Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $9.99 shipping
4-Year Laptop Accidental Protection Planfrom Warrantech
- Accidental damage (drops and spills) and power surge coverage begin day 1. Parts and labor coverage for mechanical and electrical failures begins after your product's warranty expires.
- Plan Terms and Conditions sent via email within hours of completing your purchase, please look for an email from "Amazon Support" If you do not receive.
- Provides nationwide repair support as per the Terms and Conditions. If your product can't be repaired, an Amazon Gift Card will be provided.
- Includes free shipping for covered claims, no hidden fees, easy online or over the phone claim process, cancel at any time.
- See Product Description for details including limitations and what is not covered.
ASUS ROG G752VS OC Edition Gaming Laptop, 17" 120Hz G-SYNC Full HD, Intel Core i7-7820HK CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce GTX 1070-8GB, 512GB PCIe SSD, VR Ready, Overclocked, Windows 10 Pro - G752VS-XS74K
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Latest-generation NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card, Overclocked 7th-Gen Intel Core i7-7820HK Processor, Windows 10 Pro OS
- 17.3" Full HD 120Hz Refresh Rate G-SYNC Display with Wideview. *Note: Because of technical limitations, IPS panels are subject to some degree of light leakage when used in dark room and high brightness
- Powerful cooling with ROG 3D Mobile Vapor Chamber, up to 6% better GPU performance, Powerful 88WHr battery , 8 cell Li-ion Battery Pack, Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
- VR ready, Anti-ghosting backlit keyboard
|What you need to know – This product has a serial number that uniquely identifies the item. When your order ships, Amazon will scan the serial number and add it to the history of the order. Should the item go missing before it arrives, Amazon may register the serial number with loss and theft databases to prevent fraudulent use or resale of the item. There is no action required from you and the serial number will only be used to prevent fraudulent activity associated with the missing item.|
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
From the manufacturer
- NVIDIA GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card
- Unlocked 7th-Gen Intel Core i7-7820HK Processor
- 17.3” FHD 120Hz Refresh Rate 1920x1080 G-SYNC Display with Wideview
- Overclocked 16GB DDR4 2800MHz RAM, 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD (256x2 RAID0) + 1TB 7200RPM HDD
- Powerful battery rated 88WHrs, 8 cell Li-ion Battery Pack
- Windows 10 Pro OS
- Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
Ports and Connectivity:
1x HDMI 2.0 Port, 1x Displayport 1.2, 1x Thunderbolt III Over USB 3.1-Type C(Gen 2), 1x mini Display Port, 1x Headphone-out jack (S/PDIF), 1x Microphone-in Jack, DL DVD±RW/CD-RW, 802.11ac WiFi 2x2, Bluetooth 4.1.
The next generation of G752VS is here -
ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K OC Edition
17-inch 120 Hz G-SYNC Full-HD Intel Core i7-7820HK GTX 1070 Gaming Laptop, VR Ready.
Now equipped with an overclock-ready unlocked 7th Generation Kaby Lake Core i7 processor and a 120Hz refresh rate panel (available on 7th-generation Core i7 and GTX 1070 model only).
G752VS-XS74K comes with powerful cooling with ROG 3D Mobile Vapor Chamber, up to 6% better GPU performance.
Windows 10 Pro adds improvements that include enhanced encryption, Virtual Machines, and Remote Log-In. These enterprise features make G752VS OC Edition the perfect choice as both a gaming rig and workstation desktop replacement.
Overclocked. Next-Gen Performance.
With the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 10 series graphics and overclocked 16GB DDR4 2800 MHz RAM, the ROG G752VS OC Edition has all the tools you need for gaming dominance.
G752VS OC Edition is cooled by dual copper heat pipes and the ROG 3D Vapor Chamber which enables superior overclocking and improved longevity.
GeForce GTX 10-Series
Faster, cooler, and more powerful than ever before, ROG G752VS features the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 GPU with Pascal architecture that delivers game-changing innovations, including next-gen VR and the best energy efficiency.
The G752VS OC Edition benchmarks at an incredible 3DMark 11 score of 15,505, a +56% gain over previous generations!
The Overclocked Edition
The OC Edition is defined by an overclocked CPU, overclocked RAM, and Windows 10 Pro. Its 7th-generation Intel Kabylake-K Unlocked Core i7 processor can be overclocked to up to 4GHz.
The DDR4 RAM in ROG G752VS OC Edition runs at 2800MHz, 12.5% higher than stock DDR4 speeds.
120Hz G-SYNC Display
New to this generation is the 120Hz panel (available on 7th-Gen Intel Core i7 model). Superior refresh rates provide a much smoother and more lifelike experience, ideal for competitive FPS players.
