Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Green Sprouts Fresh Baby Food Freezer Tray (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now STEM

Item Package Quantity: 1|Change

on January 14, 2010
This is a bit of a pain to use. A better solution is Wilton Bite-Size Brownie Squares 24-Cavity Silicone Mold Pan. If you search for Silicone molds there are more options. Having a bit of space makes them freeze faster and much easier to remove from the pan. I tossed this one for the brownie mold and am much happier.
22 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 17, 2009
This is a great product. I should have bought more initially but I wanted to try it out first. I am very satisfied with this product. The cubes are easy to extract, just push them out from the bottom and they slide right out. When filing the tray, i just use a plastic pastry bag or a ziploc bag, fill it with the puree and squeeze it into each cube. It's much more efficient then trying to pour in the food or spoon it in and there is no mess involved.
33 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2009
Given that every other type of ice cube tray that doesn't leach chemicals is expensive, this product is the best option. Just be aware that it does not work like a typical ice cube tray where you twist it and the cubes spill out. The cubes need to be pushed out from the bottom with my fingers and my hands get cold in the process. So they are kinda annoying. But it's worth it for the price and the non-leaching material. Let me know if anyone can find a BPA/Phalate/PVC free traditional ice cube tray under $8.
on July 9, 2010
This product makes the freezing food process more time consuming. You cannot pop the cubes out directly after taking it from the freezer, instead you have to wait until they are a little defrosted and then loosen each cube and push them out from the bottom. The first time I used the tray, I did not wait until the cubes were slightly defrosted when loosening and went right through the side of the tray. Waiting for the cubes to defrost enough to get them out is frustrating and increases the risk of bacteria growth.
on February 26, 2013
I honestly don't understand the reviews indicating that this is "easy to use". It's easy enough to fill and to wash (dishwasher safe), but getting the cubes out after freezing is nearly impossible. In addition to running hot water over them (for a long time), I have to use a knife to pry them out and it's a struggle. It does help to underfill slightly before freezing, so that the cubes don't overflow and touch at all on the top. I think the problem stems from the fact that only the outside edges get the hot water and the inner cubes are mostly untouched, so they just want to stay put. The Beaba Multiportion Freezer Tray - Green is much easier to use, though not a direct comparison because it's more expensive and makes fewer cubes of a larger size. But after I got the Beaba, the green sprouts tray hasn't been used at all.
on October 22, 2014
We are using these to freeze one ounce cubes of our own baby food. The product works as advertised, BUT it's very hard to get the frozen cubes of food out. I don't like soaking it in hot water around the bottom b/c that melts part of the cube and defeats the purpose of trying to freeze bulk one ounce portions.

The method that I've found that works is to flip it over and on a clean counter (or cutting board, plate, etc.) firmly hold the two short ends and bend the tray in the middle until you feel it give, meaning part of the cubes have broken loose from the silicone wall. Flip it back over and figure out which row broke loose by gently bending it back wards again. Once you've identified the row (usually it'll be the middle row of three cubes), flip it back over and firmly grip the tray on the long sides and use both thumbs to press hard on the center cube that is loose. It may take a second, but the cube will eventually break loose from the other sides and you'll be able to push the cube about halfway out. Flip it back over, grip the cube that's halfway out, and wiggle and pull on it until it comes loose. Flip it back over and repeat until each cube is out. It takes a little bit of time, but not that much and you get nice frozen cubes instead of partially melted runny cubes that make a total mess.
on July 7, 2010
Hard, no very hard to remove frozen food.. Why they didn't do it with air space between so you could push out each cube separate, is a mystery to me. The food would freeze faster that way as well. I wish I had not bought it...
on November 22, 2013
So much better than the munchkin version of this product and not nearly as expensive as the beabe version. This easily slip out of the tray when you run a little water over the back and then push the silicon. I hate the munchkin version because it was nearly impossible to get the food out without completely de-thawing the entire tray.

I like that the beabe version has larger portions but this fits twice as many food cubes...so its much better for the money! You can buy about 3 of these for the price of one of those!
on August 14, 2015
I LOVE THIS PRODUCT FOR SO MANY REASONS !!
ITS FOR THE BABY FOOD BUT I DONT USE IT FOR THAT. I USE IT FOR MAKING FROZEN FRESH FOODS LIKE
I CHOPP FRESH PEELED GARLIC AND MAKE CUBES OF IT . SO WHEN READY TO COOK I TAKE OUT A CUBE AND STIR FRY FOR RECIPES
ALSO TOMATOE PASTE IS SUCH A HARD THING TO DEAL WITH CAUS CANT KEEP IN A CAN SO I MAKE CUBES OF PASTE FRO THE 28 OUNCE AND LARGER CANS THEN FREEZE
BOOM IF A RECIPE CALLS ITS READY IN A SMALL EASY CUBE NOT THAT CAN MESS.
AND THE LIST GOES ON,FRESH GROUND GINGER , HERBS CUBES ETC.
ITS EASY TO WASH AND THE CUBES FREEZE HARD IN 2 HOURS OR SO THEN POOP RIGHT OUT AND STORE IN ZIPLOCK

ALSO CAN MAKE BANANA ICE CREAM TREAT S BUT NEED TOOTH PICS
on December 4, 2013
I use this container to freeze baby food for my daughter. Most of the purchased foods are fruit puree, not vegetables. I don't want to primarily feed my baby apples and pears. So I buy frozen veggies and make my own mashes, freeze them in this, then in the morning i pack her lunch of a cube, some breastmilk or formula, and baby cereal or tofu. She loves it, and I love that she's eating nutritious food with less sugar.