Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 243 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 256 reviews
on October 27, 2010
I babysit for my grandson occassionally and found it awkward to handle all the little dishes required when he started on solid foods. By the time the cereal was warm, the vegetable was cold, etc. I remembered from raising my own 3 kids these great dishes that held hot water to keep the food warm. Works good. I fill the dish with really hot water, let it sit for 5+ minutes and then add the warm food. Stays warm for the entire meal, which can be rather lengthy with little guy's hands in his mouth all the time! This is especially nice using with the food grinder and your own home cooked food. Keeps the food warm while you are all eating the same meal! I bought 2, one for me and one for my son to use.
on March 24, 2014
We make and freeze our own baby food. Pour boiling water into the warming plate. Then all we have to do is put the ice cube food into the warming plate and it thaws and keeps the food warm the entire time. Throw into the dishwasher and done.
on March 10, 2012
My wife looked all around for a baby food plate when our daughter started eating solids. She came across this plate, and now both my mom and mother in law have also bought the plate when they feed our daughter. The plate does a great job keeping the food warm, and in some instances heating it up, because if we are not at home with all of our warmers and microwave, it allows up to pour hot water into the plate, and it warms the food up.

The only negative about the plate, is that the bottom doesn't remove in order to dry out the inside where the water goes. Hopefully when we have it on our dishrack, the water drains out of it, and is not just sitting in there to spawn who knows what. I wish you were able to somehow unscrew it, but alas you can't.

But overall we love the plate, and will be using it until the real plates are used!
on January 12, 2014
This hard-to-find-in-stores warmer is the best way to keep baby's meals at the right temperature for the entire feeding. Easy to use, just pour hot water into the bottom part before putting the food in the top part and wait a couple of minutes. It's a cute color and very easy to clean by hand or in dishwasher. Also has a suction ring on the bottom (be sure to flip it upside down from how they ship it) that keeps it stuck on the high chair tray or your tabletop. And Baby loves how easy it is to scoop his food from inside the bowl's curved sides!
on January 13, 2017
I really like it. It works the same way like the one I had for my kids did. No problems with mold. I leave the flap open when I'm done with it.
on March 18, 2011
I used to use a nesting method of glass bowls and hot water to keep my baby's food warm. While this was economical, it created a lot of dishes and the worry about flailing little hands landing in the food and hot water. This plate works well but is a bit pricey. Other reviews have said they worry about not being able to fully dry the warming part of the bowl but with a butter knife, a little elbow grease and a gentle touch, it is possible to pry the bottom off to dry. This slight design flaw is annoying, especially at this price point, but I suppose it needs to be on there tight so water doesn't spill if the plate were to get tipped or removed from the suction ring. A good item to have in your barrage of baby feeding equipment.

UPDATE (2/27/12): My son is almost 2 now and instead of using the divided top portion of this plate, I am using the "water reservoir" as a bowl/plate instead. It works pretty well with the suction cup, if he doesn't rip it off his tray first. It can get a little tricky depending on the food he's eating because the sides on the bottom aren't very tall so the food doesn't always land on the spoon/fork.
on March 31, 2012
green sprouts Warming Plate, Sage.
We hav twins, so of course we bought two. Keeps heat well for baby cereal and food, great for the picky eater. One of our boys wouldn't eat baby cereal cold and my mother in law suggested a bowl like this. Worked like a charm because the only way Mr. Picky would eat baby cereal was in this bowl. We were thrilled when we found it on Amazon and thankful someone still values good products from the past because these bowls do no exist in stores. One minor flaw, I would have rated it a 4.75 if Amazon allowed it. The suction cup is too flimsy, we took them off when they were younger, so we only used that part for 3 months, when they got a little older. From everyday use to take it off to clean it has stretched out to where is doesn't fit so we can no longer use it. For most people this probably won't matter, but with twins it was awesome when it did work. And seeing as we bought and used two and it happened to both, I feel it is just too flimsy for everyday use. I would recommend it for all babies!
on May 9, 2013
I wish I had found this product sooner. My son was already well into self-feeding and finger foods when I purchased a few of these, but I got them primarily because we have no microwave. I have tried all sorts of other ways to re-heat his food, and this is probably the most convenient and simple way I have found so far. I heat water in my kettle, and--very carefully--pour it through the very tiny opening in this plate. Liquid food heats up quickly, though finger foods need more stirring and time.

I do wish the opening were larger. But it's not the end of the world.

I bet if I had this plate when my son was just starting out on solids, I would have used it all the time.
on December 6, 2013
This warming plate works perfectly for my granddaughter when she visits. I had this type of dish when my children were babies, but realized that the "baby" stores do not sell this. I was happy to find it on Amazon. One thing I would recommend is that you leave the cover opened that holds the water. This will prevent water from being trapped in the dish. This only makes sense as you would not want mold to form inside the dish. Also, if you do not want it to 'stick', just turn the rubber gasket over. I read where it comes this way and you have to turn it over to use it for suctioning, but I don't see where you can't turn it back and make it a regular dish.
on June 28, 2012
I bought this plate because the reviews said it suctions well. It does suction pretty good, just make sure you flip the suction part around on the bottom when you get it, it comes upside down. What I really dont like is the plate warmer feature. My son opens it and sticks little bits of food in which I then have to dig out. It is annoying. However it is a good quality plate, and the suction on the bottom hold the plate up high enough that it can actually be used on my space saver high chair, which has a smaller tray than a full sized high chair.