Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed III forum

Do you have to kill wolves or other animals in this game?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 29 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 31, 2012, 7:05:22 AM PDT
Quoad Toad says:
From some of the previews, it looks like players can kill wolves and other animals in this game. My question is whether any of the missions require killing animals?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2012, 9:56:19 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 31, 2012, 9:57:05 AM PDT
PCK says:
I haven't gotten that far into the game yet so I can't answer your question but I love how your question implies that you would have a problem if the game required you to kill animals but you don't seem bothered by the mass killing of people that goes on in the game....classic.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012, 10:01:22 AM PDT
MJ says:
To answer your question... Yes you will undoubtedly have to kill animals in this game.. Considering you are playing as a Native American protagonist and hunting was an integral part of their life, it seems to make sense..

Depending on where you go in "the frontier" different animals will be in that zone from rabbits, deer, elk, wolves, bears, bobcats etc...

If it makes you feel better, you only "have to" kill wolves when they attack you... *SPOILER ALERT* one of the missions requires you to go hunting and kill animals.

Posted on Oct 31, 2012, 11:26:27 AM PDT
I hope so !!!

Posted on Oct 31, 2012, 9:16:52 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 31, 2012, 9:17:18 PM PDT]

Posted on Oct 31, 2012, 9:17:25 PM PDT
Kisstina21 says:
Well I can tell you that you do kill wolves. Not sure about other animals yet, I haven't gotten that far. But one mission requires you kill the wolves and not lose more that 50% health, and let me tell you what, the little boogers are fast!

Posted on Nov 1, 2012, 7:22:55 AM PDT
Quoad Toad says:
It's too bad you have to kill animals in this game. I hate killing realistic looking animals in games.

Posted on Nov 2, 2012, 7:07:42 AM PDT
it's a bunch of pixels on a screen , lighten up

Posted on Nov 3, 2012, 10:55:06 PM PDT
Well technically in the scientific terms, humans are animals too, and since this game is called "Assassin's Creed III", yes, you probably do have to kill animals.
But on a serious note, you are looking at the wrong game if you are worried about some wolves or rabbits being killed...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 8:17:08 AM PST
Quoad Toad says:
I loved the Assassin's Creed II, so I don't mind violence against humans. It's illogical, I know, but I just hate killing non-human animals in games (if the animals look realistic).

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 6:20:25 PM PST
Jake says:
Yeah you definitely will. but what's the big deal? People do it in real life! It looks realistic yes, but that's what Native Americans did! Think of it this way....if you don't kill them, they EAT YOU!

Posted on Nov 6, 2012, 5:26:26 PM PST
Cars&Guitars says:
If you want to make money, even a little, you will NEED to kill animals. Connor takes their pelts, meat, heart, brain, etc. to trade in at the General store for cash. The money making system in this game is drastically different from AC2/Brotherhood. There are chests strewn all over the cities yes, but they require lockpicking in order to open it. And you won't get any money from completing missions, either. Money comes in much slower in AC3, so if you are broke and in dire need of some British Pounds, whip out your weapons and go hunting some animals. Sorry but that's how it goes.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 8:51:10 AM PST
Mali says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012, 8:51:59 AM PST
Mali says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 13, 2012, 9:37:22 AM PST
I quit playing frogger because the alligator ate all those poor frogs...soooo sad

