- Alarm Clock
iHome IH16UXC 30-Pin iPod Speaker Dock
- Wake, sleep, or listen to your iPod; charges while docked
- Reson8 speaker chambers and high-end drivers deliver great sound in a small package
- Sure Alarm battery backup for alarm during power interruptions
- Auxiliary input for external audio devices
- Compatibility: iPod mini; iPod nano 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G; iPod classic 4G, 5G, 5.5G, 6G; iPod touch 1G, 2G, 3G
- Compatibility: iPod mini; iPod nano 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G; iPod classic 4G, 5G, 5.5G, 6G; iPod touch 1G, 2G, 3G; iPhone 3G, iPhone 3Gs
- Wake, sleep, or listen to your iPod or iPhone; charges while docked
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
This stylish travel iPod alarm clock is great for home or on the go. Wake and Sleep to your favorite music while charging your iPod.
Wake and Sleep to your favorite music while charging your iPod. Click to enlarge.
Low-profile design is great for travel.
Rear auxiliary input for external audio devices such as MP3 players.
Wake or Sleep to iPod
Waking up to your favorite music is a great way to start the day. The iHM16 lets you wake to your iPod, gradually increasing the volume so as not to jar you out of sleep too forcefully. If there is no iPod present or there is no music detected on the iPod at alarm time, the iH16 will automatically switch to buzzer alarm, to make sure you get there on time. The requisite nine-minute snooze is also included, since it takes some of us a little longer to get out of bed.
You can adjust the sleep timer from 90, 60, 30 or 15 minutes, and the sleep features a volume setting independent from the alarm volume.
Charge Your iPod
While you're recharging in your sleep, your iPod's filling up on electricity, so when you hit the pavement your iPod will be ready to go.
The snooze button also changes the dimmer, so you can adjust the display to your desired brightness. Choose from three settings.
Provided you have installed four "AA" batteries, you'll still make it to work in the event of a power outage, thanks to iHome's "Sure Alarm" backup feature.
The iHM16 delivers great sound thanks to iHome's specially designed Reson8 speaker chambers. Reson8 is iHome's through-body ported speaker chamber technology. Porting speakers gives better bass response characteristics, and helps the iiHM16 deliver sound beyond its size.
The iHM16 features a standard 3.5mm "mini" jack, so you can connect MP3 players, CD players, or most any other audio device.
Three Tasty Colors
Get an iHM16 to suit your style--available in lilac, gray, or blue.
What's in the Box
iHome iHM16 (Lilac), iPod Inserts, AC Adapter, User's Manual
Top Customer Reviews
As far as sound quality, others have commented on the specifics of the sound quality and though some were disappointed, I wanted to comment that for the price point the sound is very good in close proximity to the product. Since the product is meant as an alarm clock and a go to sleep music device, I think the assumption is that it is meant to be on your night stand within three to five feet of your ears. For this purpose the sound is just fine. I purchased two of these, one in silver/black and one in purple, one for each of my children who are 10 and 12. When they are playing music with their doors open and I am in a nearby location, the sound is not great for me. But when I go to say goodnight at their bedsides where the speaker is located, the sound is surprisingly good. The device is small, perfectly compact.
Others noted that the product is too lightweight. You can run it just off of its power cord to the wall outlet and it is pretty light that way but, once you put in the 4 AA batteries and the clock battery for backup, it is heavy enough not to get knocked over. I liked that it came with the clock battery and not too bothered that it did not come with the 4 AA's.Read more ›
- it is very portable and is not heavy at all: I just threw this into my handbag and took it to the office.
- runs on AA batteries if not hooked up to the mains (run time on batteries a lone is over 6 hours before you start to notice it does not boot up the ipod)
- when on mains it charges up the ipod; when on batteries, it does not charge ipod
- I move this around my home from the kitchen to the bathrooms (may get another one)
- the bass is not great, but even on a moderate volume, it is plentyloud enough to enjoy for when I am cooking, for example
- sounds great for classic and jazz!
- clock has alarm, sleeper and even a daytime saver adjustment! and a backup battery too.
- works for ipodclassic
- obviously not expecting to be like the home theatre speakers!
- with the competition hotten up -$50 is getting pricy.
- not too much to complain about for the price and portability.
- there is a little piece of plastic that is suppose to be placed at the back of the ipod to hold it in place: one side for classic and one side for nano: the nano side works, but the classic does not fit(it doesnt matter as my classic ipod holds well without this plastic backer)
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My iHome Speaker Dock worked for about 10 months then stopped. When I plugged in my ipod it would not charge
nor play. I am now looking for a better one.
I love the dock but I realized when I got it I didn't pay attention to the dimensions of it. I like it but thought it was bigger.Published on March 4, 2014 by Mark Tranel
Pretty cool. Great sound. Very stylish. Love the clock and Day Light Savings feature. Large, readable numbers make it a fabulous alarm clock as well.Published on May 31, 2013 by Big Mama
This still works for me a year later. I just got "HMDX Audio HX-P230GR JAM Classic Bluetooth Wireless Speaker (Apple)" which is louder and therefore better for me for my... Read morePublished on April 28, 2013 by RoseV
Works just like is says it does. Very small, so don't expect concert quality sound, but if you are looking for an alarm clock or little radio for your kids, this is a great... Read morePublished on March 18, 2013 by Eric VanKerckhove
Good, not great. Sound is a little whimpy. Also, why can't they make the stand a little bit bigger so you could plug in a device that's in its case. Read morePublished on February 24, 2013 by David A. Wilcox
BUEN ALCANCE DE VOLUMEN, Y MUY ÚTIL COMO DESPERTADOR Y RELOJ.Y ES MAS, UNA COSA IMPORTANTE . ES GENIAL PARA CALMAR LOS LLOROS DE LOS BEBESPublished on February 21, 2013 by Mari
Small but perfectly clear sound, i got this for my wife for Christmas and it was a hit. It came in her color, charges her phone, clear sound, we've had no problems and she loves... Read morePublished on January 22, 2013 by Wizworm