Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: iLive iSA30B Wireless 3.5mm Aux Speaker
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on September 27, 2011
Purchased this product a little over a year ago.

Since that time, it has caused almost DAILY irritation and frustration between the speakers 'losing' the link with the transmitter signal or else one or the other speaker(s) not coming on, etc.

Each day, we needed to ask ourselves if we wanted to try getting this lousy machine to work, and then deal with this wireless speaker system's inherent poorly crafted design and implementation, or just turn on a small radio and deal with the other frustrations of the day.

Yesterday, the system itself seemed to answer for us which option to go for: it now will no longer "link" to its 2 satellite speakers situated just a scant 15 feet away.

iLive is a company that is not interested in their product's longevity, (as evidenced by this system's poor design), but only in their own profits. Trying to reach their customer service worked about as efficiently as this product.

Avoid this company's products like THE PLAGUE.
on August 19, 2011
I never actually got to use this product. I bought it to use in places where I didn't have a power source. The description says it uses the power adapter or batteries, but those are just the speakers. The transmitter MUST be plugged into an outlet! They did not make the transmitter to run on batteries. The transmitter is nice and small (about the size of a smart phone)and it would still be small if they only added a compartment to put in 2 AA batteries. I was really disappointed that I still had to plug in the transmitter. Sent this product back before using it.
on November 24, 2011
Please do not buy this product...i am on my 2nd one and it just died AGAIN :( save yourself money and do not buy this piece of garbage!
on October 5, 2012
The speakers sound great, but I bought two to go along with the two I had bought about a year and a half ago to add more sound for a party I was having. I was unable to synch the two new ones with the old base, or the two old ones to the new base. What I had to do was synch up the two bases (input/output rigging) so that each base talked to their respective speakers and that worked well. But it's not as neat and clean and more cords between the bases.
Still a cheaper version than an outside speaker system, but frustrating that I could not get all 4 speakers synched to one base.
on December 31, 2012
I made the huge mistake of purchasing three of these systems. Two no longer work. The transmitter will no longer sync to the speakers. That's problem #1.

Problem #2 - I need to reconnect the speakers almost daily - if anything is turned off or who knows why - you have to resync. Here is the fun part - you have to press a button on the speaker and on the transmitter at exactly and I mean exactly the same time. Now think about this - wireless speakers and base station that cannot be unplugged and need to simultaneously have a button pressed to sync. That means everything must be within arms length. Kind of defeats the purpose of wireless now doesn't it.

Problem #3 there is a blue LED that is always lit when in sync, or a flashing one when not. It's more like a laser burning your eyes out if you have these in the bedroom. They are so strong, you can see the light with your eyes closed.

SO, 2 of three are broken - these are poorly made, high maintenance and annoying.
Other than that these are "wonderful".... food for your garbage can.

Don't buy these at any price, you are wasting your money.

This is the first iLive product I purchased, after this experience I never buy anything with the iLive logo on it.
on July 21, 2013
I bought this to replace the same sound system (albeit a different base system) that we had and it was just as bad. The product says that it comes pre-synced to the base. Not true. Had to sync them, which isn't difficult to do, when it works. It kept making a sound like an overly obnoxious fire alarm. Once they finally synced, you couldn't move the speakers more than 5 feet away from the base. If the slightest object came between the base and speaker, it went to straight static or just wouldn't make a noise. Thankfully Amazon and the seller worked with me in getting it refunded and I bought a completely different system that worked straight out of the box with absolutely no hassle!
on January 18, 2012
I'm not sure why all the bad reviews for these speakers- I LOVE them! used them outdoors all summer (top of one even warped in the heat/sun) They stayed out through the wind and the rain etc... brought them in to use while painting various rooms of my house and just loved having them. I was thinking of picking up a couple more. I never had a problem with them losing connections etc. I wish the transmitter did have a battery option- but it's not the end of the world.. They have a nice full heavy sound and douns sound hollow or washed out like other speakers I have tried.
on September 29, 2013
I thought the whole point of them was to be able to keep them outside and the ipod inside? When I have to keep the ipod very close by which causes it to lose the wifi signal. Even when I keep it close the speakers sometimes become statically. further away where the signal is and it really doesn't pick up that well if at all.
on November 27, 2011
The speakers are Very difficult to pair with the base transmitter. After several attempts, I was finally able to get both speakers to link. However, the sound on 1 speaker is very poor at high volumes. The sound quality on the second speaker is much better. I tried relinking the bad speaker (again, requiring several attempts)but the quality is still bad. This speaker is probably defective. The "tone" indicators do not always work during pairing. I also found that it appears to be necessary to play media through the transmitter during the pairing process.
on July 17, 2012
love these speakers, my tv is around 20 feet from bed and it works great. On occasion though i do get hissing and 'clicking' with audio despite having a clear view to transmitter. still happy though, lets me and the wife watch tv without having to blast the volume so we can hear it across the room. sounds pretty cool when the surround sound comes out since one of the speakers is right by my ear and the other is by wife's ear.