Posted on Nov 14, 2012, 7:56:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012, 7:32:45 AM PST
Tenface says:
Ok so some people don't want to kill animals in a video game, even if it's a bear attacking you but it's okay to kill humans because they're trying to take over the world, I get that, kind of. My question is what about all the normal soldiers that aren't part of this evil plot, the ones unlucky enough to just be in the way? I mean the vast majority of the people you kill are just poor regular guys trying to feed and protect their family. If it's wrong to kill animals that are trying to kill you b/c that's the way they survive, then it's wrong to kill humans that are trying to kill you b/c that's their job. For the people who are so concerned with killing a fictional animal, do you avoid killing ANY humans except the ones directly involved with the templars? I don't see how the logic works out if you don't.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012, 8:52:52 AM PST
Britt K says:
I guess it's all in what you're used to. I grew up in a family where hunting was part of life. My dad took all four kids hunting to see if we liked it. My sisters did not, me and my brother did mostly (aside from waking up at the a$$-crack of dawn). We didn't set out into the woods to kill anything in our path, we went to find food. We ate what we killed. Granted, we didn't use near as much of the animal as early native americans did, but we did not kill just for the sake of killing. Whether that's right or wrong is a matter of opinion, but I get the feeling, given the protagonist's background, that his intent is not to "kill innocent creatures" but to prolong his survival through those creatures. Just my two cents...

Posted on Nov 14, 2012, 8:57:13 PM PST
Quoad Toad says:

Posted on Nov 23, 2012, 10:57:05 PM PST
D says:
This is pretty typical. In any given R rated movie the audience barely batts an eye when people get butchered up, shot, and otherwise maimed. Audiences will totally lose their #%^ the moment fido bites the dust though...it's just how it goes.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012, 11:42:13 PM PST
Leon-Gun says:
Connor is a Native American... guess what their life entailed? Yep, hunting. He was raised with the mentality that he HAD to kill animals to survive. I wonder how many of the people crying about the poor cuddly animals they have to slaughter are pure vegetarians who never ate a single pound of meat. Even if you didn't kill it, that piece of meat came from an animal, an animal that was likely killed in a very gruesome way.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012, 9:03:07 AM PST
Quoad Toad says:
This is a video game. I wouldn't want to kill babies in a game either and I can't think of any games that even show babies, let alone have to kill them. There are lots of unpleasant things in life that aren't included in games, such as going to the bathroom. Very few people want babies or bathroom breaks in games even though they are part of life, so I don't understand why the developers chose to include the killing of animals in this game. I expect to kill people in an "Assassin's Creed" game, not animals.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012, 11:23:05 AM PST
Tenface says:
You can't compare killing babies to killing animals, it is ridiculous for multiple reasons. Humanity NEEDS to kill animals to survive, if we stopped eating animals then we'd starve. The human race can survive without killing babies.

Most American Indians from that time period killed animals, I'm guessing most didn't kill babies for the fun of it. In this specific game the killing of animals is a way to gain money, you can sell the animal parts by themselves or craft other items to sell. The hunting and killing of animals provides a semi realistic economy for the players. What logical purpose would killing babies or going to the bathroom play in this game? The killing of animals in this game adds something to the game in a positive way that killing babies or taking a crap would not. To sum up no normal thinking person would equate killing a wolf that is attacking you to killing a new born baby.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 12, 2012, 4:12:06 PM PST
Watcher says:
I'm absolutely astounded that this thread is actually here about an Assassin's Creed game. Absolutely flabbergasting! Hell, the Mayans may be right!

Posted on Dec 23, 2012, 7:59:23 AM PST
Wow, I'm getting a great laugh reading these posts. There's really someone here worried about killing animals in a video game? That is pretty sad. Guess you wouldn't want to play Red Dead Redemption lol.... And its also great that you compare killing civilians to killing animals, that makes perfect sense. I'm guessing your next comment will say something like "animals don't have wars" lmao. Oh and lots of video games have babies in them, even babies being killed, but I don't recall any that you do the killing as the character you play. Call of Duty has a level where you slaughter hundreds of people in a busy airport... There one huge thing that bothers me: do we really live in a world where people can't separate a video game from reality? Guess that was a stupid question....

Posted on Jan 4, 2013, 12:22:16 PM PST
CraigC says:
You're a friggin' assassin. Your job is to kill people, oftentimes lots of them. How many do you have to kill to liberate a fort??? We truly live in a screwed up world where people are okay with that but not killing critters. So detached from reality.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  20
Total posts:  29
Initial post:  Oct 31, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,170)