Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 144 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 172 reviews
on October 23, 2016
Bought this because it was time to get a new alarm clock (my old one wouldn't go off causing me to be late) I use an old 30-pin iPod to wake up to and it's really hard to find an alarm clock that has a 30-pin dock. I was excited when I found this. It worked great for the first couple of months, but now, only one alarm works which makes it annoying to change my alarm every other week.

Edit:
So, not even two years later I'm in the market for a new radio. Speakers don't work so with my iPod on the dock when I wake up to it plays the music off my iPod (which is not loud at all) and not speakers.
on May 22, 2017
Junk. It couldn't pick up a radio signal or jack my ipod. Worked for about a week then just went completely dead. My husband got it for me as a Christmas gift and by the time I opened it and we started using it, the company would not take it back. It must be because it's refurbished (it's the last refurbished item we buy on amazon) but it was a sad waste of money.
on May 3, 2016

I was looking for a clock radio with a docking station for my 13 pin Classic iPod. I also wanted a small "footprint" since it sits on my bedside table. It has nice sound and also charges my iPod. I was also pleased to see that it has the option to plug in other items that don't have the 13 pin configuration.

I do agree with other reviews with respect to the brightness of the time read-out. It is too bright so I simply put a Post-It to cover it up when I am sleeping.
on July 10, 2014
Not fantastic. Had an older version of the ihome which had a light up display where the digits were white on a dark background-fantastic for seeing the time in a dark room. This display is dark digits on a lit background-not easy to see at all. I have to strain my eyes to see the
Clock a few feet away in the middle of the night. Also do not like the way the features work. There are very few buttons and each button has many functions- hard to figure out the settings. Furthermore, at this point I don't know why there are products being manufactured that can not adapt to the new iPhone 5 and the like. Once I got an upgrade on my phone I can no Longer use most of the functions on this device. It's simple enough that there should be an adapter to accommodate the new phones. Overall not brut impressed.
on July 12, 2015
This is a great set-up to use my iPod for waking up, and charging it at the same time. The clock synched immediately to my iPod when I plugged it in. Directions in the booklet/manual were easy to read and follow for the alarm, music and radio set-up.

I really like the two alarm settings: I've set mine for 5-day wake up (work week) and 2-day (weekend).

If you want to wake up to your own music stored on your device, you'll need to create a playlist "iHome" and add it to your collection. Easy to do, and the music is shuffled every time the alarm is used.

I highly recommend purchasing an extension for the iPad pin-dock if you have it in any kind of protective sleeve or cover. The pin-dock only seats well when the iPad is uncovered.

If you don't have an extra USB cord, I recommend purchasing it at the same time of the clock purchase. I had an extra cord, so I leave it attached to the clock when I plug in my iPod at night.

The speakers are not high-end stereo system quality, but it's better than most of the clock radios I've owned (outside my Dream Machine that finally died after 12 years). The speakers give clear sound, the volume is easy to adjust, and no distortion for the songs with heavier bass lines in them.
on November 26, 2015
I feel like I have been mislead. In the picture it shows and iPad clearly on the dock. However, my daughter's kept falling over and has almost destroyed the connecting mechanism of her iPad. I bought it as a gift and she receiver it after the return policy so she is stuck with it. False advertising for sure. If you have an iPod/iPhone you might be safe.
on January 2, 2014
The order process and receipt of goods were fine. However, the product description on Amazon's site was weak and there was not adequate information. Unfortunately, we plan to return this item, because it does not meet our expectation for nighttime visibility of clock numbers. Backlit white is used, with dark for the numbers. When the intensity is reduced to its lowest (not off) setting, it is still quite bright (and too bright for my wife to have next to her head attempting to sleep). Turning the intensity to off is a hassle because you then must cycle through several intensity settings when you want to see the time again. We will now search for something that uses (red, green, or blue) variable-intensity LED, similar to what we had been using. It is unfortunate that the iHome product doesn't use this, because we otherwise like the features of the unit.
on December 30, 2013
Honestly, the only reason I purchased this speaker for my dorm room is because of the brand. Everything about the product is mediocre, in my opinion. I am a staunch Apple supporter, and this is my second iHome: the first speaker worked fine for about 4 years but then all it would do is keep time (very inaccurately, if I may add). The new iHome doesn't ever tune into the radio; I'm sure my product may just be defective but I don't have everything to send it back. The USB charging is also extremely slow. A few weeks prior to purchasing this speaker, I bought a Power Accoustik system. I LOVE it!! It has the same capabilities as this iHome (I.e. IPad, iPod, iPhone docking, USB and auxiliary capability, etc.) Unlike this iHome, the PA system comes with a remote, tells you the song playing on the radio, and tells you the the month, day, and day of the week. I got the PA at a great price-- $50 when it is originally about $130. Let's just say the PA is very well worth the money, and I would have gladly paid $130 for it if I had known what I know now. However, the $100 I paid for this iHome really was a waste. I see the price has dropped to $59.99. Too bad, it's only worth about $30. Don't believe the hype...it's just a brand.
on June 14, 2015
The iHome brand has amazing sound and functions for a clock radio. I have an Android phone, so I don't even use the docking functions, I just buy them because of the sound. I bought this unit when my house was broken into and my prior model was stolen. This unit has pretty good sound, but the sound isn't as good as my old model (original cost $99), and I use mine as the source for music in the bedroom. I thought that this would be the same, just without as many docking options, and I don't need them since I have Android products. This unit's sound is perfectly good, just not as good as what I had before. I upgraded to the most recent model, and it is as good as the prior. I am glad I spend the extra money, but if this isn't in your budget, this has good sound and very good alarm clock functions. You won't be sorry if you get this model.
on January 17, 2014
good concept, but with few major flaws that makes it marginal. First, the screen is much too bright, even at the lowest setting. It's like having a laptop on all night. Second, the lowest volume for wake to music is 5, which is too loud. Third, the charging receptacle is spring-loaded to one side so that you have to pull it back with a finger to mount your iphone. It also makes a loud click when you remove it, which wakes the wife. I had to use a thin piece of cardboard to center the plug. Finally, if you plug in an iPad into the dongle, the radio prompts the iPad to install the iHome app, which requires that you push "cancel" every time. Makes me wonder, don't these people test their own products?

On the plus side, the sound quality is good, and the auto-set of the clock from your iphone is nice. If I had to do it all over again, I would have returned it before the window closed.