Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: iLive 3.1 Channel 37-Inch Bar Speaker System with FM Radio and Charging Dock for iPhone and iPod (Black)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on November 30, 2011
Like one of the other reviewers here I purchased my ILIVE elsewhere. Picked mine up this afternoon at Walmart for $98 dollars, on sale for Christmas I assume. I bought it for my Haier 32" flatscreen TV that I bought here on Amazon 2 weeks ago because although the TV has a beautiful picture it has rotten speakers and sounds like a small transister radio (seriously!). The only downside to this soundbar is that it would not hook up to my TV with the supplied RCA lines and I had to go to Radio Shack and spend another $15 bucks on a mini-plug line jack that I had to run from the TV's headphone outlet to the Input jack on the soundbar. Once I had that in place I fired up the two components and adjusted the bass and treble to the maximum settings and the sound is just wonderful ! What really surprised me is how good the bass response is considering the small speakers. It does come with a Subwoofer line out jack and I am going to hook up my Sony powered Subwoofer that I have in storage and then I will have a perfect home theater system as far as I am concerned. The mute button on the remote controlled the TV volume too which is a pleasent surprise. The added bonus of having an FM radio and an Ipod/Iphone slide out bay makes this a well rounded unit for the money to say the least. I played a few DVD's and the SRS surround worked just great with nice seperation of sound effects etc. I played some of my more bass-heavy CD's through my DVD player and the sound once again is very satisfying for me and I don't find myself wishing that I had more bass although I will add my Subwoofer to the unit simply because I can and it's only one wire instead of 6 wires with a standard home theater system with 5 speakers and a Subwoofer. I don't miss those nasty wires AT ALL ! I would reccomend this unit to anyone that is on a budget and wants great sound without breaking the bank and hates messing with a bunch of extra speakers and hiding wires under throw rugs to get that added surround sound.
on March 27, 2013
Shipping was super fast! Got it the next day. The bar is compatible with my iTouch but the speaker are way below good. It distorts at medium level and the bass sucks (but it does have a Subwoofer output). Also, this model (I should have checked the model # more closely) only has analog and 3.5 jack inputs. No way of connecting to my HDMI or Optical only LCD TV. May keep it to mount on the wall in our bedroom as the alarm clock with the iTouch dock could be useful there. Don't expect much for $60 with shipping!
on January 21, 2013
Bought a tv that has a great picture but terrible sound. This sound bar works great with the tv and has good sound. Also nice that it has an iPod dock although for the iPod my other stereo sounds better. Great value.
on July 24, 2011
I have had this sound bar for 2 months now. It works fine. The sound is not great...but ok for it's size. The ipod/iphone feature is nice...how everwhen you plug in the iphone 3g it say it needs to download an ilive program, but i can not find it online in the itunes store. It does have some weight to it, so if you are like me and want to wall mount this thing, you're gonna have to drill four holes in the wall with anchores to secure it. The remote sucks! The lay out and functionality of it is crap...drives me nuts everytime i pick it up. bottom line is you get what you pay for with this. It's inexpensive, for moderate quality.
on May 1, 2014
I was looking for a sound bar to enhance our new 40" tv. When I saw this unit, I didn't hesitate to order. I am glad I did. The sound is better than the tv and has multiple setting options for various viewing choices. Although the sound does not provide theater type sound, it is way better than the tv. Other plus features are the ipod dock which allows me to play my Itunes playlists, and also Pandora and internet radio sites. In addition, it has FM radio recetion with presets to tune to your favorites. And if that wasn't enough, it allows me to connect to my tv composite jacks so I can play movies off my video app on the ipod. And a price under $100.
All of these option make for a 5 star product.
on August 21, 2012
I purchased this, as some here mentioned, to hear my TV better & have a dockable system for my old iPhone 3 which has become my music media player. I am not a sound snob by any stretch, but the quality of this soundbar without a subwoofer (not included) reminds me of my Evil Kenivel transistor radio I used to take around with me in the late 1970s. Lucky I had an old subwoofer from my PC system, and I was able to hook it up. It sounds fine now, but I wished I had gotten a model with subwoofer included. You get what you pay for, I guess.
on August 19, 2014
Works well: not a Bose sound system, but I didn't expect that. Has the added bonus of being able to play/control the old-school iPod Classic through the included remote, and a FM tuner as well. All in all, excellent product for the price.
on March 6, 2013
Bought it from another store. 5 minutes after receiving it, I'm now enjoying the music.

First impression, a typical average quality unit. Plastic feeling but looks very nice and much more expensive than the price I paid (<$30)

Installation: no need to, just hook your audio source to the backpad of this unit and that's it.

Sound quality: it's now sitting aside my HK AVR driven home theater system. Of course, it can't compete with that. But the sound quality meets expectation. It is quite clear and loud enough for a small-mid size room. The bass is OK if you put it on the floor. Table-top setup will reduce the bass power, again as expected. I tested it with an external subwoofer. It works fine. So be realistic, it is just a small set of integrated speakers. It is designed to improve your audio system from the TV but not to replace any serious theater system.

I'm charging my ipod touch now and will update with that portion later.

Given my recent experience of purchasing amps and speakers, I'd say it works on par with a DIY system at price range of $50~$75. So it is definitely worth buying if price is lower than that.

Update about the ipod connectivity: this function is great! The remote directly controls the playback of ipod touch. Although the build quality is just OK, meaning that the pop-out dock feels not that sturdy, it is working just fine. I have a very old 2nd generation 32G ipod touch which I'm not really carrying with me so I don't really need to remove it very often.

Until now, everything seems working very well. And I'm changing my rating from 4 stars to 5 stars. Will recommend it to everybody at $50~$75 price range. Anything below that will be a steal!
on December 26, 2014
This soundbar is complete junk. Don't waste your time even if you think it may suit your needs.
If you have difficulties with the product, the ILive Customer Service will not care. They just tell
you that the device in not compatible. There is no way to troubleshoot any problems, because
they don't have any troubleshooting guidelines. Sent our unit back today!
on March 29, 2012
Let's remember this: this is not a replacement for your high end soundbar for your home theater system. It does however improve the sound of your TV and makes watching movies/sports much better. What a lot of people don't realize that this is a all-in-one solution where you can listen to your iPod, tune into FM radio, connect two audio sources (TV/Game/Bluray whatever you have) and one aux line. Just buying simple iPod speaker dock usually costs this much and doesn't give substantially better quality.

If you are in the market to buy a first class soundbar for home theater experience, and consider iPod dock just and add-on, this product is not for you. However, if you're like me, who considers iPod dock to be important feature, and is happy with just improving your living room's TV sound bit better - this is the one. For the given price, it does its job and saves a lot of space (that was another thing I was personally looking for).

The remote is not as bad as some other folks have reported, and you if don't like the remote, use universal remotes like Logitech Harmony - works like a charm. The unit also supports add-on subwoofer.

The only thing missing is digital audio input - that would have made this a five star.