iConvert Scanner for iPad Tablet
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Compatible with 30 pin connector iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2 and iPad tablets
- Quick and simple way to scan documents to JPEG files
- Saves photos and important documents directly to your iPad tablet
- Adjustable feeder adjusts 2" to 8½" wide to fit many sizes, from small photos to full-size documents
- Compact size for easy transport
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
iConvert Scanner for your iPhone or iPad Tablet. Note that you have too many piles of receipts, bills and other paper documents. Tame the paperwork jungle in your life by getting a scanner for your iPad® tablet. Our iConvert® Scanner captures sharp, detailed JPEG images and saves them directly to the photos folder of your iPad or iPad 2 tablet. Receipts and photos and memos, oh my! The iConvert Scanner will help you put order to-and prevent you from permanently losing-all the many types of documents in your world. At home, it lets you save family photos, genealogy records, greeting cards, recipes and children's artwork. At the office, you can archive meeting notes, resumes, renderings and signed contracts. While traveling, the scanner is perfect for digitizing receipts, expense sheets, and business cards. This compact scanner fits easily in your briefcase or backpack, measuring 12.1"w x 4.4"d x 2.8"h and weighing just 1.44 lbs. Don't risk accuracy by simply "photographing" your important documents. Cameras are great at taking pictures of people, places and things. They're NOT the best choice for capturing detailed images of documents. Using a scanner ensures that you'll be able to read every letter and number on your receipt and see every tiny detail in a photo or drawing. Shooting a document up close with a camera also frequently introduces distorted angles and unequal sharpness across the photos. By sending your document through a feed scanner, your image is perfect. iPad not included. iPad, iTunes and iCloud are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. "Made for iPad" means that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPad and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards. Apple is not responsible for the operation of this device or its compliance with safety and regulatory standards.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Scanning process is supper easy, scanner did pretty good job with documents, it was pretty fast but there are more cons than pros for me.
1. It does NOT charge your iPad while it's docked on this scanner and this was quite a shocker.
2. Image quality was my main concern - color photos seem to have less of vertical lines but black and white photos have very prominent vertical lines through the photo, EVERY photo, lines are thin but it is not acceptable quality. Documents seem to be ok and i don't care about vertical lines on documents but my 30-50 year old photos must be scanned with at least as is quality, not worse and i don't want any additional artifacts. This issue was the deal breaker for me and i don't feel the scanned quality is good enough to rid my old photos. Also images seem to be little blurry, i tried to compare to original photos and something is just not right (i do have 20/20 vision and can see almost every pixel so it may not be concern to you) if you are using this for documents then i think it will do the trick. I have 10 year old flatbed scanner that is annoying to use because you have to crop every single photo after you scan it and it takes by far much longer to scan with my old scanner but quality cannot be compared - 10 year old scanner is by far better, i just don't think i can scan and crop 2000+ photos using it, i will go insane scanning and cropping... This scanner on other side DOES crop your photos to it's borders and does it beautifully and by far much faster and easier!
3. Scanning App on my iPad 2 crashed after every 20-30 scans. it seems like if you use it on batches of images/docs it can't handle too many pages at once. (btw, i can deal with this and was not a deal breaker because the only lost image is the last you scanned)
4. dock connector is flimsy, iPad does not sit secure on it and each time i hit it with my hand iPad comes out. (not deal breaker ether but annoying)
5. wish there was automatic scan when you insert photo so you don't have to constantly click scan and save, perhaps a batch mode would be nice, scanning 30+ photos might drive you nuts, i ended up scanning about 25 out of couple thousand i need to scan and it was already annoying.
My favorite feature though was scanning it to my iPad and automatically syncing it to photo-stream and all these photos automatically backed up and showing up in my iPhoto app on my Mac! this was sweet, at first i was saying - well at least something this guys got right but then i realized that it was actually done by apple and this scanner simply saves it to picture folder... :(
wish i could upload few photos i scanned to show you the vertical line issue but not sure how to do this here.
hope this helps and wish you luck!
On the positive side, Brookstone was very accommodating and issued an order for a new one be shipped out immediately. An email containing a prepaid return label was also issued. At this point I'm giving the arrival and condition of the scanner one star not the scanner performance. I'm giving Brookstone five stars for their customer service.
I will hopefully update this review in a positive light once I receive my new scanner and use it.
Update: One week later and my new scanner has arrived and everything works great thus far. It powered up, I then placed my iPad 2 on the scanner's dock and was pleased to see that my iPad sits securely; no issues with a wobbly iPad as a few other reviewers have stated. I immediately scanned a document and was very pleased with it's quality. This scanner will be used in a casual home setting.
I am now upgrading my review of this scanner to 5 stars. I wanted to love this scanner and I do! Recommend.
It makes scanning receipts and documents an easy and straightforward task that literally anyone can do.
It is stable, it works and it's not too expensive. I love it
FWIW, this didn't work with my iPhone 4 or 4s. Not a big deal, but it would of been nice.