- portable | handheld
iConvert Scanner for iPad Tablet
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with 30 pin connector iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2 and iPad tablets
- Quick and simple way to scan documents to JPEG files
- Saves photos and important documents directly to your iPad tablet
- Adjustable feeder adjusts 2" to 8½" wide to fit many sizes, from small photos to full-size documents
- Compact size for easy transport
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Scanning process is supper easy, scanner did pretty good job with documents, it was pretty fast but there are more cons than pros for me.
1. It does NOT charge your iPad while it's docked on this scanner and this was quite a shocker.
2. Image quality was my main concern - color photos seem to have less of vertical lines but black and white photos have very prominent vertical lines through the photo, EVERY photo, lines are thin but it is not acceptable quality. Documents seem to be ok and i don't care about vertical lines on documents but my 30-50 year old photos must be scanned with at least as is quality, not worse and i don't want any additional artifacts. This issue was the deal breaker for me and i don't feel the scanned quality is good enough to rid my old photos. Also images seem to be little blurry, i tried to compare to original photos and something is just not right (i do have 20/20 vision and can see almost every pixel so it may not be concern to you) if you are using this for documents then i think it will do the trick. I have 10 year old flatbed scanner that is annoying to use because you have to crop every single photo after you scan it and it takes by far much longer to scan with my old scanner but quality cannot be compared - 10 year old scanner is by far better, i just don't think i can scan and crop 2000+ photos using it, i will go insane scanning and cropping... This scanner on other side DOES crop your photos to it's borders and does it beautifully and by far much faster and easier!
3.Read more ›
On the positive side, Brookstone was very accommodating and issued an order for a new one be shipped out immediately. An email containing a prepaid return label was also issued. At this point I'm giving the arrival and condition of the scanner one star not the scanner performance. I'm giving Brookstone five stars for their customer service.
I will hopefully update this review in a positive light once I receive my new scanner and use it.
Update: One week later and my new scanner has arrived and everything works great thus far. It powered up, I then placed my iPad 2 on the scanner's dock and was pleased to see that my iPad sits securely; no issues with a wobbly iPad as a few other reviewers have stated. I immediately scanned a document and was very pleased with it's quality. This scanner will be used in a casual home setting.
I am now upgrading my review of this scanner to 5 stars. I wanted to love this scanner and I do! Recommend.
Likes: Integration with iPad and iOS is very good. Once you install the app I had very minor issue with it.
1. Without the sleeve, it is very difficult to scan pictures (small size)
2. Scanner rollers gets slippery after scanning 100 + pictures
3. Cleaning the rollers (procedure came with the product) does not fix the problems
4. iOS app gets slower and slower if you go past 200 + pictures
1. Modify the app to automatically save (rather than asking/message or confirming save to the iPhoto)
2. Provide additional sleeve(s) for different size pictures
3. Some sort of tray in the back to hold the pictures when they come out
4. Include or provide attachment options with iPhone/iPad (9 pin connector)
Be aware that back of feeder needs to be clutter-free or paper fed will just stop or slow down while being scanned, distorting the scanned image. Even the scanner's own power cord ,if not positioned correctly ,can interfere with the rear outflow of the document.
I gave this item about 1 hour before deciding that simplifying things was taking too much time and effort. I think I'll stick with Scanner Pro app- using no additional hardware, getting pretty decent results with just ipad's own camera.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Don't waste your money. No longer works with app. Even when it did, was hard to scan paper work. I'm throwing mine away.Published 1 month ago by joe evans
The scanner does not work with iOS 9. I can not downgrade my ipad to ios 8 to work. The application is obsolete. Read morePublished 7 months ago by Jorge Cobian
The scanner Would not function!
I returned for a full refund. The scanner is no longer in production per Brookstone.
Just remember that this has a 30pin (old type) connector on it. I had to buy an adapter to use it with my iPad mini and iPhone 6. Software is great and it is a handy accessory.Published 10 months ago by Susan
Worked fine for a while. Then, dead. Not worth the time to send back, etc. Save your money.Published 12 months ago by David C. McNair
It does not work with iPads that have an update done to them. How can an item be sold if it does not keep up with the updates that it is supposed to work with a certain product!Published 14 months ago by Tina Gonzalez
Love this product have been able to scan old pictures. Very portable. Easy to usePublished 14 months ago by David K. Walling
What a piece of CRAP!!!!! Will not work with IOS 8 or anything above that!!! Customer service at Brookstone says guess you should not have updated your IPad and hung up on... Read morePublished 15 months ago by STANLEY A RITTER