|Standing screen display size||15.6 Inches|
|Max Screen Resolution||1920x1080 Pixels|
|Memory Speed||2666 MHz|
|Graphics Coprocessor||NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti|
|Graphics Card Ram Size||4 GB|
|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||1|
|Number of USB 3.0 Ports||2|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Asus FX504 TUF Gaming Laptop, 15.6” Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i7-8750H Processor, GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 8GB DDR4, 256GB M.2 SSD, Gigabit WiFi, Windows 10 - FX504GE-ES72 Black Matter Edition
|Series||TUF Gaming FX504|
|Display Size||15.6 Inches|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home|
About this item
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Value - comes with gears of War 4 and age of Empires Definitive Edition
- Durability - Dual fans with anti-dust technology. Red-backlit keyboard rated for 20-million keystroke durability
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (Up to 3. 9GHz) and GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB for superior gaming performance and multitasking
- Portable gaming laptop design with 0. 98" Thin profile and weight of only 5. 07 lbs
- 256GB M. 2 SSD, 8GB DDR4 high-frequency 2666MHz RAM.Bluetooth 4.0
There is a newer model of this item:
Only 9 left in stock - order soon.
Buy this product as Renewed and save $106.00 off the current New price.
Works and looks like new and backed by the Amazon Renewed Guarantee
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Asus TUF Gaming FX504 - True Immersion. Extended Durability.
Featuring 8th-Gen Intel Core processors and GTX 10-Series graphics, TUF Gaming FX504 adeptly handles modern AAA games while providing reliability and stability to stand apart from the competition with anti-dust cooling and a 20-million keystroke-durability backlit keyboard.
Powerful and Efficient Hardware Specs
ASUS TUF Gaming FX504 features powerful processor, graphics, efficient memory technologies and ticks all the right boxes at an affordable price. Stream your favorite movies in high-resolution or play online with friends in the latest games!
Unleash your gaming dominance with revolutionary GPUS that turn your mobile ring into a sleek gaming powerhouse. GeForce GTX notebooks give you all the performance of desktop in a mobile form factor.
Dual Fans with Anti-Dust Technology
Dual fans with anti-dust technology significantly prolongs FX504’s lifespan and provides stable performance for graphics-intensive gaming, with HyperCool technology combining the self-cleaning ADC system with the customizable Fan Overboost function.
Compare with similar items
ASUS TUF FX505DT Gaming Laptop, 15.6” 120Hz Full HD, AMD Ryzen 5 R5-3550H Processor, GeForce GTX 1650 Graphics, 8GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD, Gigabit Wi-Fi 5, Windows 10 Home, FX505DT-AH51, RGB Keyboard
Acer Nitro 5 Gaming Laptop, 9th Gen Intel Core i5-9300H, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 15.6" Full HD IPS Display, 8GB DDR4, 256GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit Keyboard, Alexa Built-in, AN515-54-5812
ASUS ROG G531GT-BI7N6 15.6" FHD Gaming Laptop Computer, Intel Hexa-Core i7-9750H Up to 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, 802.11ac WiFi, HDMI, USB 3.0, Windows 10
Lenovo Ideapad L340 Gaming Laptop, 15.6 Inch FHD (1920 X 1080) IPS Display, Intel Core i5-9300H Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB Nvme SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650, Windows 10, 81LK00HDUS, Black
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, Intel Core i7-9750H, GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 15.6" Full HD 144Hz Display, 3ms Response Time, 16GB DDR4, 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD, RGB Backlit Keyboard, PH315-52-710B
|Sold By||ADEAL(We Record Serial Number)||Aplus Service (next day shipping available)||ABC USA||Birch Tech||Amazon.com||TechFamily|
|Computer Memory Size||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||8 GB||16 GB|
|CPU Model Manufacturer||Intel||AMD||Intel||Intel||Intel||Intel|
|CPU Speed||2.2 GHz||3.7 GHz||4.1 GHz||2.6 GHz||2.4 GHz||4.5 GHz|
|Display Resolution Maximum||1920x1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||—||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080 pixels||1920 x 1080|
|Screen Size||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches||15.6 inches|
|Hard Disk Size||256 GB||256 GB||—||512 GB||512 GB||512 GB|
|Item Dimensions||15.10 x 10.30 x 1.00 inches||14.20 x 10.30 x 1.00 inches||14.31 x 10.04 x 0.96 inches||14.20 x 10.80 x 1.00 inches||14.29 x 10.02 x 0.94 inches||14.23 x 10.01 x 0.90 inches|
|Item Weight||5.10 lbs||4.85 lbs||5.07 lbs||5.30 lbs||4.84 lbs||5.29 lbs|
|Operating System||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10 Home||Windows 10||Windows 10||Windows 10 Home|
|RAM Type||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||DDR4 SDRAM||—||SODIMM||DDR4 SDRAM|
