- 100% Polyester
- Tie closure
- Special sun protective fabric and wider brim offer excellent sun protection
- Ties under chin, size 0-6 months
- Lightweight, UPF 50+ nylon
- Provides excellent sun protection for babies who have sensitive skin that is vulnerable to sunburn
- Made from specially treated fabrics with a UPF factor of 50+
Inspire a love of reading with Amazon Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Amazon Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new Amazon Book Box Prime customers receive 15% off your first box. Sign up now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question might be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who bought this product.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
The Brim Sun Protection Hat provides all-day sun protection for baby’s head, neck and eyes. The wicking liner is breathable for comfort, and the UPF 50+ material dries quickly if it gets wet to support baby’s active play. The tie strap keeps it in place, and the adjustable toggle creates a custom-fit as baby grows! Parents love how easy it is to pack for on-the-go activities and the wide variety of classic colors.
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 12 x 0.5 x 7 inches; 1.41 Ounces
- Manufacturer recommended age : 36 - 6 months
- Item model number : 23815
- Department : Baby-girls
- Date First Available : August 17, 2006
- Manufacturer : i play Children's Apparel
- ASIN : B00391431Y
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. this hat is not meant to get wet (drenched)!!! it's mostly used as a sun hat and i wish i knew this before. i took it out to an outdoor fountain with my daughter and it totally defeated the purpose of shading her from the sun because it got all floppy...i attached a photo of this.
2. after the fountain, i washed this because it was stinky of sunblock and sweat and dirty water. i read the instruction and only put it on a gently cycle and air dried. and even after following that, it is STILL floppy!!! it's constantly covering my daughter's eyes and she's always trying to take it off because of it.
i NEVER had an issue with floppy hats with other brand of hats!! and i have purchased a few from target, gymboree and even gap!! they all survive the wash and still retain its shape. but NOT THE IPLAY!!
however, it could be my fault, because it got drenched and destroyed in the fountain and i didn't wash it right away. but then again, i didn't have an issue with other name brand hats.
3. the drawstring for the head doesn't really work for us. it might just be our hat but even when i pull it on my daughter's head, it EASILY gets loosen again. i'm constant retightening and in the end, i just give up.
i REALLY wanted to love this hat...it was cute and so afforable!! but i honestly don't like how the hat gets floppy after getting washed. it's honestly the worst.
however, i could be doing something wrong and i would LOVE for someon to point me to the right direction but i WANT to love this hat. but at the moment, this hat is a NO for me. and i won't buy it again
the only way i would ever repurchase this hat is if i ONLY used it as a sun hat and NEVER washed it.
I also love the bright orange. It's fun and easy for us to spot the other parent in a crowd.
Soft, beautiful, and works.
Baby is now 2 years old and the hat shows no signs of wear and still fits great! I can see it fitting well for at least 2 more years however he'll be able to untie it then lol
Sizing: I ordered the 6 month hat for my 4 month old knowing she will fit into it when summer comes around. The fit is as expected and will fit her perfectly in two months.
Quality: Awesome quality. We can squish it into our beach bag and it still come out looking good. It's comfortable on my daughters head and doesn't make her too hot when she's wearing it.
Recommendation: If you're looking into getting a summer swim hat at an affordable price - this is it!
I bought the green and even though it's not pink, the "bonnet-like" style looks SLIGHTLY feminine, but I don't care - it's still cute and gives sun protection.
This provides plenty of shade for baby's head and face. He just won't keep it on... as soon as I put a hat on him he pulls it off like a game. When he was younger he had no idea he could remove it; maybe that's why this is rated for ages 0-6 months, haha!
In retrospect I would have rather bought a hat with velcro ties that stick together instead of tie together. It is tough to tie a hat onto a wiggly baby especially one who will yank at the hat. Then the ties pull around his neck. I have a slight hypothetical worry over strangulation because once it's tied, the ties do not give. (For example if you left your child unattended with this hat tied on, and he is old enough to move around or run around, and it caught on something, it would not be good... which is why I'd consider a velco closure). BUT at least the ties are adjustable and velcro would only have one length.
Overall it's a very well made hat that does the job!! And bonus - it still fits a year later.
Top reviews from other countries
Lo usó mi bebé de 5 meses en Los Cabos, BCS, y le iba muy bien para proteger del sol. Realmente protege del sol, un sol de Junio en el Pacífico.
Se ajusta muy bien a la cabeza, cuello y es super suavecito, además liviano especial para un bebé.