iLIVING ILG958 1500 Watts Electric Portable Fireplace And Space Heater With Remote Control
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Features advanced Nickel Chrome Filament heating technologies. Lifetime 80,000 hours. Realistic Flickering Flame Effect with Dimmer Brightness controls
- Heat up to a 1000 sq. ft. Rooms. No Venting and No Chimney Required
- 2 Heating Levels: 750 Watts at LOW and 1500 Watts at HIGH. Cool to The Touch with Auto Safety Shut-Off and Tip Over Safety Switch
- Electronic Adjustable Thermostat with Timer. Temperature setting from 50F-86F
- Remote control and Lifetime Washable filter
Customers Also Shopped For
The fireplace heater does not require no special venting like other do, just plug in and enjoy the the warmth. The settings on the iLiving Infrared Fireplace Heater can be controlled on the unit itself or from the wireless remote control. A high efficient, whisper quiet fan distributes and circulates heated air evenly from floor to the ceiling. The beautiful crafted fireplace heater will fit any decor and with four caster wheels, it's a breeze to relocate. The fireplace produces a beautiful and realistic warming glow just like a real fire!
The ILG-958 heater will shut down and go into standby mode, when the room temperature has equaled the temperature on the heater. The electric flames will continue to projected and displayed when in standby mode. When the room temperature drops approximately 2° below the heater temperature, the heater will automatically turn back on. Please see the owner's manual for more information.
Top Customer Reviews
When the heater arrived, it appears exactly as pictured. It is compact and does not require a lot of space. The faux flame is pleasant. The remote comes with an additional battery, which is thoughtful.
Reading over the instructions a few things stood out. First, it states the filaments are good for approx 20,000 hours and the item description says 80,000. Second, it is meant to supply supplemental heat and is not recommended as a sole heat source. Third, it says to plug it into an outlet wired for appliances. (When purchasing a mobile heating unit this really stood out as poor planning when designing the item.)
Overall the appearance gets high marks but the functionality is a little lacking. It does an ok job as a sole heat source.
While there were definitely things I liked about it, I finally decided to send it back because the fan was getting louder and louder (rattling). In the room where I was watching TV or listening to music, I decided the increasing noise was increasingly annoying. Before buying this unit, I read reviews where people opened it up and tightened the fan and it was quieter, but I just wasn't up for trying that. (I would have if the return window had closed.)
I do think this has some nice things about it, so here are my personal pros and cons:
1. I enjoyed the cheesy faux fire, which is nicer than just a space heater
2. I liked the wooden cabinetry
3. I like having a remote control for a space heater
4. I like having temperature control on a space heater (some are just on/off or high/low/off... though you can get a thermostat outlet switch, such as: Lux WIN100 Heating & Cooling Programmable Outlet Thermostat
5. There are wheels on the bottom, which helped with positioning.
1. The increasingly loud (increasingly rattly) fan.
2. The fire doesn't pass for real fire; it just suggests a fire. I look forward to an improvement in this technology.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The only thing I don't like about this heater is that there is no readout of the actual room tepm when you turn it on. Read morePublished 8 months ago by Isabella Schwartz
This heater is absolutely wonderful. It works perfectly, and I love that it has a thermostat which also works perfectly. Would like to have another when winter comes again!Published 14 months ago by Beverly Miller
I order my first one and liked the way it looked. It worked fine for a month or so until it gave a spark and burning smoke and died. Read morePublished on February 26, 2014 by Kat
I had this item for two months and it did ok. Today it started smoking out of the vent ( glad i was home). I called Dr. Heater they said send it back but i had to pay for shipping. Read morePublished on April 3, 2013 by lynn clifton
After using this less than 2 months, it suddenly went off and smelled of burning wires. Unplugged it and tried to re-start and it never worked again. Read morePublished on March 15, 2013 by Hamp
looks to be made very nice, heats better than i expected .the olny problem i had, is that the light bulb for the special fire effects, burned out fairly quick. Read morePublished on March 6, 2013 by bigt
heater works fine, heats a small room. does not spread out if heating a larger space. Fireplace feature quit working.. lasted just over a month. returned unit.Published on February 5, 2013 by Regis Purceell