Smooth gaming is enhanced by NVIDIA G-SYNC display technology, which synchronizes the display’s refresh rate with the NVIDIA GTX GPU’s frame rate for ultra-smooth visuals. G-SYNC helps avoid lag, minimizes perceived stutter, and eliminates visual tearing.
3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling
The ROG-exclusive 3D Vapor Chamber, together with the copper heat pipe, create an effective and efficient cooling system that helps improve GPU performance by up to 6 percent for smooth and stable gaming. 3D Vapor Pipe Chamber technology enables higher-end GPUs with higher TDPs (Thermal Design Power) to be efficiently and effectively cooled to safe operating temperatures, extending component and product life.
The well-equipped G752VS OC Edition with onboard Intel Thunderbolt technology gives you single-cable data and signal transmission rates of up to 40Gbits/s – four times the bandwidth of USB 3.1. ROG G752VC OC Edition gives you both Intel Thunderbolt and USB 3.1 Type-C for increased compatibility with your various devices.
The Dual-Band 2x2 802.1ac WiFi provides bandwidth up to 867 Mbps to ensure you have the best wireless speeds and signal strength.
GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards are powered by Pascal to deliver up to 3x the performance of previous-generation graphics cards, plus innovative new gaming technologies and breakthrough VR experiences.
Enjoy immersive virtual reality that is smooth, low-latency, and stutter-free with the G752VS OC Edition.
HyperDrive for Blazing-fast Storage
Storage speeds can greatly affect gameplay performance. That’s why G752VS OC Edition features a RAID0 PCIe NVMe SSD, the latest in storage technology with 4x gains over SATA-based drives.
ROG HyperDrive uses MLC (Multi-Level Cell) NAND providing better write performance and higher endurance even under intensive workloads.
High-Contrast Wideview Panel
ROG G752VS OC Edition’s AHVA Wideview Panel delivers superb image quality and contrast even at when viewed from extreme angles, up to 178 degrees.
This IPS-Type panel provides excellent response times and accurate color reproduction.
ROG G752VS OC Edition features the exclusive 120Hz Wideview G-SYNC panel, a triple threat of display technology to truly provide an impeccable visual experience!
Backlit Anti-Ghosting Keyboard
Anti-ghosting keys ensure your commands are instantaneously and correctly interpreted - even if you hit up to 30 keys simultaneously.
ROG G752VS has ergonomically-designed keys with 2.5mm of key travel. This gives you greater comfort and accuracy when typing and entering commands - making it easy for you to dominate the battlefield.
The illuminated keyboard let you easily type in low light and even in the dark, and the isolated arrow keys provide a desktop-like gaming experience.
|Display||15.6" Full HD 178 degree Wideview||17.3" Full HD 178 degree Wideview||15.6" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview, or 15.6" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview 120Hz||17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview, or 17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview 120Hz||17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview, or 17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview 120Hz||17.3" Full HD G-SYNC 178 degree Wideview 120Hz|
|Intel Core i7 Processor||Intel Core i7-7700HQ||Intel Core i7-7700HQ||Intel Core i7-6700HQ or Intel Core i7-7700HQ||Intel Core i7-6700HQ or Intel Core i7-7700HQ||Intel Core i7-6700HQ, or Intel Core i7-7700HQ, or Intel Core i7-6820HK, or Intel Core i7-7820HK||Intel Core i7-6820HK or Intel Core i7-7820HK|
|NVIDIA GeForce GTX Graphics||1050 4GB (GL553VD), or 1050 Ti 4GB (GL553VE)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 4GB (GL753VD), or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB (GL753VE)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (GL502VM), or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (GL502VS)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (GL702VM), or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (GL702VS)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (G752VM), or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB (G752VS)||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB|
|Storage||1TB 7200 RPM HDD or 256GB SATA SSD + 1TB 7200 RPM HDD||1TB 7200 RPM HDD, or 256GB SATA SSD + 1TB 7200 RPM HDD||128GB SSD + 1TB HDD, or 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD||1TB 7200 RPM HDD, or 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD, or 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, or 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD||256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD or 512GB PCIe SSD + 1TB HDD||512GB PCIe SSD, or 1TB PCIe SSD|
|Backlit Keyboard||RGB-Backlit ROG AURA Keyboard||RGB-Backlit ROG AURA Keyboard||Tactile Chiclet Red-Backlit Keyboard||Tactile Chiclet Red-Backlit Keyboard||Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover||Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover|
