delivery
- HEALTHY VASCULAR FUNCTION*/WITH INOSITOL: Formulation includes inositol, a member of the B-vitamin family that is essential for brain and nervous system health.*
- CLASSIFICATIONS/CERTIFICATIONS: Vegan, Kosher, Non-GMO
- GMP Quality Assured: NPA A-rated GMP certification means that every aspect of the NOW manufacturing process has been examined, including our laboratory/testing methods (for stability, potency, and product formulation).
- Packaged in the USA by a family owned and operated company since 1968.
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations, when provided.
Consider a similar item
Frequently bought together
From the manufacturer
L-Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in green tea. L-Theanine promotes relaxation without the drowsiness or negative side effects associated with other calming agents.* L-Theanine also supports healthy cardiovascular function through this relaxing effect.* This formulation also includes Inositol, a member of the B-Vitamin family that is essential for brain and nervous system health.* This product has twice the L-theanine (200 mg per capsules) as in our regular strength product (100 mg per capsule). Other Ingredients are Hypromellose (cellulose capsule), Stearic Acid (vegetable source) and Silicon Dioxide
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 2.63 x 2.63 x 4.75 inches; 2.82 Ounces
- Item model number : 0148
- Date First Available : November 18, 2013
- Manufacturer : NOW Sports - Nutrition and Wellness
- ASIN : B00GQV9YX6
- Best Sellers Rank: #3,442 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
- #85 in Multivitamins
- #760 in Sales & Deals
- Customer Reviews:
For adults only. Keep out of reach of children. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Store in a cool, dry place after opening. Allergen Caution: Product not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens.This product is labelled to United States standards and may differ from similar products sold elsewhere in its ingredients, labeling and allergen warnings
For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Keep out of reach of children.
Supplement Facts Serving Size: 1 Veg Capsule Servings Per Container: 120 Description Amount per Serving % Daily Value * Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.† Daily Value not established. L-Theanine 200 mg * Inositol 100 mg * Other Ingredients: Vegetable Polysa haride (capsule), Silica and Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source). Not manufactured with wheat, gluten, soy, milk, egg, fish, shellfish or tree nut ingredients. Produced in a GMP facility that processes other ingredients containing these allergens. Caution: For adults only. Consult physician if pregnant/nursing, taking medication, or have a medical condition. Keep out of reach of children. This product has twice the L-Theanine (200 mg per capsule) as in our regular strength product (100 mg per capsule). Store in a cool, dry place after opening. Please Recycle. *These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Take 1 capsule 1 to 2 times daily as needed, preferably on an empty stomach.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
Reviewed in the United States on January 5, 2023
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) I have type 2 bipolar disorder, also known as hypomanic bipolar disorder (not the same as type 1, which is hypermanic bipolar disorder)
2) I'm on other supplements
3) I am very sensitive to caffeine, and stopped drinking coffee almost a year ago because it causes intense heart palpitations multiple times a day and night, but still drink green and black tea even though that's also enough to cause heart palpitations. I drink only one or two cups a day max, with a cup measuring eight fluid ounces. The only other fluids I drink are juice and water, with the occasional hot chocolate on cold nights - and yes chocolate does contain caffeine.
4) I took this nightly for 5 months. Based on studies published on PubMed, L-theanine should be cycled, you take it for a while and then stop before starting again if needed. WebMD suggests no longer than 3 months on and at least one month off. I did not do this because at the time I wasn't aware I needed to.
5) I'm in my 30s
When taking this for the first few months I could not tell if it was doing me any good. I was taking it at night an hour or so before bed, typically after having drank tea during the day and thus with caffeine already in my system. My intention was to have something to help calm me down before bed, as L-Theanine is documented to work well with caffeine to have that effect.
I honestly don't know if it made any difference, but in my head I convinced myself it did. Within the 4th and 5th month of taking it I became convinced it wasn't doing anything and I was noticing my heart was pounding at night while trying to fall asleep.
This may be where cycling comes into play, and it is possible that because I took it for so long it was basically having no effect on me anymore. So I decided to stop taking it.
Holy hell, these last 2 weeks have been awful, I've been wide awake at 2 or 4 am, having never gone to sleep some nights, and then other nights I'm out by 10:00. When I do go to sleep, I'm out like a light and struggle to wake up or get out of bed.
Two possible scenarios are happening, my mind/body is trying to find equilibrium and is in all kinds of disarray after becoming accustomed to this substance, or coming off the substance has triggered my mental health condition. Either is equally possible, though it could also be any number of other factors I'm not considering.
I've read forum posts where others have claimed a similar experience while on L-Theanine and coming off it. So, if you are like me and you have some type of mental health condition like bipolar disorder or generalized anxiety disorder, consider that it may make things more challenging for you in the long term.
Additionally this is one of many similar substances that can affect your blood pressure, frequently causing it to lower. If you take other similar substances that are already doing that, it make cause serious issues with becoming dizzy, faint, fatigued, weak, etc. I didn't notice this happening for me, but I did notice that I felt colder all the time and that's very much not like me, I am usually hot all the time. No idea if it was related.
If you're smarter than me, you'll consult your medical provider before randomly trying things you bought in a store or online based solely on an advertisement, a few buyer reviews, and a quick Google search. Even these types of "naturally" occuring substances (in this case an amino acid) can have serious side-effects when you don't take all things into consideration, especially when your on other supplements whether they are pharmaceutical or nutriceutical, and if you're atypical and have a mental health condition that causes your brain to function differently from the average person.
Everyone is different and responds uniquely to any supplement.
you cannot take this when you’re taking certain other medications. It will interfere with the effectiveness or cause an Uncomfortable allergic result. As I found out years ago. The back of the bottle lets you know what you can’t mix it with. Straightforward and clear, and I made a choice to wean off one and take these instead. For me, much more effective.
Top reviews from other countries
Not worth it....no positive review from India so far.
It’s huge WASTE OF MONEY.
not an authentic source to buy this product in my opinion
Disclaimer: While we work to ensure that product information is correct, on occasion manufacturers may alter their ingredient lists. Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and/or different information than that shown on our Web site. We recommend that you do not solely rely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer. Content on this site is for reference purposes and is not intended to substitute for advice given by a physician, pharmacist, or other licensed health-care professional. You should not use this information as self-diagnosis or for treating a health problem or disease. Contact your health-care provider immediately if you suspect that you have a medical problem. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition. Amazon.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about products.