Truck Reviews HPC Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on December 9, 2012
As mentioned in other reviews, this case does fit snugly, but part of the speakers are covered. It has a really strong chemical smell that diminishes over time. I would have gladly paid double for a leather case like this, but there are none available at this time. No one else mentioned that the Nexus 10 has to go into the case upside down, in my opinion. Every other tablet case I've used has the hinge on top when using the tablet, not on the bottom. I want the power button and volume rocker on top when using the tablet as it is very awkward to have try to hit the buttons on the bottom. I know this is subjective. This has a 3 year warranty, but I can't see it lasting that long. The sleep mode works perfectly for my case. Finally, the sellers shipping method is entirely unacceptable in this day and age. I ordered on November 23rd and did not get the case until December 7th.
on November 30, 2012
The Right Speaker is partially covered..i-Blason commented that it was made for the Nexus 10, but it wasn't made expressly for the Nexus 10. In fact, it is almost identical to the Samsung Tablet case..except the front panel has been modified (poorly) and sleep/wake added. The panel straps on the right side should have been positioned differently...like the left would have done it.

The fit is TIGHT..the white/gray stitching makes it look cheap, but it was necessary to match the inside panel...it is not a premium case....it is not a low end case....it is the case you use until SPECK Products makes a FitFolio for the Nexus 10.

Mine arrives by USPS...all beat to hell...no protection whatsoever...just shipped in plastic. i-Blason has now fixed this shipping detail.

This case was not a custom manufactured case for the Nexus 10...it is the Samsung Tablet case...modified front...badly to fit a Nexus 10...kind-of....with sleep wake function...Although...i-Blason says that they did design it specifically for the Nexus 10....then why is the right speaker 1/3 covered?

It does protect the tablet...and the craftsmanship is top notch....it serves it's purpose. It is just not the quality someone who has paid $550.00+ for a tablet would want...but again the cost of the cover was low.

I upgraded it one star...to "it's okay" because it is....but it could have been better...easily...at no extra cost.

updated Dec. 8, 2012

After receiving several other Nexus 10 cases...I have upgraded this case 1 more star...to 'I like it' just because....'I Like It...a little better than SupCase'... Supcase had a nice feel, but i-Blason has better craftsmanship. Supcase was sloppy on the sewing, but nice material. FINTIE Slim Case is the best inexpensive case - with all cut-outs correct (including speakers) and good craftsmanship.

To-date there is no premium case available for the Nexus 10. I actually prefer the Faux Suede Sleeve by CaseCrown over any of the cases available so far...waiting for something better.
37 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on December 2, 2012
REVIEW UPDATED:

My initial elation on slots for speakers were short-lived
"What surprised me was the slots for speakers were also alright and I did not notice any sound distortion or muffling."

I compared the sound output of my Nexus in the case with my friend's without the case and there was a distinct difference. When I removed the tablet from the case, the two tablets sounded similar.

I am really sad that the speaker slots marred what is otherwise a really really good case.

One other minor glitch is that the case feels really loose on the Nexus 10 tablet compared to my friend's Poetic case. I am wondering whether I should return this case.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To begin, let me say that the delivery was way off time. But the customer service did respond instantly to my queries and eventually the product was delivered. And I can vouch that it was worth the wait.

The black case looks classy and fits extremely well to the Nexus 10 providing all the slots at the right place for fron, back camera, mic, micro HDMI, micro USB and headphone jack.

The auto sleep / wake also works perfectly and the bonus stylus is good. The overall case construct and build is really good and it doesn't feel like a cheap case. In fact just the contrary.

A couple of concerns that take away one star are
- The new case has a strong chemical odor and I hope it wears off eventually.
- The lining for the top part of the tablet can be reduced a further to allow swiping for notifications easily. Though I do not face any trouble getting the notifications but a little more space would have been perfect.

All in all, at $10 this is just an awesome deal for the Nexus 10 owners
on December 9, 2012
Overall, I am disappointed with the case and will be returning it.

PROS:
1) Nice snug fit for the tablet.
2) Thin & relatively light.
3) Bonus stylus/pen works well.

CONS:
1) The right speaker is blocked by the case. There is some sort of cutout on that side, but it misses the part of the speaker grille where the sound actually originates (most of the speaker grille on the nexus 10 is decorative and the sound only comes out of the top part).
2) When using the "stand" mode (having tucked the cover into the flap on the back), the case is not stable in the more horizontal position. It is fine in the more vertical position. I use the more horizontal position for typing, however, and the case's instability in this position makes typing frustrating.
3) The case reeks of some sort of chemical. It also seems to leave my fingers feeling slick after I have touched it, as if there is some sort of oily chemical coating it.
4) It takes too long to ship. I ordered on 11/24 and received a shipping confirmation on 11/26 stating that the case would be delivered between 11/29-12/4. I contacted them on 12/5 since the case hadn't been delivered and the tracking status on USPS hadn't changed since the shipping confirmation ("The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 26, 2012 to expect your package for mailing."). This seemed to indicate that the USPS hadn't even received the case yet. i-BLASON responded on 12/6 stating that the case had left the warehouse. They didn't offer any sort of explanation or apology for the fact that the delivery window had already passed. The case was finally delivered on 12/7, almost two weeks after I placed the order.
on April 1, 2013
This case features a nice leather finish and a high arch when acting as a stand. The included stylus / pen combination is also excellent for those who enjoy programs like sketchbook pro as it has a nice little slot for storing the pen.

Another nice feature of the case is the magnet that suspends the tablet when it is shut. This saves battery and really works well.

I recommend this for any one looking to protect their Nexus 10 as it is very well suited to protecting your investment.
on March 9, 2013
I bought this case specifically because it included a "stylus". The case is so-so, good but not great. The supposed stylus is nothing but a standard twist ballpoint pen. It does not work at all as a stylus on my Google Nexus 10 tablet. Since the case is specifically designed for the Nexus 10 you would think the "stylus" should work with the Nexus 10. I almost returned this product because of this but decided for the price I would at least give the case a chance. It does have the elastic stylus loop which most other cases do not. I may yet return this case for a better one. I have already ordered a new stylus from a different vendor.
on September 17, 2014
For the price its a great case but its not as flexible as other cases in the number of positions it can be placed. Works well on a desk but not so much on your lap. Great for landscape but useless for portrait viewing. The material is decent and workmanship is typical mediocre factory production, but again for the price how can you complain.
on December 3, 2012
The auto sleep/wake functionality works only intermittently, the two angles for the stand are awkward, and there is an overpowering chemical smell coming from the case which both irritated my eyes and gave me a splitting headache. My wife could smell the fumes from across the room, it was that bad.

All in all, this is a disappointing case which I will only use until something better comes along.
on October 23, 2015
It would have a wonderful cover if only it was the right size. It was for a seven inch while I had ordered a cover for a ten inch. They acknowledged the error and that's the last I heard.
on February 22, 2016
I will always get a 3rd party case. I was happy with 3rd party cases since I have bought one for my MP4 player. I bought this one for my Nexus 10. It closes nicely via magnets, and it comes with the stylus. Cheap and well-made.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.