The list author says: "1. "Smugglers Blues". Tough to single out a best of the best, however, if one episode epitomizes the clever combination of energy, style, action, music and story line that has made this series a classic, this is this one.
2. "Brothers Keeper" (Pilot): This is the one that started it all. Combining all the right components for viewers to take notice that this is a series soon to be recognized as a classic!
3. "Score/"Golden Traingle": Two 'episodes' in one as a 2-part story, this stands out as a neat story line highlighted by great acting by all in particular the adversarial chemistry between Edward James Olmos ("Castillo"), John Santucci ("Dale Menton") and Keye Luke ("Loa Li").
4. "Definitely Miami". This clever double-plot episode stands out for its sheer uniqueness and heat of each story line coupled with the superb coordination of music and awesome cimematography throughout. Ted Nugent and Albert Hall are fantastic in this one.
5. "Out Where The Buses Don't Run": A great story line here along with a super acting job put in by Bruce McGill as Hank Weldon. Super surprise ending in this classic episode as use of Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms" is simply outstanding.
6. "Phil The Shill": Phil Collins in this one does a masterful job as a con artist supreme in this classic episode.
7. "Back In The World": A cool story line and a great acting job put in by G. Gordon Liddy as "Captain Real Estate" highlight this classic. "Stone's War" in Season 3 is another one that picks up from this story line that is superb as well with Liddy in it.
8. "No Exit": The dynamic acting ability shows for sure here in Bruce Willis early in his career in this classic episode.
9. "Trust Fund Pirates": Typical MV classic combination of intriguing story and style, moving action, visuals and music.
10. "Red Tape": Always liked this one for a neat story line, great combination of visuals and music. Nice work from guests Lou Diamond Phillips and a young Annette Benning."
"These first 2 seasons of episodes best typlify the best of the best in overall creative, unique combination and mixture of raw energy, style, story line, cinematography, visuals and music that has made Miami Vice an absolute all-time classic series."