|Wireless Communication Standard||802.11a/b/g/n/ac||Bluetooth, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac||801.11ac||802.11ac||Bluetooth||802.11ac|
Asus TUF Gaming FX504 is a powerful Windows 10 Gaming Laptop that combines gaming performance with an extended lifespan, thanks to its patented anti-dust cooling (ADC) system. Infused with the spirit of the ultimate Force (TUF) and designed to strike fear into the heart of the enemy, The durable and lightweight FX504 is the first laptop in the TUF Gaming family. Equipped with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 or GTX 1050 Ti graphics and an 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor: FX504 is able to play the latest games and multitask With ease. FX504 uses high-frequency DDR4 2666MHz RAM and solid state Drive and/or Seagate Fireside solid state Hybrid Drive to ensure smooth performance. FX504 features one of the fastest Wi-Fi standards available - The latest Intel 802. 11AC Wave 2 boasts data transfer rates of up to an incredible 1. 7Gbps. To top it all off, it's red-backlit gaming keyboard is rated at 20-million keystroke durability. The actual transfer speed of USB 3.0, 3.1 (Gen 1 and 2), and/or Type-C will vary depending on many factors including the processing speed of the host device, file attributes and other factors related to system configuration and your operating environment.
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Not wanting to do that, I finally settled on trying a clean install of Windows - not the factory reset, but installing Windows from the image on Microsoft's website. Doing this ensures that you'll get Windows without any bloatware or other settings that are bogging the computer down. However, this will not include some essential drivers so it will require some additional work once Windows is installed. Here's some tips for this process in case it may be of use to any of you:
[ Before Re-installing Windows ]
-Back up any files and anything else you may need.
-Record your Windows Product Key (From File Explorer, right click "This PC" > Properties). The installer should automatically pull your Product Key from the BIOS, but better to be safe than sorry.
-Optional: Go to the Microsoft Store > My Library and download the two free games (Age of Empires & Gears of War) that came with this purchase. This way they will be in your library and available for download as long as you sign into your account. I do not know if they will otherwise be available when doing a fresh install by this method (If you do the restore to factory settings, you can still download them)
-Optional: I recommend also installing an M.2 PCIe 3x4 NVMe SSD card for much faster performance. If you opt for this, I recommend installing it prior to running the Windows installer so that you can put Windows on the SSD right away, unless you plan on cloning the HDD later. These can be a bit pricey. I bought a WD Black because it was cheaper than Samsung 970 EVO and it is performing well.
[ Now Re-Install Windows ]
You will need a formatted USB Drive w/at least 8 GB.
-Google "Windows Media Creation Tool" and download the tool from Microsoft's website. This tool will create a bootable USB drive for you that you can use to re-install Windows on your PC.
-When ready, shut down your laptop. Boot to the BIOS by pressing and holding "F2" and press the power key. Set the boot priority to your USB drive. Save and exit ("F10").
-The laptop should boot to the USB drive and run the installer.
-When it comes to partitions, I deleted everything except the Recovery partition. This is a failsafe so that you can restore to factory settings. If you installed an SSD, make sure you select that drive to install Windows on.
Note: This installation will not come with the laptop's WiFi drivers. Connect by an ethernet cable or put the drivers from the Asus manufacturer website on a USB drive so that you can install the drivers as soon as Windows is installed and get your internets!
[ After Installing Windows ]
There will be some drivers you need to install to get your computer up and running.
-Run Windows Update. There should only be a few updates since the Media Creation Tool installs the latest version of Windows 10.
-Go to your laptop's page on the Asus manufacturer's website and download any drivers you need. VGA is mandatory since it will install the drivers for your Nvidia GPU and Geforce Experience for automatic driver updates. Run Geforce Experience once downloaded and make sure you update to the latest Game Ready driver.
-Go to Intel's website and make sure you at least install the HD graphics driver.
-Open the Nvidia Control Panel (right click Desktop) and set the Nvidia card to the default graphics card. Laptop will use the Intel card for regular browsing, but switch to Nvidia for things like gaming.
-Optional: If you put an SSD in your computer, you can also go to "Disk Management" and create a volume on the 1 TB HDD so you can have that for storage!
With that, your laptop should be all set up pending any further customization or adjustments you'd like. Hopefully it should be running great as well.
