Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Assassin's Creed III forum

i was so excited until...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 7, 2012, 5:50:40 PM PDT
taconburrito says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 7, 2012, 8:06:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 10, 2012, 3:25:20 PM PDT
and? were you planning on getting it before the multiplayer was announced? you dont have to play the multiplayer, you realize that right?

Posted on Jul 8, 2012, 1:52:02 PM PDT
Cars&Guitars says:
Go back to your Halo and Call of Duties for your MP crap if that's all you care about.

Posted on Jul 9, 2012, 11:43:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 9, 2012, 11:44:32 AM PDT
Britt K says:
Personally I've always been more invested in the single-player content for the AC series, mostly because it started as a single-player game. Considering the rave reviews about AC:B and it's multi-player platform, it makes sense that for some the multi-player experience should be as good as the single-player. To each their own...

Posted on Jul 15, 2012, 1:29:10 AM PDT
Exhibit28 says:
Multiplayer online is way over-rated with most games. The majority of games should be multiplayer offline only, and games like AC should be single player only. Most online multiplayer modes are horrible, and the ones that are worth anything (Uncharted) are infested with vermin that we call cheaters, making the mode extremely disappointing. Until games find a way to guarantee "no cheaters" or more games start banning cheaters, online multiplayer is not high on my list of requirements for games. And those that get caught cheating on multiple games should be banned from online play completely by Sony and Microsoft.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012, 5:36:09 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2012, 5:38:51 PM PDT
Cars&Guitars says:
Speaking of the Uncharted MP, UC2's MP used to be so good back in its beta days. I was among the lucky few to have gotten into the beta, and I thought it was a blast then. So when the game officially came out, everyone played fairly. Each team had a fair number of players ranging from newbies, average to high levels. again, everyone played fair and no one complained then...

...until months after the game's release, NOOBS and so-called "EXPERIENCED/HIGH LEVEL PLAYERS" started bitching, whining, crying, moaning, to Naughty dog to "fix" the incredibly useless thing they call "make the teams more even! High level players on one side, low players on the other!" And they ended up getting their noobish friends to do just that. So every time I play MP, I obviously end up in the lower level team and I sadly watch my team get slaughtered by these NOOBS. I got so pissed off.

Then yes, there are the cheaters. Naughty Dog was always SO nice and that they constantly tried to fix the MP, to the point where it sucked. Completely. So much the MP was unplayable. Cheaters everywhere, noobs teaming up with their own friends, etc. etc. I was thisclose to getting Karl Schafer, too. But I got so angry that I stopped playing the MP for good.

What's so fun about MP anyway? When you have to deal with crybaby noobs all the time? I just don't understand it.

I played the ACB MP and yes, it sucked. Very boring. But it won't stop me from playing the main campaign. That's where the fun is at. Screw MP, it should never exist in these types of games.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012, 11:21:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2012, 11:22:58 PM PDT
I can't help thinking of all the time and resources spent on adding multiplayer into games like Assassin's Creed, which really don't need it. I have no problem with games like Call of Duty being available, though I am not interested in them personally, which are mostly made for the online multiplayer. But games that are based around a solid and interesting single player story really don't need the multiplayer tacked on. Is anyone buying any AC game for the multiplayer? It just seems like a waste of time to program and develop it. I'd rather they spent those resources making the campaign a bit bigger. Fill that Blu-ray with missions and a big open world.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 29, 2012, 9:11:02 PM PDT
J. Thompson says:
There is a completely seperate team doing the multiplayer that did the multiplayer on ACB and ACR. That team came over after ACR and started work on the multiplayer for this game. The real team has been at work on it for 3+years...so no worried about there not being enough single player at all.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2012, 5:40:38 PM PDT
Yeah, that's true. The original development team was creating ACIII, no more than 2 weeks after ACII's release. Another development team within the company focused on extending Ezio's story "which is Brotherhood and Revelation" in order to give ACIII time to be created into a bigger, better (or best I should say) sequel of the Assassin's Creed series.

Brotherhood has a worthy sequel, but Revelation was just rushed too much, and left out some things that made it fun. Plus, the story wasn't really told in the best way it could be. And even so, Brotherhood and Revelation were only "fillers"... like fillers for an anime show. I have no doubts that this game, Assassin's Creed III, is gonna kick butt, multiplayer or not. Skyrim sure has heck didn't need multiplayer, and it's sold even better than the rehashed Call of Duty franchise.

Posted on Oct 29, 2012, 8:16:07 AM PDT
One of the biggest reasons I really enjoy assassins creed is because of the multiplayer. It is like nothing else out there. It might seem boring to a lot of people but there are a lot of people t hat enjoy the slower, tactical gameplay. I for one play it very slow paced planning out my attacks and study everything that is going on around me. I don't run around, I rarely scale buildings. The game rewards you for being covert, and I love that about it. I almost always place in the top 3 of every match I play. I realized that to a lot of people this is not fun, not enough action, but not everything needs, or should be balls out action. For me there is plenty of of entertainment to be had in assassins creeds multiplayer. If you don't like it you are entitled to your opinion, I don't blame or judge you for it, but don't force your own opinions and preferences on others. the developers have the vision they have for the game, they can't please everyone.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2012, 10:13:23 AM PDT
Well spoken.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 5:27:41 AM PST
J. Lindeboom says:
I've never played the multiplayer in any of the AC games (my internet connection sucks). I buy the games for the games. It's not like with Call of Duty where you get 8 hours of a flimsy story and have to get your money's worth out of the multiplayer component.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2012, 6:02:11 AM PST
Thank goodness for Skyrim, eh? That game probably has the most in-depth and well varied single player experience of this gaming generation.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Jul 7, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about
Assassin's Creed III
Assassin's Creed III by UBI Soft (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (2,171)