- Brand Name: iHome
- Model Number: iA9SZC
- Item Display Weight: 4.60 pounds
- Remote Control Description: remote_control
- Color: Silver
iHome iA9SZC App-Enhanced 30-Pin iPod/iPhone Alarm Clock Speaker Dock (Silver)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Wake or sleep to iPhone, iPod, custom playlist or AM/FM radio; the sync button syncs clock time to always-current iPhone time settings in seconds; and charges and plays iPhone or iPod while docked
- Dual alarm with weekday/weekend 7.5.2 settings that allow you to set alarms for a full week, work week or weekend with separate wake times/alarm sources to suit your lifestyle; plus programmable snooze time
- Customize and update your iA9 with advanced iHome apps by using the free iHome + Sleep app to tailor your alarm and sleep settings, get local weather, etc, and update the iA9 firmware. Use the iHome+radio app to access up to 10,000 internet radio stations
- Reson8 speaker chambers are specially designed sealed speaker enclosures delivering astounding clarity, depth and power; also has adjustable EQ bass, treble, 3D and balance controls to let you customize your sound
- Also includes remote control, line-in jack, battery backup, preset clock, 12 AM/FM presets, Daylight Saving Time switch, large backlit LCD display and backlit buttons, and universal 100/240VAC voltage AC adaptor
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
From the Manufacturer
iHome App-Enhanced Dual Alarm Clock Radio for your iPhone/iPod with AM/FM presets
Utilize the iA9's App-enhanced features with ease and convenience
The iA9 is an innovative clock radio for iPhone and iPod designed to take advantage of our 'iHome+Sleep' and 'iHome+Radio' apps. The iA9 allows you to wake to your custom iPod or iPhone playlist at different times on different days with our 7-5-2 feature, and to set custom alarms with the 'iHome+Sleep' app. Use the free iHome+ Sleep app to tailor your alarm and sleep settings, get local weather, even update the iA9 firmware. Use the iHome+Radio app to access up to 10,000 internet radio stations from around the globe.
Charges and plays iPhone or iPod while docked
Enjoy your favorite audio while keeping your iPhone or iPod fully charged with the iA9. With this feature you can wake or sleep to your iPhone, iPod, or AM/FM radio giving you the ability to start or end your day just the way you want.
High quality audio and customization
The iA9 also includes AM/FM presets, international radio band select, EQ controls and 3D sound and Reson8 sound technology for an exceptional audio experience. The Adjustable EQ allows total control of bass, treble, 3D and balance controls to let you customize your sound.
The all-around alarm clock radio
It even has programmable snooze time which lets you sleep in a little or a lot with snooze time between 1 and 29 minutes. With adjustable gentle wake and sleep volumes you can set the wake and sleep alarms, to gently increase/decrease your alarm/sleep volumes to ease waking and sleep. The adjustable nap timer is also a sleep-friendly feature-- set the nap timer to take a brief nap.
Top Customer Reviews
I am still using this device and it has been working flawlessly. I have since upgraded to the iPhone 5s-- this means I needed some kind of adapter to connect my phone since they lack a 30-pin connector now. I am using the Apple "Lightning to 30-pin Adapter" along with a dock-entender cable from CableJive: CableJive dockXtender Premium Dock Extender Cable for iPhone, iPod, iPad (2 foot black)
(It has been working perfectly for many months now.)
I'm still very happy with this setup...
--- ORIGINAL REVIEW ---
I am a long-time owner of iHome-based products. I have had mixed experiences over the years... some good, some not so good. When I recently had my prior iHome clock-radio fail (prematurely, in my opinion), I was not sure if I would use iHome on my next purchase.
Well, I did some research on today's product landscape, and I settled on this iHome for several reasons:
- Good reviews across a number of sources.
- iHome as a company are keeping their products up to date.
- Some of the problems I found/experienced with their previous products have been fixed in these newer models.
- ** IMPORTANT FOR ME: This is one of the few Apple-compatible clock-radios on the market that still has an AM radio!
I have been using this for a few weeks now and am thoroughly happy. It works well, integrates properly with the compatible iOS apps, has good sound, and was easy enough to program (even without using the handy apps). I find the volume to be of good quality, not superb, but I didn't expect a high-end sound system when I purchased this.Read more ›
The other extremely key piece of information that was buried in documentation (and really, it's a red flag if you ever have to RTFM for an iPhone app) is that whichever of the 2 apps you use, you have to open that app as the last thing you do before you dock your iPhone. The other annoying thing is that even if I've selected "iPod" (in the iA9 app) or a specific playlist in the iHome app (the apps seem the same but the iHome app has about one menu level more of functionality, don't ask me why), your desired playlist has to be the last thing you play on your iPhone before you go to bed. Listening to Pandora before bed? You will wake to Pandora, regardless of the settings on the apps. Closed Pandora and opened the Music functionality on your iPhone, but didn't hit play? You will wak to Pandora. This is a way too many things for me to remember to do before I go to sleep.
After weeks of waking up cranky with drafts of an Amazon review about this alarm in my head, I decided to write this review and go back to what I had before: a dedicated iPhone whose sole purpose is to dock on my alarm, my daily iPhone plugged in sadly on the floor.
Other reviews I read said the sound was really good. I will say the iHome alarm clock sounds much better than my former alarm clock, however don't get your hopes up. It produces average to a bit above average sound. This is not what I go to when playing music from my iPhone.
Overall I would recommend this item, but don't expect great sound. This isn't a Bose product, after all.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The display is WAY too bright, even on the dimmest setting. Otherwise works great, but the brightness is a huge minus.Published 5 months ago by Alyssa Anne
I bought two of these and they were great while they lasted. Very soon after purchase the wouldn't charge the iPod in the dock. Very frustrating!Published 7 months ago by Maria Warmerdam
Nice addition to my bedroom, works well with a number of options.Published 9 months ago by Bubblehead8
I could tell this item had been opened. It had a few minor blemishes. With that noted. I tried the Philips DC290/37, which was also opened. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Mark D. Kline
I did return the item, but no fault of its own. The jack and its placement were not going to work with my cats. It didn't fit quite right for my iPod.Published 23 months ago by E. Bosch