Salon Beauty Summer Reading Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Electronics Gift Guide Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now SWMTVT18_gno

on September 21, 2016
Simple, cheap and very effective way to get MCU remote capabilities for virtually every DAW

For $5 you can't go wrong with this app. It's the most simple DAW remote I've ever setup and it works great for Studio One, Sonar Platinum, Bitwig and Ableton. TouchDAW is also one of the few apps I've used that has never crashed on me. I've tested the USB tethering feature and that works great but I mostly use it over Wifi. I have various MIDI controllers, mostly designed for Ableton (my DAW of choice) and trying to get them to function in other software has caused me migraines (with the exception of Bitwig- thanks to their community support). I was debating about purchasing a Behringer X-Touch, but it doesn't make sense anymore when TouchDAW has the same features, and doesn't cost $600 (not to mention that you can find more uses for a tablet). I've decided that buying anymore dedicated hardware interfaces for music software seems ridiculous now, since a new device comes out every week. With apps like this or Splashtop XDisplay, which can turn your tablet into an extended touch display to dock your faders, etc, and give you tactile-like control. To be honest though, if you are only planning to use this on a phone, I don't see much of a point. But if you are getting into music production and are sick of always using a mouse to mix your tracks, I suggest picking up a cheap tablet with a decent sized screen and make TouchDAW your first app purchase. Considering the time, money and effort you'll be saving yourself, you'll be glad you did.
on January 13, 2016
I use TouchDAW on my Android phone to control my DAW when recording vocals. It works great and was very easy to set up. It does take a couple of clicks in the audio/midi setup at the beginning of a session, but the price is very low and it works quite smoothly, so for the benefit of being able to tun a session without being at the desk it is well worth it. It provides different functions, but I use it mainly for transport controls when recording my own vocals.
4 people found this helpful
on March 19, 2017
Purchased this app a while ago to control my DAW so I don't have to sit in the control room while recording, works well on my phone so I purchased a Lenovo Android tablet and would you figure, doesn't work. I keep getting the error, you must be logged into the app store to run this app. I installed Amazon underground and I am launching it from there and still get the same error. I'm beside myself I would never had bought this tablet if I knew it would not run on it... LP
on March 1, 2018
I use Sonar X2 Producer and Tracktion T6. I couldn't get it to work on Sonar, but as for Tracktion it works awesome makes it so much easier to work around my daw.
on May 2, 2017
Didn't work for Ableton or Logic Pro.
on March 20, 2013
It's not perfect. It's a bit awkward to use. But it rocks! I can use it in protools and in propellorhead reason now! I really didn't want to go get a midi keyboard for it. I can hammer in the basics and use the program to polish it up.
on April 11, 2014
Glad to find an App that really does the job. Looking forward to any updates.
It saved me money big time as I was looking into buying a Control Service for Sonar...
This did the trickkkkk!
on December 25, 2016
So far it has been working like promised..Havent run into any bugs yet but if I do I will repost something about it later...
Mac OSX, El Capitan
Logic Pro X
on August 2, 2014
Nice little program. Not a big fan of the GUI but it lets me control Pro Tools using my tablet from anywhere in my house!
on December 7, 2016
worth the low price and then some