Oil month Automotive HPC Spring Reading Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on May 16, 2015
The i play solid rim sun protection hat fit my 3 year old as expected, and did a great job of protecting her from the harsh tropical sun. We used it in the pool and on the beach, but there is one flaw that left me disappointed.

Let me start by comparing pros & cons:
Pros:
- Bright, beautiful color.
- Drawstring allows me to adjust this to her head circumference.
- Easy to tie a knot and secure it under her chin. Some people prefer velcro closures, but because my daughter has a smaller head, a simple knot mechanism works better. We returned another hat because the velcro stayed loose on her.
- Lightweight. Used it for hours without it bothering my daughter.
- Water resistant. Perfect for pool or beach.

Cons:
- Brim is not sturdy enough. This is the reason for 3 stars. The hat behaved well when it was dry, but the minute it got wet, the brim started folding down over her face (almost covering her eyes). Once in the pool, she kept trying to brush the brim off her face. I am attaching a picture that demonstrates this flaw. My younger child has a hat from a different manufacturer and the structural integrity on that one is far superior even after extended water use.

All in all, while it did an admirable job of protecting her from the harsh sun, I wouldn't recommend it for water use because of the folding brim issue. If i play can fix this design flaw, they would have a winner on their hands.
review image
66 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 3, 2017
we bought the 9-18 Months for my 15 month old daughter. it fit her great!! after first receiving this product, it was honestly perfect. i loved it! then i took it to an outdoor fountain the next day and that's when the flaws started to come along....

1. this hat is not meant to get wet (drenched)!!! it's mostly used as a sun hat and i wish i knew this before. i took it out to an outdoor fountain with my daughter and it totally defeated the purpose of shading her from the sun because it got all floppy...i attached a photo of this.

2. after the fountain, i washed this because it was stinky of sunblock and sweat and dirty water. i read the instruction and only put it on a gently cycle and air dried. and even after following that, it is STILL floppy!!! it's constantly covering my daughter's eyes and she's always trying to take it off because of it.
i NEVER had an issue with floppy hats with other brand of hats!! and i have purchased a few from target, gymboree and even gap!! they all survive the wash and still retain its shape. but NOT THE IPLAY!!
however, it could be my fault, because it got drenched and destroyed in the fountain and i didn't wash it right away. but then again, i didn't have an issue with other name brand hats.

3. the drawstring for the head doesn't really work for us. it might just be our hat but even when i pull it on my daughter's head, it EASILY gets loosen again. i'm constant retightening and in the end, i just give up.

i REALLY wanted to love this hat...it was cute and so afforable!! but i honestly don't like how the hat gets floppy after getting washed. it's honestly the worst.
however, i could be doing something wrong and i would LOVE for someon to point me to the right direction but i WANT to love this hat. but at the moment, this hat is a NO for me. and i won't buy it again

the only way i would ever repurchase this hat is if i ONLY used it as a sun hat and NEVER washed it.
review imagereview image
on August 29, 2015
Great hat fits great !! Did get a bit floppy when when but no biggie !!!
on August 3, 2016
It is cute and my 11 month old daughter doesn't rip it off nearly as often as a hat with velcro. I agree with the review that says it's not meant for water play, though. Even a brief sprinkler gigglefest wound up with it super saggy/floppy and over her eyes.
I also bought the 9-18 month hat when she was around seven months old and it fit her well (both of my kiddos have 95-99% head circumferences, so we buy hats pretty large) with sliding the brilliant toggle strap under the brim. Now that she's 11 mos., though, it's too small so we'll be buying the 2T size for the rest of the summer.
on July 14, 2016
This sunhat is perfect. The big, wide brim more than covers her whole face, plus her shoulders and upper arms. The drawstring allows it to fit even the smallest baby's head, our little one started wearing it at 4 months. We were able to tighten the drawstring enough for it to fit perfectly on her, and it could definitely have gone smaller yet.

If it gets wet, it dries very quickly in the sun. Getting it wet makes the brim extra floppy, which I've seen some complaints about in other reviews, but this hat has never hung down in front of her face, she's always able to see.

The only negative I have are the ties for under the chin. It doesn't stay tied because our daughter loves to pull on it and play with it (as babies will) - I'm half tempted to cut them off because, unless there's a stronger wind, the hat doesn't come off on it's own.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on June 24, 2017
The material feels nice and the fit is good. I especially like that it is adjustable for baby's growing head circumference. I also like that there is a breathable inner layer that looks like it will absorb the sweat and keep baby comfortable. I agree with others that it may be too floppy and fall in front of baby's eyes, but I think it is difficult to strike a balance between a brim that is too wide (floppy) and not wide enough (doesn't block sun), so I'm ok with it being a little on the floppy side. What really surprised me was the poor construction quality; I expected better from such a popular product. The stitches are a complete mess (photo attached). It looks like some amateur sewing that I'd do at home. Fortunately, it seems to be just cosmetic and doesn't look like it's going to cause the hat to come apart (we'll see, I just got it...)
on May 27, 2017
This hat was so highly rated I thought it must be at least a little functional, and I wasn't planning to have her wear it in the water so I figured it wouldn't be too floppy. Unfortunately this is not a hat, it's a blindfold that covers her eyes all the time. Doesn't matter if it's wet or not. Most of the time she's wearing the hat, she can't see a thing and I spend all my time getting it out of her eyes. I even tried to starch it. Will be buying another hat.
on February 18, 2016
My favorite part about this hat is the brim. Usually the brims of these child hats fall down/collapse, but luckily with this one it does not. It keeps her shoulders covered very well!
Sizing: I ordered the 6 month hat for my 4 month old knowing she will fit into it when summer comes around. The fit is as expected and will fit her perfectly in two months.
Quality: Awesome quality. We can squish it into our beach bag and it still come out looking good. It's comfortable on my daughters head and doesn't make her too hot when she's wearing it.
Recommendation: If you're looking into getting a summer swim hat at an affordable price - this is it!
on June 30, 2016
The perfect summer hat for my 1-year-old and 3-year-old daughters! I ordered the 2T--4T size for both of them. Thanks to the drawstring, it fits both of them. I am so glad, because it is hard to find a wide-brimmed sun hat that fits my 3-year-old, who is the size of your average kindergartener! I do think that this hat is a more feminine style, so it may not be ideal for little boys, but ultimately that would be a personal style choice. :-)
on August 14, 2017
I love this hat! I purchased it for my then 2 month old. He is now four months and it still fits well. I love the drawstring that allows you to adjust the size and fit to your baby's head. I also like that the brim of the hat goes all around it for all around sun coverage. Great purchase, I will buy the next size up for next summer!