Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18_gno

on January 17, 2013
The only reason it's getting 2 stars from me is because it did indeed have a light. I should take away a star though because the light was basically a dim florescent light that instantly gave me a head ache. This lamp looks sleek in the picture and thats why I bought it, but as soon as I took it out of the box and looked at it, touched it, plugged it in to check it out, I instantly decided it's...umm.. I'll leave it at cheap looking. Everything but the shade is made of plastic; the kind of plastic that you can just feel will crack if it falls to the hard wood or tiled floor once. The arm that swings out from the base would probably go flying too if it wasn't attached to the lamp with the wires leading to the speaker, so essentially that bit would be left dangling. Needless to say I sent it back the next day (I did not intend for that to rhyme).
The seller was really cool. The lamp-'thing' came rather quickly, was packaged well, and I returned it with no hassles whats-so-ever.

My suggestion for people is just buy a regular lamp and if you want some sort of combo item sitting on your desk, buy a clock with iEverything hook up. I bought this (Memorex MI4703P Dual Alarm Clock Radio for iPod and iPhone (Black)) and it's sexy looking and will wake up the dead on MP3 mode if you happen to need a new alarm clock too.
on December 13, 2012
I love this product concept and design. The delivery was quick and in great shape!!! The dock is adequate- though "tight" when first used. My only issue is the LED lights- it does brighten the room, but is not nearly enough to read by or anything else really. The dimming feature is great for those times when you want a little light and was not advertised with the product. As I said, does a great job charging my iphone (3S and my Daughter's 4S). The speaker is exactly what I expected- not top of the line but it does the job well. Only the light quality was disappointing. I would likely recommend this for others, with the knowledge that a READING lamp would still be needed for bedside or other reading.
on October 27, 2012
the outside box was fine upon arrival, no damage at all. but when i opened it the inside box looked as if it had been punted a few hundred yards. I opened the box and indeed the lamp was broken. I had this next day shipped to me. What kind of a company intentionally ships broken merchandise? i'm search for another person to purchase it from. i will update the progress of the return as they handle it.
on January 31, 2012
Picked up these in each color for a client who was having a color theme party. Worked out great and he got many compliments on the speakers. I got to keep one and I'm happy with it too.
on March 5, 2012
We added one of these to our baby's room so we can play songs and have a light on while she tries to go to sleep. We went with the white lamp/speaker and it matches pretty much perfectly in her room. Works very well, I can see this being around for a while.
on November 9, 2012
Bought primarily to listen to podcasts without being tethered to earbuds. Sounds great, fills the room with sound. Can't dock it properly however without removing the iPhone from its Otter case. That's why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5.

I'd recommend it for the reasonable cost it is.
on March 13, 2012
My hubby loves to plug things into his iPhone and vise versa so I thought this would be a nice surprise for him. He loves it! The size is compact and he was able to have it on his night stand with space left over. Having it charge while it's in the cradle is a great feature, A+.
on March 21, 2012
Gave this to my niece for her 12th birthday and she loved it and I got "Cool Uncle" status. Now I just need to figure out what to get for her next birthday.
on February 1, 2012
WOW! We are just pleased to high heavens with this speaker lamp. Our son in law (who never really gives us anything we've liked in the past for a gift) sent us this for our anniversary. At first we had no idea why he gave this to us, we didn't have an iPod, but low and behold, he pulls one out for us and it has all of our favorite songs on it. He then hooked it all up and showed up how to make it work, it's actually pretty simple. When I look at this I am just amazed how much music that thing can hold. When I think about all the records I've had and the space they look up... Anyways, we are happy with this item.
on December 14, 2012
Nice sound. Charges iPod. Lamp is LED so energy efficient. Attractive looking.
I got the black one for my mother in law. She sets it by the couch and listens to music I put on a playlist for her.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question