Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 62 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 69 reviews
on October 26, 2013
We bought this and couldn't make it work with the App. After searching on-line we found that there are multiple apps on the iStore that all look alike. The one you need is "i-spy toy" from Happy Cow. The instructions tell you to get the I-spy Tank app but this one did not work. Once we got the right app, it works as advertised. The video is a little blurry but it's good enough. Also make sure you first connect your iphone to the wifi signal from the Tank. The light on the right side will get brighter (same brightness as the left light) when you connect properly.
on December 5, 2013
For the price, it's a great deal...
Pros...
1) The camera is better than I expected, and the update rate is good as long as you're line of sight.
2) The controls are straight forward
3) some users complained about ground clearance, but I haven't had any problems climbing over obstacles as long as I hit them with the tread. If you've ever done any 4 wheeling, you know you can't drive over anything you want, sometimes you have to put a tire on the obstacle to get the clearance you need. Same deal here

Cons...
1) The turret can be raised and lowered to allow you to look up at any angle up to about 45deg. For some reason (might just be my tank) the servo seems to have trouble making it look up. It struggles like it might not make it. I thought it might need to break in a bit, but it's still doing it after a few hours of run time. I might get more aggressive, and try to apply some graphite to the hinge points.
2) it loses connection with the IPhone every once in a while, but usually picks back up again after 10 or 15 seconds. I did have to power it off and back on one time to restore the connection. Not sure what that was all about.
3) The range is about 20 - 30 ft if inside the house, and in another room.
4) the lights are useless in the dark... I purchased a small 90 lumen AAA light, and taped it to the side of the tank for dark running. I wanted to tape it to the turret, but the servo is so weak, the light prevents the turret from rising.
on December 28, 2013
We bought this for our ten year old son for Christmas. The packaging was iffy upon arrival. The zip ties that hold down inside of the box were already cut off. I suspected that this was not 'new' as advertised. But decided to give it a benefit of a doubt. Wish I hadn't, it had obviously been returned before. It didn't work at all. Wouldn't even turn on. My son was very disappointed, he was really excited about this gift. We are returning it, but cannot get a replacement as they are out. Now we have to get a different one, and spend more money. Wish I had ordered it directly from brookstone instead.
on May 20, 2016
They shipped me a defective product , the camera on it NEVER worked. Originally I thought the issue is the app I am using therefore I did not return it . Eventually after spending hours and hours on it at times using every possible app ext find out the camera itself on the car DOES NOT WORK. By then I did not have option to return this item. It is a useless item and waste of money.
on December 26, 2014
This product is not compatible with iOS 8.1.2 (the latest version). I have tried it on 4 different Apple devices and the app fails. It does work on Android, however. Unfortunately, my son needs to use an Apple device to use this product. I plan on returning it for a refund and purchasing a product that works as advertised.

Do not purchase this product if you need a toy that works with Apple mobile devices.
on January 1, 2016
Soooo cool. My son loves it! the camera in real time works great! He uses it with his Ipad. It is very fun to play with. Way better than I expected it would be!
on December 18, 2012
This isn't a complete review, but since no one else has posted anything, I wanted to get something out there for others...

I got this for my 7 year old for Christmas & took a chance on seeing nothing other than the YouTube videos about it. Shipped very fast from TPA Store, so no worries there. I took it for a test drive before wrapping it.

First - the iPad version required IOS 6, so if you're thinking of using your original ipad (v1), you'll need to download the iphone app not the HD app. Once I got over that panic, things were better.

Setup was very fast. Find and install app..install batteries...turn on...look for wifi signal on your ipad...connect...run. It took longer to get out of the box than to get it up and running.

Pretty cool. I ran it around the house a little bit. Controls were responsive and the tilt to steer feature worked better than I had expected. It doesn't have an integrated picture or video gallery, so if you take photos, you can't just replay them immediately from the app. It ran on carpet OK, but a little slower of course.

It has a telescoping camera that is controlled from the app. again, very cool.

The video quality was good. Make sure you take off the little plastic protective lens cover that it ships with.

Wifi range - I didn't push the limits, but worked fine at 30' We have wireless gadgets all over the house, so I was worried about some interference, but didn't notice any.

Battery life - Don't know yet. Took 6 AA batteries and I've bought rechargables. Like most toys, I suspect we'll burn through them for the first few weeks and then it will taper off, so I'm not too concerned.

That's the dad review...if there's anything significantly better or worse after my son plays with it for a while I'll repost.

Post-Christmas update...7 year old son likes it. Is working with no problems - good wireless signal/range. He plays with it for about 20-30 minutes as a time. An update on the playback - there is a menu option to playback photos and video...it is not an issue.
on January 25, 2015
This is very disappointing. It continues to stop working and saying there' no network. We have tried everything, but have not been successful to get it work.
on July 20, 2016
My son loves to spy on us with this cute gadget!!!
on January 30, 2015
Not much of a remote vehicle. Delay in the controls make it hard to drive by camera. Remote software needs a lot of help. The range I’m getting is about 30 feet. Light is not bight enough to see in more than a few inches in the dark. It does have a nice camera.