BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 21, 2012
I purchased the frosty matte finish i-Blason shell case cover for my retina MBP. I found that it fits the retina MBP very well and from my observations, will protect this device from scratches and minor bumps. The only drawback that I found with this case is that through normal every day handling, there is a tendency for smudges to really stick out on this case. While I fully expect fingerprints and what not to show up on this case from every day use, I did not count on very, very obvious smudges that make the case look like it's frosty matte finish is rubbing off. It takes a damp/wet cloth to remove the obvious smudges and fingerprints although they will show up again the next time you pick up your rMBP.

Don't get me wrong, this case serves it's purpose well in providing protection for my retina MBP, but it's a shame that it can't look good at the same time (unless you wear gloves). If you don't particularly care for aesthetics and aren't bothered by the kind of smudges and fingerprints that can be seen on this thing from a mile away, you'll be real happy with this case. For me, I am getting tired of having to clean the smudges off everytime I use my rMBP. I am definitely going to get something better when it becomes available.
review image review image
on January 20, 2014
1) The product does protect the computer while the cover lasts
2) After 12 months of use the left snap broke
3) After 15 months of use the left edge on the bottom cover began to separate from the rest of the cover
4) The seller does not stand behind their product. After contacting i-Blason about the issues I received the following response "Update for Case #6002 - "New Warranty Inquiry From Customer"

Dear Customer,

Your order was placed with Fulfillment By Amazon. Please contact Amazon Customer Service for issues with this order. Go to www.amazon.com, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link "Contact Us".

Regards
CSR"
5) Specks are still on other students' computers they had when they began school two and a half years ago.
on August 3, 2012
This Macbook case fits perfectly on my new 15" retina display Macbook Pro. I also really like the color... It definitely is not that bright pink from the main photo (which is what I originally wanted, but oh well), but the other photos give you a pretty good idea of what it will look like.

My only beef is that you can see fingerprints on the case after closing the computer or from carrying it around. Being as anal as I am, that bothers me a little.

Still, I'm happy with this product! If it ever gets worn out, I'll probably get another one. Maybe try out a new color. :-)
on August 17, 2012
Case fits very well. Had a little trouble with the fit at first (no install directions with the product) until I realized I had to install the back first so the small tabs, that hold the case in place, engaged. Once I figured this out the case fit well and stayed in place. No issue with interior flaws as described by a previous reviewer but can see how it could happen. The fit is so tight that even a small flaw would cause it to be off. Have used it for several hours on my lap, no cooling stand, and have not had any over heating issues. The vents across the entire bottom seem to be working well. Case is not as bright a pink as displayed in the opening splash shot, as identified by a previous reviewer. I actually ordered it based on the much more subdued color in the other shots, more of a mauve color that a hot pink. Case seems manufactured to to the job, protect the finish of my MBP. Would not expect it to protect it from a fall as it is not the intent of the product. For a case designed to protect the aluminum case of my MBP it seems to do a fine job. If you want a case to protect from falls, drops, mishandling this is not your case.
on August 20, 2012
What a really beautiful case for my Macbook pro retina 2012 display. The cover is frosted and when I received it it was well packaged and protected in shrink wrap. It fits my computer absolutely perfect and actually adds to the beauty of this Mac...besides protecting it. I relied on other feedback for this product and it was totally accurate. It was received a day early than scheduled. I love it and if you are looking to protect your investment without sacrificing the appearance (actually adding to the appearance) of the macbook..... don't hesitate to purchase. By the way the APPLE still glows thru the frosted cover....LOOKS GREAT! Thanks to the dealer for a speedy delivery and secure packing in addition to a wonderful product. 5++++
Joey
on August 20, 2012
The case came wrapped in plastic without labeling or anything. It fits very well and it is lightweight. The black color is good looking and semi-transperant. The apple logo is visible thru the cover especially when illuminated. The corners are a bit rough, but not that bad. Overall I think it is not a bad product. I am not sure about the durability yet. It is easy to remove the case and wash it, if needed. I have Incipio feather case on my MBA and it is awesome, however Incipio haven't released rMBP case yet, so I think this one is not a bad replacement.

REVISED: after a year of usage: it start cracking here and there without specifically been hit hard. It is 13.5 oz heavy. It is glossy on the inside. It is easy to put on and remove, but doesn't fall on it own. Doesn't get sticky with the use. Overall still it is OK, but I am not very happy with the chipping and breaking and the weight. By the way it is one of the few that has ventilation openings on the bottom, which I consider a better feature.
on August 17, 2012
The cover is made of seemingly durable material, it looks pretty solid and is depicted accurately in the product images. All in all the thing is just a case, and it fulfills all its protecting duties very well. I do have a few small complaints that I wish I would have considered when I placed my order.

1. Some people have noted that the case covers pretty close to the USB and Thunderbolt connectors and this might be a problem for 'bigger' connectors. I did not see this being an issue until I connected my old power cord through one of the official Apple MagSafe adaptors... It works, but it sits at a funky angle.

2. The plastic goes a bit high on the arm rests and is currently cutting into my arms a bit as I write this. I'm going to sand it down a bit with a dremel tool, but seeing as this is a review for an apple accessory, this might not be an option for everyone.

Good case for the price, but I'm sure there is something better out there.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 30, 2012
So its Sunday night, and im going through amazon writing reviews for all my purchased items, and id have to say this case has been just awesome so far. I was waiting for the SPECK matte case to come out but just couldn't wait. Ended up buying the black i-blason case for my new retina, and i love it. Smooth to the touch, looks sleek, you can still see the apple logo through the case, and there is no HUNGE branding on the case. very simple and sleek.

Matte finish over time will show some grease from hands, from normal use, but with a simple wipe from a cloth, who-la! gone!

My friend ended up getting the speck once it came out, quality case, but theres something about the simplicity of the i-blason that i just love. Would definitely recommend.
on August 10, 2012
This keep the lines on the retina display macbook thin..as they should be..I bought it to resist scratches and protect my computer from the
Wear and tear of being carried around all day. I love the feel of the case and would say it is fairly priced.

If it Hits a surface hard enough damage could still occur to the computer. Hopefully the SSD can take the lick and move on...

If your are looking for peace of mind from minor scratches and bump without altering the form of the Mac book this is a good option.

If anything changes I'll update my post.

Several months of use and I'm still happy to report it's a solid case. I've done some heavy gaming, and the case has not hindered the cooling in any way.
on December 4, 2013
I bought this last year for my then new 15" retina MacBook Pro. I liked the easy installation and the fact that the finish was slightly rubbery (no slip surface). Early this year, I decided to get a more expensive Speck see-through hard shell case, partly because of the neat color and their reputation.

The Speck case has a shiny finish and is slippery, and it is definitely thicker, so my MacBook Pro no longer fits into the neoprene zipper case that I was using.

I have decided to go back to using the i-Blason case so that I can once again use my neoprene zipper case.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.