Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Customer Discussions > Broken Bells forum

great album!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 3, 2010, 7:57:15 PM PST
The Gamer says:
The album is currently available for free streaming on npr (until the release, I believe), and I just have to say, I'm totally in love with this right now. I'm a fan of The Shins, so I just checked this out because of James Mercer. What I like is that the album does sound kind of Shins-ish, but not so much that you're left wondering why Mercer just didn't make another Shins album. It's like a new, more upbeat twist on The Shins

One thing I should add- this is definitely one of those albums that you need to listen to a few times, and give it a chance to sink in a bit. The first listen I did kind of have a "meh, it's ok" reaction, but after listening to it again a couple of times, you'll realize how beautiful all of the songs are. Anyone who's a fan of The Shins or just indie music in general should check this out!

Posted on Mar 18, 2010, 2:28:54 AM PDT
MrSavoie2U says:
Agreed. Like you, I wasn't overly impressed at first, but the more I've listened, the more I've grown to like this cd. There are some songs that don't do it for me, but overall it's a solid cd.

Posted on Apr 8, 2010, 10:11:12 AM PDT
J. Ward says:
Completely agree. This album was fine at first, but after a few plays, became a rare albums I want to play all day, every day. If only I wasn't driving my family wild with cries of "can't you play something else?" No, I can't.

Posted on Jan 24, 2011, 12:40:45 AM PST
A. Kassim says:
I really love this record. I can't stop listening to it!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Broken Bells forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Mar 3, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 24, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Broken Bells
Broken Bells by Broken Bells (Audio CD - 2010)
4.5 out of 5 stars (182)