i-Blason Matte Shell Case Cover for New Macbook Pro Retina Display (2012 June Release) 15 inch 15.4" Ultra Slim (Blue)
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- i-Blason (TM) logo bearing premium hard semi-transparent case for Macbook with Retina Display Pro 15 inch 15.4"
- Light-weight(less than 10 oz or 285g) snap-on protective hard shell case for 15.4-inch Aluminum Unibody MacBook Pro With Retina Play.
- Custom designed to fit the new Aluminum MacBook Pro perfectly. All ports, battery test button and DVD drive are accessible.
- Four rubberized STEADY POINT design feets provide stability and anti-slippery function on any surface
- Shark gills design openings at the bottom of the case for bettery ventilation and heat management
- emi-transparent durable body material let the lights travel through to show off your Apple illumination logo in the back
- Multi-colors to choose from for your own taste
Top Customer Reviews
My only beef is that you can see fingerprints on the case after closing the computer or from carrying it around. Being as anal as I am, that bothers me a little.
Still, I'm happy with this product! If it ever gets worn out, I'll probably get another one. Maybe try out a new color. :-)
However, heres a few issues I have with the case.
- Due to the shipping conditions, mine had a couple of minor defects where the case pieces were rubbing together. Now, this wouldn't normally be an issue, however, the top piece (what people would normally see anyway) was the one that received the damage. Now I realize that this isn't an actual problem with the case itself, however, the seller was negligent by placing the case in a plastic envelope with no padding rather than boxing it, or placing it in a envelope lined with bubble wrap.
- The back corners are not covered, only the front corners.
- The rubber feet on the bottom just seem to be small, round foam pieces attached to the bottom of the case. Since I got the matte black case, these pieces stick out as they are white. Also, these seem to allow the computer to move around much easier than the OEM ones on the bottom of the computer.
- Edges where the case was cut are somewhat sharp, especially around the front corners.
Now, on to what's good about the case...
- Fits very well, everything snaps on perfectly, and my new computer seems well protected.
- Great finish on the case - there are no defects when it comes to the matte (rubber) finish.
- VENT HOLES. I've noticed that some of the cases on here did not have the ribbed openings on the bottom that allowed heat from your computer to dissipate, this one has them.
- Cut to where there's ample access to the USB, power, etc. (And for the computer's built in vent holes on the bottom)
- Apple logo on the back still shows through when the computer is on.
Overall, this is a good case. I'll try to post a couple of pictures here in a few minutes...
Don't get me wrong, this case serves it's purpose well in providing protection for my retina MBP, but it's a shame that it can't look good at the same time (unless you wear gloves). If you don't particularly care for aesthetics and aren't bothered by the kind of smudges and fingerprints that can be seen on this thing from a mile away, you'll be real happy with this case. For me, I am getting tired of having to clean the smudges off everytime I use my rMBP. I am definitely going to get something better when it becomes available.
2) After 12 months of use the left snap broke
3) After 15 months of use the left edge on the bottom cover began to separate from the rest of the cover
4) The seller does not stand behind their product. After contacting i-Blason about the issues I received the following response "Update for Case #6002 - "New Warranty Inquiry From Customer"
Your order was placed with Fulfillment By Amazon. Please contact Amazon Customer Service for issues with this order. Go to www.amazon.com, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the link "Contact Us".
5) Specks are still on other students' computers they had when they began school two and a half years ago.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The case fit perfectly for my 15inch macbook pro. There are rubber traction pads at the bottom of the case that easily fall off. But overall, I am very happy with the case. Read morePublished on April 26, 2014 by Marissa B.
First of all the it does not look anything like the picture.
Pro: Protect as stated. Fits nicely
Cons: This case is not glossy like the picture its more... Read more
It did not fit my Mac it was to small they made it a 1/2 inch to small in both length and width.Published on December 9, 2013 by Kindle Customer
I bought this last year for my then new 15" retina MacBook Pro. I liked the easy installation and the fact that the finish was slightly rubbery (no slip surface). Read morePublished on December 4, 2013 by gobluefan from OH
The black matte finish has a rich feel to it and I especially like the way the applelight shines through when I am using the Mac at the local Starbucks.Published on September 22, 2013 by Barwat
Ordered two Mac covers. One was black amd one was hot pink. Was happy woth the black. But totally disappointed with the pink. It wasnt even close to the color. More like peach.Published on August 25, 2013 by C.R.
Wow, I had to write about my personal experience with this case out of frustration and anger. When I received it, each part was all in one piece however, within two weeks it... Read morePublished on May 31, 2013 by B. Murphy
I got this in August and use it every day on my laptop. It does a pretty good job and only has a small crack in the corner where I dropped it. Read morePublished on April 9, 2013 by Leapsalmon