Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
asked by SF Writer on July 8, 2007
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 18 answers
A
i think the grainy picture is normal...unless it is too grainy that it is unbearable to watch...i have a ps3 and played the departed blu-ray and there are some grainy pics...i guess its normal. its not too terrible though. I think hd-dvd has the same issue because i use the xbox 360 for hd movies and it is also somewhat grainy. i have a sony 46 inch xbr 3 tv and it displays the movies in 1080p.
F. Lai answered on July 9, 2007
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
J. Blaha, Jr answered on September 29, 2007
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Seeing as most of the films offered in both BR and HDDVD use the exact same video transfer to author discs, the graininess will be identical in all players. Some movies are grainy because they are shot on film, which has and shows grain by it's very nature.
Joe Fortunato answered on January 18, 2008
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Modrnknght answered on September 25, 2007
Comment | 5 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Charles L. Lueck answered on September 20, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
HD is coming to and end soon.All the studios have decided to go with the Blue ray format.You can already see the HD players and movies dropping in price knowing that the death of this format is on it's way.
Donald W. Stevens answered on February 1, 2008
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i have both the sony blu ray s300 and the toshiba hd-a30 and have noticed that both formats have a graininess to themwhen viewing the film 300 its obviously the way the movie was shot. so far tho both pictures seem near identical . i will side with blu ray in the long run tho. its a more advanced platform with way more future capabilities .that and my toshiba froze up and gave me a code .tried again same thing,took the disc out ...half a faint finger print on the edge wiped it off and it worked fine. wayyyy to sensitive for my taste.....
andres luna answered on October 30, 2007

A
Beach Dreamer answered on September 25, 2007

A
HD is coming to a end my friends. I have both blu ray and hd dvd player and I lost alot of money on HD. I have a source that works along side of HD and the movie production company's are all going to blu ray. He told me I would atleast have a great upconverter dvd player. A**H*LE I am mad as hell spending $500.00 for the player and who knows how much on the hd movies. So if anyone is thinking of which one to buy go with BLU-RAY
Tim A. Ordway answered on January 20, 2008
Comment | 2 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have the same tv as you but use my PS3 to play br movies....
You to get some grainy parts but its so so so so so so so little....
Many of you just need to configure ur BR settings...
HD blows...
Luis Acosta answered on August 6, 2008
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product