Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno
I am an artist and I rely heavily on programs like Photoshop and Illustrator. Would I be better off with the 4G or the 8G? Does it matter?
asked by A. Riggs on December 28, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 12 answers
A
yes, it REALLY MATTER! You should buy 8G! Heavily programs use much RAM! (Sorry bad english)
Jose answered on December 28, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I assume you are referring to the system RAM? If so, then yes it matters. RAM (Random Access Memory) allows the computer to run more programs and functions at the same time. I believe this particular Macbook Pro only goes up to 8GB of RAM. You can install the RAM yourself or have an Apple dealer install it for you. I don't think Amazon offers a different model with the installed 8GB of RAM. If so then go for it, assuming you have the cash for the purchase. I hope this helps.
Alex Cruz answered on December 28, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ahma answered on December 28, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
4g is ok 8 is better. But don't buy it from apple. Buy the laptop and add the extra ram. You can watch a video on YouTube on how to install it.
E. Taheri answered on December 28, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you are referring to the RAM, you should get the 8 gb. Everything will still function without it but you can do more at the same time, and images will render faster with more ram. I purchased the 4 gb but plan on upgrading.
DaDaChoo answered on December 28, 2012

A
The higher RAM's memory the better. 4G is good enough however as you are planning to use Photoshop and Illustrator it would be a good idea to increase up to 8G so you can have an ideal performance. If you can afford 8G you should go with this option. RAM to a PC is like oxygen to a sportsman...
Alex answered on December 28, 2012

A
For photo editing and stuff, i would recommend you to go for 8 gigs of ram. It really helps
Sudeep Kumar Moharana answered on December 28, 2012

A
8G the more room you have to better for your art.
Marcus answered on December 28, 2012

A
In my opinion go with the higher number RAM which, in this case, is 8G. I recently purchased a MacBook Pro. It came pre-installed with 4G, then I went online, bought more memory and upgraded it to 8 myself. You save alot of $$ by doing it that way.
S. Krohn answered on December 29, 2012

A
I think 4 Gb are enough
Todericiu Dragos answered on December 29, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product