|Cooling System||ROG Overboost Cooling Single Fan Thermal System||ROG Overboost Cooling Single Fan Thermal System||Hyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System||Hyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System||Hyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System, 3D Vapor Chamber Design, Dust-Release Fan||Hyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System, 3D Vapor Chamber Design, Dust-Release Fan|
|WiFi/Audio/Streaming Features||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Broadcaster||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Broadcaster||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Broadcaster||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Broadcaster||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Gamecaster Sonic Studio II Sonic Radar||2x2 Dual Band 11AC WIFI ROG Game First IV XPLIT Gamecaster Sonic Studio II Sonic Radar ESS Saber 384Khz DAC|
Compare with similar items
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, 15.6" Full HD IPS, Intel i7-7700HQ CPU, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1060-6GB, VR Ready, Red Backlit KB, Metal Chassis, Windows 10 64-bit, G3-571-77QK
ASUS VivoBook Pro Thin & Light Laptop, 17" Full HD , Intel i7-8550U Processor, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA Gaming GeForce GTX 1050,Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10, Star Gray, N705UD-EH76
ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GS-DS74 17.3” Gaming Laptop, 8th-Gen 6-Core Intel Core i7-8750H processor (up to 3.9GHz), GTX 1070 8GB, 144Hz 3ms display, 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB FireCuda
ASUS ROG G752VY-DH72 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980M 4 GB VRAM, 32 GB DDR4, 1 TB, 256 GB NVMe SSD
ASUS ROG Strix G-SYNC 120Hz VR Ready Thin and Light Gaming Laptop GTX 1070 8GB Core i7-7700HQ 16GB 512GB SSD 1TB HDD, 17.3" - GL702VS-DS74
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||GrowTechs||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Mobile Advance||Worldwide Tech||Computer Upgrade King|
|RAM Size||16 GB||16 GB||16 GB||32 GB||32 GB||16 GB|
|Processor (CPU) Manufacturer||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|Processor Speed||2.7 GHz||3.8 GHz||1.8 GHz||2.2 GHz||2.6 GHz||2.8 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080||1920x1080 pixels||1920x1080 pixels||1920*1080 pixels||1920 x 1080|
|Screen Size||17.3 in||15.6 in||17.3 in||17.3 in||17 in||17.3 in|
|Hard-Drive Size||1,000 GB||256 GB||1,000 GB||1,000 GB||1 TB||1,000 GB|
|Item Dimensions||12.7 x 16.4 x 0.8 in||15.35 x 10.47 x 1.05 in||16.2 x 10.6 x 0.8 in||16.22 x 10.77 x 0.94 in||12.7 x 16.4 x 1.9 in||10.8 x 1.5 x 1.1 in|
|Item Weight||9.5 lbs||5.95 lbs||4.6 lbs||6.5 lbs||9.5 lbs||6 lbs|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Professional||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home|
|RAM Type||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||Unknown||GDDR5||Unknown||Unknown|
|Wireless Compatibility||802.11bgn||802.11.ac||802.11.ac||802.11.ac||802.11.ac||802.11 a/g/n|
The next generation ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K OC Edition 17-inch is here, now equipped with 7th Generation Kaby Lake Core i7 processor and a 120Hz refresh rate panel. 1x HDMI 2.0 Port, 1x DisplayPort 1.2, 802.11ac Wi-Fi 2x2, Bluetooth 4.1, 1x Thunderbolt III Over USB 3.1-Type C(Gen 2), 1x mini Display Port, 1x Headphone-out jack (S/PDIF), 1x Microphone-in Jack, DL DVDRW/CD-RW.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Let's start with the positives:
- Although it has many plastic components, the build quality of the components and finishes is high, as it should be at this price. There is absolutely no chassis flex whatsoever, and only minimal screen flex. The screen offers smooth but firm resistance when opened and doesn't jiggle back and forth once set.
- While the design is more understated than earlier Asus ROG designs, even non-techy people recognize it as something special. A mildly tech-savvy co-worker commented on how "sweet" my new laptop was. Without knowing the price, he also said "It looks expensive, probably too expensive for me", and estimated it's cost at "many thousands" of dollars.
- The performance is excellent. I won't rehash all the specs and performance benchmarks here, but suffice to say, if you are looking for a laptop capable of driving a 4k screen, virtual reality glasses, high end gaming, or video editing this is an excellent machine.
- It has REAL mouse buttons. None of that "virtual-button" or "clickable touch pad" silliness.
- It is equipped with a USB -C port.
- The keyboard is glorious! Among the best laptop keyboards I have used. The keys have excellent feedback, plenty of travel and an good spacing and layout between keys. There are also built-in macro keys. A joy to type on!
So by now your probably wondering why I gave it two stars. Here's why:
- It is not adequately cooled. I cannot over-stress this point. It is absolutely unacceptable for a modern computer being marketed as a high performance machine to have inadequate cooling. On this point, I believe my particular unit may be defective. I am seeing CPU temperatures over 100c while web browsing. That is not normal. The problem is so pronounced that it causes the computer to randomly shut down. This renders the computer unusable for important work, because you never know when it's going to shut down on you.