After I did all of the above, my laptop is lightning quick and gaming on it is awesome. It also looks cool (although I would prefer a thinner bezel around the screen). The GTX 1050 works well for all the games I've tried, with no lag and few frame drops that I've noticed. Granted I do not play many graphics intensive games but it does the job well for games like Sea of Thieves, Civ V, and MapleStory 2. Getting it there was just a hassle and almost not worth it. When I buy a new laptop from a brand like Asus and with specs like these I expect it to run smoothly out of the box with minimal setup on my part. I expect to do some updates of course, but this was ridiculous. Because of this I'd rate it around 3.5 stars - performs great when you get it there but wayyy too much hassle. Battery life is also terrible lol. But I'm very happy with it now and hopefully I could save you guys a little bit of time. Feel free to share any tips you may have!
Some straight up facts I did after buying this mid-priced beast; I re-installed Windows 10x64, because the factory installed version of Windows 10 is bugged with constant 100% CPU usage.
I purchased another 8GB 2666Mhz SDRAM and a 1TB SATA-3 SSD (Samsung is my preferance and then comes WD) but if you got spare cash and want to do a further upgrade, pick up a PCI-E NVME SSD M.2 2280 500GB or 1TB, and you will develop your inner craving for the need of speed, cause once you go NVMe you won't go back to HDD or even SSD.
You will NOT find a laptop with the quality of these specs at $800, if you do, PM me, and I'll go buy the new laptop.
1. i7 - 8th Gen (2018) Hexa-Core processor - 9/10 [This is a solid piece of hardware, only thing better is the latest i9 processor; the current 8th Gen i7 8750H gives the 7th Gen i7-7700K a solid competition, when all things are considered equal. NOTE: You need adequate cooling & air-flow to NOT have thermal throttling issues; Majority of gaming laptops with solid specs will have thermal throttling when there is not sufficient cooling & air-flow. A good analogy is having to fill your vehicle tank with premium grade 93 versus regular 87 gas; You know your vehicle just runs better with the good stuff.]
2. 8 GB 2666 Mhz DDR4 SDRam - 7.5/10 [This is a solid performance ram, only thing that could have been done better was to offer a 16GB version instead]
3. SATA-3 PCI 256 GB SSD - 7.5/10 [The SATA-3 PCI SSD performs extremely well, however I was hoping for a 500 GB version instead, Read/Write speeds for me ranged from 450 MB/s to 540 MB/s; If you are coming from a standard 7200 RPM HDD, the performance of a good SSD will show you what you're missing out on life.]
4. 4 GB 1050Ti GTX VGA - 7.5/10 [This is a decent video card that will allow you to run most games released over the last few years @720 upwards depending how you tweak your settings, and for anything less than the 1060 GTX, I wouldn't get less than the 4GB VRAM; Therefore, I think this should be a defacto minimum at this price range for the laptop.]
5. 1080P 60Hz IPS-level Screen - 8/10 [Definitely any day better than a regular TN display, and asking for the 120Hz 3ms IPS alternative, would also be asking for a bump up in the price; At this price, its definitely good above average 1080P 60Hz IPS-level Screen.]
6. Gigabit Wi-Fi 802.11ac - 8.5/10 [This is excellent when paired with an excellent router supplied by a fiber optic connection; Otherwise, your speeds are always going to be limited by the throughput of your router.]
7. Keyboard - 8.5/10 [This is a great keyboard, responsive, feels firm, and something that you know will last a while and can take a pounding during aggressive gaming sessions; The red backlight that can be controlled is a lovely feature.]
8. Cooling - 7.5/10 [Design wise with the dual fans, anti-dust tunnels and the 3-speed fan boost, I am able to maintain temperatures reasonably, in fact better than expected with Overboost mode; I read a lot about thermal throttling problems, however, after reinstalling Windows 10 and the drivers, I have 0 thermal throttling problems. Important to Note: I picked up a cooling stand, for additional improvement to air-flow under the laptop.]
9. Battery Life - 6.5/10 [This is a high performing laptop, EXPECT a minimal battery life roughly 2 hours, and don't expect to be able to play games with good fps on battery, that's difficult to achieve unless you intend to set your battery settings to high performance; Imagine a Bugatti Veyron, at top speed, running outta gas in 12 mins flat.]
10. Audio - 7.5/10 [Its clear, loud enough, but majority of the time, I'm using headphones; The audio card is good, the DTS gives you some interesting options, overall a defacto standard offering at this price.]
