|Print List Price:||$23.95|
Save $13.96 (58%)
gunFight!: An Integrated Approach To Shooting And Fighting In Close Quarters Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Rich is able to integrate his knowledge about combatives and self-defense into a reliable, insightful primer on shooting that will significantly contribute to any serious student's performance. --Kelly McCann, Former Special Operations Marine
Richard has written a book that should be required reading for anyone carrying a firearm, espcially citizens who have chosen to carry daily. --Sgt Major Kyle E Lamb (R), Former 1st SFOD - D Delta Force Operator --This text refers to the paperback edition.
- File size : 10971 KB
- Publication date : February 11, 2016
- Publisher : Looseleaf Law Publications, Inc (February 11, 2016)
- Print length : 309 pages
- Text-to-Speech : Enabled
- Word Wise : Enabled
- X-Ray : Not Enabled
- ASIN : B01BPJQ2IS
- Screen Reader : Supported
- Enhanced typesetting : Enabled
- Lending : Enabled
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #457,557 in Kindle Store (See Top 100 in Kindle Store)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I may not agree with every technique shown/demonstrated, however I agree with 95% of the methodology and approach presented - the remaining 5% is down to personal preference rather than outright disagreement. This book should be in the library of anyone interested in and/or teaching about real-life violence. I really can't recommend it enough.
My first complaint is that the illustrations are small and it is hard to see the details of some of his defense moves.
My second complaint is that when Nance presents a defense scenario, he does not bring the reader back to a real conclusion of that scenario. For example, he may present a technique to block a grab of your gun, but he does not suggest what to do once that technique is completed.
All-in-all, this is a good book in presenting what CQC is in the real world. It has made me consider taking an unarmed self-defense class (such as Krav Maga) along with keeping my shooting skills sharp.
Based on up to date knowledge from some of the most renowned firearms and combatives instructors, and interpreted through a new integrated perspective, this book bridges the gap between the front door and that shot.
The author begins by establishing firearm safety, then proceeds into awareness and observation that can keep you out of trouble. There are no assumptions here, and no bravado. Violence is never the desired outcome.
Next, and with that context, the author explores the many possibilities one could face post contact. The book brings a focus on the combatives skills that must be employed to retain control of a weapon in a struggle. There ua no dependance upon fine motor skills. Well photographed techniques are presented which can be executed under stress in a variety of evolutions.
Training, of course, is a must. That is also described here in ascending levels of complexity. Drills are described which can help an aspiring student to become proficient, or for an instructor to incorporate.