Workplace Solutions Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc  Every Time I Die Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Halloween Amazon Cash Back Offer Transparent Transparent Transparent  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now 20% off select baby clothing, gear, and more

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 71 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 8, 2008 3:07:18 PM PST
M. Marshall says:
We just bought Wii DDR: Hottest Party. We cannot connect it to our Wii. The game, the box, and the dance pad all say they are for Wii, but the connector from the dance pad is a semi-circle shape while the opening on the Wii is rectangular and slim. They will not connect?? What to do?? Is there a special adaptor? What's up here?

Thanks for any help!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2008 4:48:01 PM PST
At the top of your wii you got gamecube connection you plug you pad there

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 22, 2008 10:08:50 PM PDT
When your wii is in the supported stand which makes it stand up vertically there is a craftily hidden door/panel on the top of the wii. Open that panel and it will display four ports that fit your DDR mat. I spent 30 minutes cussing before I found it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2008 9:28:13 AM PST
SRH says:
THANK YOU!!!!!!! I was so frustrated, and the kids were saying Gamecube is not the same as Wii, so I was all set to buy some kind of adaptor.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2008 9:34:20 AM PST
M. S. Murphy says:
Thank you for that, I was getting really mad!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2008 2:22:26 PM PST
Thanks so much, we only spent 15 minutes cussing and rummaging through the Christmas trash thinking we must have thrown out the directions

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2009 1:48:52 PM PST
Thanks guys, for your help. I was getting mad as well. I even had to move my big ol tv out and look at the back to see if i was supposed to plug it in there. I saw the top flap in the back of the wii console, but didn't see the first one until I read this, so thanks so much!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 19, 2009 5:24:21 PM PST
Thank you!!! We would have never found it without you!

Posted on Feb 27, 2009 6:27:51 PM PST
M. Riggall says:
how do i sync up a wireless wii ddr dance pad made by intec? i have four of them?

Posted on Apr 25, 2009 7:37:24 PM PDT
my wii don't have a port to conect dance pad, when i open on the top there is 2 ports that a long shape like a slot to conect some kind of game card or something, but there is no 4 ports for the dance pad.. i am sooooo frustrated.. do i have to buy some kind of cables for that?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2009 1:53:07 AM PDT
Same happened to me - there is another, larger, door towards the front of the Wii which hides the 4 GameCube ports. Look and you'll find them. This post was very useful to me, thanks a lot!
Wim.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2009 12:32:05 PM PST
preggymom says:
sooo helpful..thank you for sharing this simple information yet it means a lot to all of us who has no idea that there are ports on top of the wi for iti..hahahah..you save us from all the confusions .I almost lost my wits and return the pad..so impatient of me...God bless!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2009 4:34:36 PM PST
JoAnn West says:
That's not it either!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 24, 2009 4:35:07 PM PST
JoAnn West says:
Nope, not that one either!! ERRRRRR!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 14, 2010 7:05:26 PM PST
The best advice available on the problem. I felt stupid (totally) until I found the simple solution provided by Mr. Swift. Thank you, Robert for showing all of us the 'how to' of the Wii console. You Rock!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 27, 2010 4:29:32 PM PST
Shila Truett says:
Where it says memory card?

Posted on Jan 27, 2010 4:32:03 PM PST
Shila Truett says:
This was very helpful thank god for chats like this I was looking at the memory card slot and didn't know there was a whole nother flap to open... lol they sure know how to hide that stuff

Posted on Apr 10, 2010 2:26:35 PM PDT
Thanks, I to did not relize there was ports on top of the wii untill I bought a DDR. Would have never found it untill I did a search for this. Thanks a bunch. I do not even remember the wii instructions saying these ports were there.

Posted on Apr 16, 2010 11:55:46 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 16, 2010 12:03:37 PM PDT]

Posted on May 24, 2010 4:40:02 AM PDT
Johnny says:
Wonderful, I was so disapointed, but thanks to you I solve my problem, Ja ja ja

Johnny

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 18, 2010 10:37:50 AM PDT
Manologwapo says:
thank you very much

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2010 4:29:37 PM PST
great guys this was veryy helpfull.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2011 11:48:59 AM PST
Amjmom says:
whoo hoo! I went to the store and was asking them where the adapter was...I looked all over an only found the two ports like the person above too! but thanks to all the posts here...I FINALLY FOUND IT!!! yay! I jumped around and woo hoo'd for ten minutes! Thanks everybody

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 7, 2011 1:39:41 PM PST
i must have a different ddr pad. Mine has three different connectors but none that fit either of the doors mentioned....

Posted on Mar 27, 2011 12:34:10 PM PDT
Techweenie says:
This post save me a 30 Mile drive to find a Game Cube adaptor, No where on DDR instructions do they actually show where the Game cube Ports are, Ironiclly and Lame they show Power and CD slot is Duh ?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  62
Total posts:  71
Initial post:  Mar 8, 2008
Latest post:  Feb 18, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

This discussion is about