Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Color: Black|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

Showing 1-10 of 69 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on February 3, 2015
I know there were plenty of bad reviews about these, so I should have been forewarned, but I'm a bit of an optimist (and a bit foolish?), so I thought that perhaps my experience would be better. The problem with these speakers is simply that if you want to use them wirelessly via Airplay, they cut out so often and sometimes for so long that you just end up plugging your phone into them anyway. I have a strong internet connection and the modem is right near one of the speakers. When I'm playing music or the radio on my computer or phone, it never cuts out no matter what room I'm in, but using these speaker you can't listen to more than one song without them cutting out for seconds or minutes at a time. You can't listen to talk radio because every story gets cut off. iHome shouldn't be allowed to sell these and Amazon should remove them from their store. We're not talking about a product that's merely inferior or "not great;" we're talking about a product that can't perform the very function for which it's being purchased. If you're looking to play music or radio via Airplay, these — though inexpensive and good looking — simply don't work, so please save yourself the trouble of wasting your time and money.
on July 5, 2014
I really want to like the wireless iHome products. I really do. And I'm a techie, so I'm good at troubleshooting the quirks. And now that the price has dropped on these, it's a great value. But as I sit here and write this, I'm listening to my replacement iW1 (which I had to pay $60 to send in for replacement of the original unit which just stopped turning on) which is now sitting right next to the iW2 which SHOULD be playing but won't connect now no matter how many times I restart and reset the modem, router, phone, computer, or speaker.
These are great units when they work, and they work flawlessly for about six months to a year, but ultimately they're not reliable at all. I even purchased the iW2 during the iW1's replacement knowing some of the quirks because they're just so convenient. Hope this helps someone in their decision on whether or not to purchase.
Oh a note on the sound. The iW1 has the bass the iW2 lacks, but neither are spectacular. As we are playing already compressed AAC or MP3 files, even if played on an amazing stereo system, those files will only sound so good (former audio engineer speaking). So for a smaller home, and the convenience of digital phone/computer audio, it's just fine. As long as it works. Now, where's that Sonos catalogue...?
on June 12, 2014
I bought this, and the Belkin Charge and Sync Dock. Together, they'll cost you less than $100, an absolute bargain!

My first iHome from 2003 is still going strong, but it's starting to yellow, and a basic lightning adapter wouldn't have worked since the dock connector is slanted. So instead of having to get all complicated in making it work again, I opted for a new one. The main reason I didn't go for the clock version is because just using the iPhone is a lot easier and you have all these cool alarm apps. Plus, if your port breaks/or becomes obsolete, it's easier to switch out the dock.

Setup is pretty easy. You want to use the "iHome Set" app by the way, and not the one specified in the manual (it's obsolete). I did have a hard time setting up AirPlay, but I blame that on my AT&T U-Verse router and not the iHome itself. If you're having connection issues, it's best to just poke a hole in your wall and wire a huge ethernet cable into your attic and back to your router. AirPlay over wifi works best if you don't have someone in the other room playing Xbox Live or watching Netflix over it, which lets face it, is hard to make not happen.

You can also just use the iPod connection failing that. When using it that way, it allows you to play any sound coming from the device too.

I didn't expect the sound to wow me, and it doesn't. But it's nice enough for an office or bedroom. I think if you're like me, and are looking for a new iHome to replace an old iHome, you won't be disappointed.

It easily fits in with any decor too.
on May 30, 2014
I had an eye for air play speakers for quite long now. But the price was too much for any speaker out there. I saw this with a discount lately and I grabbed two of those. If I had given 170-200$ per each, I would be very dissapointed now. it feels like it is 20-40$ dollars computer speaker with AirPlay characteristics.

They have a noticable bass feel, you can adjust treble and bass through their app. They were quite easy to set up, I used my iPhone and the cable. I had, though, to restart one speaker in order to see the wireless networks.

I used it some hours so far, they are quite reliable, but if you have a weak wi-fi router, you may be in trouble serving multiple speakers.

As far as it concerns the wireless transmitting, AirPlay, I have to admit they are perfectly synchronized. I broadcasted at the same to 2 iW2 and my appleTV's speakers and it was fluent.
on January 18, 2016
speakers are very much worth the price, love not having wires hanging all over and can move these speakers out side and even use the with my IPhone, jus remember to reset your wifi system cause other things on your wifi will mess with sound quality.
on May 8, 2017
Need to check for compatibility with your specific model of iPhone and iPad before you order. I did not ask the person what models they had before ordering. Had to return the device my fault not the dealer's fault.
on March 29, 2013
If you are looking for sound equal to a BOSE system, please buy a BOSE system! While the sound quality doesn't compare to the $350+ units, this little speaker provides adequate sound to fill a small space. For under $140, I have to say, I'm quite pleased.

I wanted to lose the wires in my home and be able to play my itunes library throughout my house and this does the job. I opted for the iW2 instead of the iW1 because I didn't feel I needed the rechargeable battery for the additional $50. This unit needs to be plugged in to work, which is fine with me.

Set up was a breeze. It took less than 5 minutes. I used the iHome App, on my iPhone. The signal has been working fine, it hasn't dropped yet.

My only gripes are that I do lose the signal when I get an incoming call on my phone. Oh well. My bigger gripe is that the remote does not power the unit at all which is annoying. I would have liked to place this unit on a high cabinet in my kitchen, but I cannot do that because I can't use the remote to turn it on or off. The remote has an on/off button, but it doesn't work. I guess the iW1 shares the same remote, and it can be used to put that unit into sleep mode, but doesn't do a thing for the iW2.

If you buy this, know that you will need to push the power button on the unit itself to power it. This is why this loses a star in my review.
on March 4, 2014
After reading all the other reviews stating that this speaker cuts out, I decided that Apple must have fixed that issue so I bought it. And guess what? It cuts out. It is great for what I use it for which is sleeping while playing a repeating storm track in my bedroom. However, the issue of it cutting out isn't what annoys me the most; it's the fact that it totally loses its connection right before I fall asleep so I have to establish a new wifi connection or ignore it and try to fall asleep. Try falling asleep while something annoys you. Almost impossible, isn't it?

The sound is good for my bedroom. The thunder and rain track I play sounds good. However, I still want to smash it with a tiny bat when it cut out almost exactly when I'm on the verge of falling asleep.
on October 27, 2014
I've got two of these, both purchased in June. As of early October the first unit's power supply died. When I called the company the power brick is not under warranty and they want $21 for a replacement (you can buy these online for $5-$10). I'm pretty happy with the sound quality and build of the main unit, but had a higher expectation for support from the company. If something fails in the first year it should be covered by warranty!
on July 18, 2015
When it works, it's a good product. Not the best sound quality, but good enough sound quality for the money. HOWEVER, it frequently cuts out, or won't connect to the sound source for no apparent reason. It even cuts out when it's connected via the wire, and not using the airplay. Currently, it's non-functional for some unknown reason--when my computer tries to connect it finds an "unknown error." I have had this for less than a year. The issues with cutting out started almost immediately, but seemed to improve over time. Now it just won't connect at all.