Other Sellers on Amazon
iCarly: iFight Shelby Marx
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Join Carly, Sam, Spencer and Freddie as they help Carly prepare for the scariest fight of her life in the iFight Shelby Marx TV Special, the most watched iCarly special to date, along with the iDate a Bad Boy TV Special and more all on one DVD.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
Created and executive produced by Dan Schneider (creator of series "Drake & Josh", "Zoey 101', "Kenan & Kel", "All That", "The Amanda Show"), "iCarly" is currently on their third season and on January 18, 2010, an episode titled "iSaved Your Life" became the highest rated live action telecast in Nickelodeon history (with 11.2 million viewers) and the #1 telecast of all TV (cable and broadcast) that night.
Needless to say, the show is a big success for the cable network and now "iCarly: iFight Shelby Marx" is planned for release on March 30, 2010.
The latest DVD includes two iCarly movies from the second season and two episodes from the third. Included on "iCarly: iFight Shelby Marx" are:
* EPISODE 45 - "iFight Shelby Marx" - In this TV movie, Carly was talking a little trash on her web show about the martial-arts champ Shelby Marx. When Shelby comes to visit her, Carly is afraid that she is going to get beaten up but finds out that Shelby wants to join forces with Carly in a one round match for charity and that she will not hurt her at all. But during the press conference, Carly accidentally falls on Shelby's grandmother offstage and Nevel Papperman takes advantage of the situation and now Shelby wants to hurt her in the ring.
* EPISODE 40 - "iDate a Bad Boy" - In this TV movie, Carly starts dating a bad boy named Griffin who tried to steal Spencer's motorcycle. Spencer prohibits Carly from dating him but she tries to sneak behind his back. Meanwhile, Carly learns a major secret about her Griffin.
* EPISODE 36 - "iLook Alike" - Carly, Sam and Freddie want to interview an MMA fighter Jackson Colt but Freddie's mom forbids him to go to an MMA fight and also Spencer forbids Carly from going as well. So, the three come up with an idea to find lookalikes to stand for them while they do the interview.
* EPISODE 49 - "iCarly Awards" - Carly, Sam and Freddie present the first "iCarly Awards" for fans who have sent in videos but on the day of the Award show, Spencer mistakens Carly's request to create ten awards by creating one huge award. Now, Spencer must find a way to create them in a short amount of time, while Carly and Sam improvise the award show until each award is finished.
VIDEO & AUDIO:
"iCarly: iFight Shelby Marx" is presented in standard definition and in full screen. Picture quality is good considering there are two movies, two episodes and a pilot episode of "Big Time Rush" included on the DVD. There is compression artifacting and edge enhancement but for the audience being targeted, I doubt many will be that picky over picture quality.
Audio is presented in English stereo and dialogue and music is clear as it comes from the front channels. Dialogue is understandable and experienced no major problems during viewing.
"iCarly: iFight Shelby Marx" comes with the following special features:
* Behind-the-Scenes Extras:
- Meet Lewbert - (1:44) A featurette with Jeremy Rowley who plays the character of Lewbert the Doorman. Jeremy talks about his character and the makeup.
- Message Board - (2:38) Nathan Kress, Jerry Trainor and Jennette McCurdy answer a few fan questions from the [...] message board.
* Pilot Episode of "Big Time Rush" - (47:57) The full pilot episode to Nickelodeon's "Big Time Rush". A series about four guys who become a popular boy band who move to Hollywood.
My young son was a big "Drake & Josh" fan and has since graduated from that series and now enjoys "iCarly".
Many times, I have watched the show along with him and he enjoys the humor of the series and needless to say, he loves the series. Upon reviewing this DVD, I admit I was surprised when I read the back cover and he instantly knew some of the episodes by memory. So, I would assume these have been replayed quite a bit on Nickelodeon.
For "iCarly: iFight Shelby Marx", I feel that this is a solid release for those who are fans of the show (or parents curious about purchasing the series for their kids) when it comes to content. Two movies, two episodes and a bonus pilot episode for "Big Time Rush" is included.
As for the parents who are wondering if the episodes are safe for the children, depending on their age, there is no major violence but there may be some content that parents may not want their younger children to see. The episodes are not rated but I'll point out a few things that may be of concern to some parents who are considering of buying this DVD for younger children.
There are two episodes that deal with martial fighters, in "iFight Shelby Marx", Carly gets a light in the face and in "iLook Alike", a fighter throws Spencer through a table. In two episodes, Carly goes against her brother (legal guardian) when he tells her to stop seeing the bad boy in "iDate a Bad Boy" and finding lookalikes to substitute for them on the "iLook Alike" episode. In the pilot episode of "Big Time Rush", you have four guys singing a song about "turd".
Personally, the series and episodes featured on this DVD are nothing for parents to worry about but if the descriptions of scenes I mentioned above causes concern, especially if you were considering of buying this for a 5-9 year old child, then perhaps parental guidance is suggested.
Overall, "iCarly: iFight Shelby Marx" was an entertaining DVD. Again, my young son absolutely loves this show and he enjoyed watching the episodes (again) on DVD. I wouldn't be surprised if other children are feel the same way and seeing how the ratings are pretty strong for "iCarly", many will have interest for this DVD.
Two TV movies, two episodes from "iCarly" and one bonus pilot episode of "Big Time Rush" on one DVD for a great price. If you or if you are a parent of a child who loves "iCarly", "iCarly: iFight Shelby Marx" is a DVD worth checking out.
This set contains the following episodes:
iFight Shelby Marx, Parts 1 & 2
iDate a Bad Boy, Parts 1 & 2
Of those 6 episodes, only 'iCarly Awards' can not be found on the Season 2, Volume 2 set. If you haven't already purchased this DVD, then the Season 2, Volume 2 set might be the way to go.