Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc
Does the heating start up at the programmed time or does it start earlier to be at the set temperature at the start time?
asked by Kinsey Millhone, P.I. on February 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
You can actually program it to do either one. There's a setting in the back. I found this out by accident when I was wondering why the heat kept starting a few minutes early!
dinadirections answered on February 28, 2013
Comment (1) | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
From the manual:
7) With the Auto Recovery feature enabled, you do not
need to set your comfort program times early. Auto
Recovery will determine how early to turn your
system on, so that the room is comfortable at the
program time.
see http://www.hunterfan.com/uploadedFiles/Support/Downloads/44550.pdf
K. Laughery answered on March 1, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It starts earlier to be at set temperature. The display shows RECV during this time as it is in "Recovery" mode. Smart thermostat. This is also discussed in the instructions.
C. Chandler answered on February 28, 2013
Comments (5) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The thermostat has settings to do either. For instance, it will either start at 8:00 am if that is the set time, or if you set it to Recovery mode, it will make sure the heat is up to temperature for 8:00 am.
T.H. answered on February 28, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It starts at the programmed time if the temperature is lower than the setting. Example, if it is winter and I have the heat set to be 70 and the temp at night which between midnight and 6:30am I have set to 65, if the temp is let than the 70 at 6:30 then the heat will kick on. We don't get up until about 7am so I set the morning start a half hour early.

This was a great buy for about thirty dollars. My typical winter G&E bill last year averaged $300 a month. This year I have been between $200-210. It more than paid for itself in the month of December alone.
GolfNFool18 answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I gave up on the Hunter prgrammable thermostat and now have a LUX T9100 model. If I remember right, it comes on a little earlier.
Geraldine Evankovich answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
By the say, highest gas bill has been $130 tops in Arkansas.
Red Robin answered on March 1, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The fan kicks on first at the programmed time. Then when it gets hot enough in the heat exchanger, the heat flows thru the vents.
Red Robin answered on March 1, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The heating starts at the programmed time.
Ashish Shah answered on February 28, 2013
Comment (1) | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You program the time the thermostat starts and stops the heater. It is not smart enough to plan ahead.
Dexter answered on February 28, 2013
Comment (1) | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product