- ASUS "VIP" (LOL, yeah right!) customer support can't be bothered to respond to e-mails regarding the issue stated above. 4 days after contacting ASUS... still no response.
- The "Sonic Bass Woofer" was completely dead on arrival. It never worked, not even a single time. The problem appears to be hardware related.
- Battery is not user replaceable, so you can't swap in freshly charged batteries. (technically you can replace it, but it requires tools and major disassembly)
- While on battery power, graphics performance falls off a cliff. I had very realistic expectations. I didn't expect it to handle even light games while on battery power, but I did expect it to present a PowerPoint presentation smoothly. Even with the power plan set at "high performance" and with no other programs running, it still struggled to smoothly render simple transitions. I was honestly shocked at how poor the performance became. Perhaps this is also a one off problem with my particular unit. Disappointing, to say the least.
- I knew this going in, but it bears repeating... This is a heavy hulking laptop. at nearly 10 pounds, this isn't something your going to fling around like a tablet. If you want to travel with it, it will take planning. Nothing sleek or slim about it. It's designed to live on a desk.
So overall, A competent machine with a few issues. Admittedly, my unit may be defective. So, either the design is deficient or the quality control and internal assembly process is shoddy. With no response from ASUS, I'm left with little choice... It's going back. However, I have lost confidence in this model. Sure, I could get a replacement, but there is no guarantee that it won't have the same issues. Sad, I really expected better from ASUS and the ROG line.
Update: I finally received an e-mail from Asus CS. It was like the agent didn't even read my description of the problem. The agent suggested that I update the Intel drivers. However in my initial description of the problem, I specifically stated that I had already updated to both the Intel drivers and the BIOS firmware before contacting Asus. The Nvidia drivers were up to date.
The sad thing is that before this I was very pleased with ASUS in general and had only good things to say about the ASUS ROG Swift Curved PG348Q Gaming Monitor and prior ROG laptops I have purchased.
Laptop is heavy, it's a mobile desktop IMO. Laptop does not do it justice. I ended up buying a backpack for it, took me awhile to find something this thing would fit in! Check it out below:
There was an issue with the Vive where the laptop's HDMI connector was not sending any signal to the Vive, to fix this all I needed to do was to bypass the Vive's "Link Box" and plug the HDMI cord directly into the laptop and it worked flawlessly.
Another issue I had with the laptop was that the keyboard would not register the first keystroke; to fix this all I needed to do was to update the keyboard's firmware using ASUS's own drivers found on the support page for the laptop. When I first ran the tool to update the firmware it failed and the keyboard stopped working completely. I had to use a USB keyboard to log back in to the laptop then I ran the firmware updater as an administrator and it finally updated successfully then the keyboard came back to life solving both issues so far.
There is only one thing that I have not been able to solve, although a minor annoyance it's still enough to be an issue. If you close the laptop you will not be able to use any touchpad gestures, this includes scrolling so it is pretty annoying, if anyone has found a fix for this please let me know. (I have found a solution for this. See https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?93026-Temporary-fix-for-the-touchpad-bug-on-G752VS this thread.)
I have seen others saying that this laptop gets hot and then thermal throttles but I haven't had that yet, maybe if I were to OC the CPU a TON it will but I have been able to run ALL games fine without OCing. However, the people saying that the laptop corners where your arms rest is sharp are correct, but it's not a good reason to overreact or not buy this laptop for.
The laptop is a bit on the heavy side but that's to be expected for a machine with a desktop grade GPU (the 1070). Don't expect it to be the most mobile laptop, you will want a carrying case or maybe even a backpack.
Also after buying this laptop remember to uninstall (not all) but some of the pre-installed bloatware.
That's all I can think of for now if I think of anything else I'll try to update this review, maybe I'll do some FPS testing with some new games like PUBG.
I didn't pay attention to the people who were having issues with this computer, but I wish I had.
Mine doesn't even have 3 months of use, and it stopped working from one day to the next. It shuts down on its own seconds (or minutes if you are lucky) after it boots up. No game playing, just normal logging into Windows. There is no overheating, as the computer is fresh from not being used and it still turns off.
Reading on the internet there seem to be a ton of people having issues with this computer. It seems you have to really make advanced tweaks to get the computer to work consistently without any problems. Not worth it.
I bought it during a trip to the US and their limited International Warranty means I cannot fix it where I am reside. I would need to ship it to the US, have it fixed, and then ship it back to me. However, there are also several people complaining that even after sending in the computer, it's really not fixed. I cannot risk investing too much more in this computer and not have it work the way it should.
Most recent customer reviews
I bought this for myself directly from Asus, and it was the first product of theirs to cause my to swear off their products for good.Read more
Could improve a bit audio and display quality.