11. Build Quality and Construction - 8.5/10 [Well built, lighter than I expected, all-round high quality solid plastic, definitely above-average build and quality when compared to regular laptops from HP, Acer, Dell, Lenovo & Asus.
12. OS Support [Windows 10x64] - 9/10 [After some optimization to Windows 10x64 for visualization, privacy & SSD, I now have an extremely fast & snappy-responsive laptop, average boot time @8 seconds, with stock Windows 10 and fps of 100-140 on Dota 2 with the highest settings, this Laptop is rock-solid designed purely for Windows 10 currently, with little to no Linux support; not surprising since the TUF FX504 series was recently released in Q1 2018 for the first time.]
Important to Note: This is not an under-volted laptop, this is a high performing machine, more like a portable desktop; Therefore, you should expect to get a cooling stand to help air-flow under the laptop and with the 3-speed fan on overboost, expect to hear the fans whirring away at 50 to 55 decibels.
If you're looking for a quiet laptop, my suggesting is an an under-volted i5/i7 8th Gen processor with a (U) after the processor number; These processors are designed to maintain lower temperatures and with the right graphics card you should be able to play a decent number of games with varying frame-rates & settings.
[Follow - Up Suggestion - based on what I did]
When you receive your brand new Black Matter ASUS, it is imperative you do the following, Log in with a MS account and assign those value games to your MS account > Download Laptop drivers from the ASUS drivers site and store them on a USB > Format the SSD, because the Win10x64 that ASUS puts on their laptops comes software installation issues > The user below, SAKU, has a simplified guide on Re-installing Windows 10.
After you-reinstall Win10x64 and re-install the drivers, You will have a BEAST of a Machine, not the one you dreamt of in your dreams, but the one You definitely Needed.
Special Note: For anyone who wants to install Linux / Ubuntu, I recently installed Linux Mint 18.04.1, pretty straight forward, took about 30 mins in total. You need to disable fastboot and secureboot in Bios. You will face trackpad issues during installing and freezing, this is to due to the lack of Nvidia drivers active. So have a mouse ready. Install your fav. distro and shutdown, Restart PC and on GRUB screen, highlight over distro and press E, scroll down to where the command line starts with Linux and ADD command [nouveau.modeset=0], Enter distro, Install Nvidia drivers first and reboot PC, then install Ukuu and install latest Kernel LTS 4.19.11 to have your trackpad functionality restored. Then, google how to enable TRIM for SSD's to improve your SSD performance/longevity on Linux. In Linux, everything except the fans work; Unfortunately, after several days of researching ways to implement fan control on the 4-wire fans, I came up with no solution; I need someone more capable than me to come up with some kernel support for the 4-wire fans. Therefore, I had to uninstall Linux due to no fan support; However, if you use Linux without the Nvidia graphics card, you should be alright. Therefore my satisfaction with Linux support on this laptop is a 5/10.
Overall my satisfaction with this Windows 10x64 Laptop, Black Matter - FX504GE-ES72 is 8.5/10 [I use it for gaming and programming]. Would I purchase this again? and Recommend? I would!! with everything written above.
The laptop itself is really aesthetically pleasing, lightweight, and felt durable. I also didn’t realize that If you do get this, you’ll need to install a SSD or it will suffer from speed and performance issues and the disk will fill up.
Top reviews from other countries
El color rolo luce muy bien y la calidad de los materiales de la carcasa de la laptop es buena más no la mejor.
Un excelente producto si se busca algo no tan barato pero no tan malo, y no tan caro pero tampoco lo mejor de lo mejor.
Es ligera para una laptop de características gamming; la ventilación, es muy buena, con ventilas encima del teclado.
Lo único que no me gusto, es que el touchpad esta un poco desplazado y me costo acostumbrarme.
Después de mas de 6 meses de uso estos son mis comentarios, para comenzar retiro lo dicho acerca de lo de la barra espaciadora, no prende porque no lleva led según he visto en otras maquinas iguales, el problema que me parece muy grave es que se congela la computadora, si bien no sucede frecuentemente, me ha pasado unas 5 o 6 veces, la verdad es que no debería pasar nunca y la falla es aleatoria, puede ser al estar viendo una pagina web y mover el mouse, cuando se inicia una aplicación o simplemente al cargar una pagina, no se puede utilizar nada, el led de modo avión prende y no hay otra alternativa mas que darle el botonazo (hard reset) para que vuelva a iniciar, es una lástima ya que todo indicaba que la marca, el hardware y sobre todo el precio la convertían en buena compra, así que el titulo inicial que le puse a este comentario resulto cierto, me toco la mala suerte que el producto no resulto como esperaba.